Thread: High hopes....not so much now......what could've been

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default High hopes....not so much now......what could've been

I was so looking forward to next season already...before the bad news hit.....figuring that our team underachieved last year...had a lot of injuries...but with mostly the same team back.....a new found WR.....an HC, OC, and RB ready to follow the owners chime of running the ball more...I had high hopes and plenty of confidence that they would snap back from the ****ty season they left us with this year. No reason not be optimistic.

Now I can't even say I am really excited about the season getting here sooner than later. If we have any luck as fans.....this **** will be straight by the start of camp...if not....it's gonna suck.

At this point I want it gone by then...one way or another....it probably won't....but sure wish it would. Time to move the **** on.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: High hopes....not so much now......what could've been

Patience, grasshopper.....

****, man, this is the off-season and all sorts of stuff runs rampant. It always does in one form or another... Before you know it, we'll be talking about OTAs and camp, then the pre-season... It'll all work out one way or another... And our team will be on the field before we know it.

If other news makes it's way into it, so be it... As a Nation, we'll deal with it.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Imagewise, Ben is going to continue to take a beating. I'd be willing to bet though that come time for camp to start, Ben will be there to get ready for the season to start.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be willing to bet though that come time for camp to start, Ben will be there to get ready for the season to start.
    Hopefully with a chip on his shoulder so as to do some serious damage to the rest of the league.

... Don't get me wrong, Ben has ****ed me off... But all I need is for him to be a quality qb and get the ****ing job done. Nothing more, nothing less... He is not my "hero", he is not a "role model"... He is nothing more than an employee of an organization I follow and love.... If he does his job, I'll be happy... Beyond that, **** the degenerate.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta say I agree NKy. It's a shame he has to act the way he does, but as long as he produces on Sunday, he will be doing what he is paid to do. Too bad he can't act like a decent person off the field.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Ah ****....it just feels like deja vue....ground hog day all over again from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    Ah ****....it just feels like deja vue....ground hog day all over again from last year.
    ... In this modern era, it is always groundhog day, and the roadkill will always see his shadow due to the lights and media coverage...

(Seriously, the groundhog always does because of the lights... It's no secret. As for the young bucks, the "lights" could also be a problem.)

Threads : 82

Whatever happens I am excited about the upcoming season. Doesn't seem to me like there are these big scary dominant teams anymore. Anyone has a chance to get on a roll. Without Ben the challenge would be greater but more rewarding if they still get there.

Threads : 1632

I've lived to see my Steelers win six Super Bowls. Can't complain too much, really.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At least ths crap didn't go down a week before camp.

People outside the Nation already hated us. Screw 'em!

Until the legal outcome, I'll withold my personal judgement.

Football-wise: Hail and kill!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta admit, with or without him, there's nothing i'm looking forward to more than our boys going up against baltimore in that opener (if that's what they decide)

I get no more pumped than i am for our baltimore games.
    Sweet *** sig thanks to Kipper.Hidden Content

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Going into 2009 we were healthy, had a weak schedule, coming off of a superbowl victory, we had no important loses that we believed were an issue... we all were overly optimistic feling good about the season and .... pfft. didn't even make the playoffs.

Go back 2 seasons. the entire offseason, training camp, pre-season, first half of the season was dedicated to people crying about the Offensive Line. People claiming we were an 8-8 team because of the )-Line, that Ben was going to have a season ending injury. It was doom and gloom at it's complete highest going into the 2008 season and.... we simply took the toughest schedule, ran through it on our way to the 6th Lombardi.

Threads : 122

I hope this **** is cleard up before training camp. Have a feeling it probably won't be over before the 2011 offseason. I am really looking forward to every single freaking game hearing some horse**** announcer go on and on about Ben and his off the field incidents. ****ing ESPN behind the lines and all the other ****** bottles doing all these lame assed expose's on Ben.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I hope this **** is cleard up before training camp. Have a feeling it probably won't be over before the 2011 offseason. I am really looking forward to every single freaking game hearing some horse**** announcer go on and on about Ben and his off the field incidents. ****ing ESPN behind the lines and all the other ****** bottles doing all these lame assed expose's on Ben.
    If it wasn't already your routine I believe this will be a good year to put the radio crew on and the tv sound off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Going into 2009 we were healthy, had a weak schedule, coming off of a superbowl victory, we had no important loses that we believed were an issue... we all were overly optimistic feling good about the season and .... pfft. didn't even make the playoffs.

Go back 2 seasons. the entire offseason, training camp, pre-season, first half of the season was dedicated to people crying about the Offensive Line. People claiming we were an 8-8 team because of the )-Line, that Ben was going to have a season ending injury. It was doom and gloom at it's complete highest going into the 2008 season and.... we simply took the toughest schedule, ran through it on our way to the 6th Lombardi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Once the 2009 season started all was forgotten about Ben's ill wills in Reno, knowing 2 things...the story sounded far fetched and we knew that since it was a civil suit the **** would drag out long after the season would be over.

Even if there is a possibility that this time around Ben finds a way to not get into any trouble and all is explained and he is truly thought clear, so the season could start without all the BS (only hopeful dreaming here), there undoubtly will either be another civil suit or some type of settlement down the road. (can't afford any settlement while the Reno **** is still alive)

And all of this is also based on the idea that the Rooney's don't just can his ***. Football games are the only thing that can make the Ben pain go away, for us and for him.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information