Thread: Steelers 2010 Salary Cap & State Of The Roster

Threads : 186

Default Steelers 2010 Salary Cap & State Of The Roster

Threads : 413

Default Re: Steelers 2010 Salary Cap & State Of The Roster

The only two that stick out to me are Max Starks and Ike Taylor. Waaaaaaaaay overpaid IMHO.

Threads : 60

Why aren't we trying to negotiate a long term deal for Santonio? I know he has 2 years left but $755,000 is an insult.

If I was Santonio's agent his *** wouldn't see the field until a new deal was done. He is actually making less then Arnaz Battle ($925,000) and A.R.E. (1.7 Mill) who we just signed. Neither one of these guys have a chance to dethrone Santonio from the #2 spot.
    Last edited by LasVegasGuy; Mar-15-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why aren't we trying to negotiate a long term deal for Santonio? I know he has 2 years left but $755,000 is an insult.

If I was Santonio's agent his *** wouldn't see the field until a new deal was done. He is actually making less then Arnaz Battle ($925,000) and A.R.E. (1.7 Mill) who we just signed. Neither one of these guys have a chance to dethrone Santonio from the #2 spot.
    Yeah, good point.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    You answered your own question... 2 years left... They won't even look at it till next year so as to sign him before the final year of his contract.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    You answered your own question... 2 years left... They won't even look at it till next year so as to sign him before the final year of his contract.
    I hear what your saying bro. but the Steelers have to use some strategic thinking here. If you bring him in and do him a solid now, he may do them a solid in return with reasonable terms on a new deal. If he has a monster year next year, we may not be able to afford a contract with him.

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    I hear what your saying bro. but the Steelers have to use some strategic thinking here. If you bring him in and do him a solid now, he may do them a solid in return with reasonable terms on a new deal. If he has a monster year next year, we may not be able to afford a contract with him.
    ... But that's just it. Management has not gone out to sign someone that far in advance. At least not that I can recall off the top of my head... I'm sure it might've happened, but it's just not the norm for this organization... For that reason, I don't expect anything till next off-season for him... But hey, that's just one dumbasses' opinion...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

... But that's just it. Management has not gone out to sign someone that far in advance. At least not that I can recall off the top of my head... I'm sure it might've happened, but it's just not the norm for this organization... For that reason, I don't expect anything till next off-season for him... But hey, that's just one dumbasses' opinion...
    True, but we never used to sign 30+'s to big deals, never used to be active in FA and never used to bring guys back. With the holes and luming disasters we have to fix, we need a little different approach and the Steelers seem to be seeing that also. I don't see Santonio as a ? mark, you want this guy back and you need to get him locked up now at a reasonable contract term and showing him you want him here early may just soften him up before he puts another great year or two together, plus there are a lot of pricey moves coming just down the road. If the Steelers wait until the last minute to deal with them all they are going to get stuck behind the 8 ball on some because they didn't think ahead now. Santonio is a known commodity LOCK HIM UP!!!

True, but we never used to sign 30+'s to big deals, never used to be active in FA and never used to bring guys back. With the holes and luming disasters we have to fix, we need a little different approach and the Steelers seem to be seeing that also. I don't see Santonio as a ? mark, you want this guy back and you need to get him locked up now at a reasonable contract term and showing him you want him here early may just soften him up before he puts another great year or two together, plus there are a lot of pricey moves coming just down the road. If the Steelers wait until the last minute to deal with them all they are going to get stuck behind the 8 ball on some because they didn't think ahead now. Santonio is a known commodity LOCK HIM UP!!!
    ... Maybe they are waiting for the definitive result of the "uncapped year", and will do it then?... Who knows... But yea, I see your points and agree.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Couldnt agree more, he's grabbing the double team now and opening up opportunities for Wallace to burn the wheels...He's made way too many big plays to not consider him in the long term plans. Unfortunatey, and clearly, the subject will not be addressed in the immediate future

Threads : 60

This year should be an exception. Bring Santonio to the table and give him most of his money in the uncapped year. Then spread out the remainder of his contract over the next few years when there might be a cap. This way we lock him up long term and his cap hit is minimal. This is the year to lock up your marquee players without paying the heavy price or spreading out the signing bonus over the length of the contract.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Steelers aren't gonna set a precedent with Blunt...with 2 years left....Blunt knows his payday is coming....the uncap possibility may play into it next year....but doing the deal now just ain't the Steeler way. The signer Tone gets is gonna be unbelievable...and at the same time...they will have to be thinking about Troy too.

After clicking on the link, not aware of Foote's contract, I was really surprised at the money he got.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    After clicking on the link, not aware of Foote's contract, I was really surprised at the money he got.
    Yea... It was alot IMO... Especially based on what I think he'll be doing...

Yea... It was alot IMO... Especially based on what I think he'll be doing...
    If I was Farrior, I might be worried...the old saying...be careful what you wish for....he really wanted Foote back......just sayin......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information