Thread: Tressel contract extended

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Tressel contract extended

Tressel contract extended

COLUMBUS, Ohio--Gene Smith, Ohio State associate vice president and director of athletics, announced Tuesday head football coach Jim Tressel's contract has been extended two years. The current contract, originally signed in 2008, will now run through Jan. 31, 2015-- the end of the 2014 football season.

"We wanted to reward Jim for his exemplary work with our football program and lock him in as our coach for an additional two years," Smith said.

Tressel's compensation package will not increase over the final two years of the deal, Smith said.

"Jim has never once come to me about compensation," Smith said.

"Jim has indicated to me he is satisfied with his salary. He is aware of the financial situation we all face in athletics and I am thankful for his service and loyalty to the goals of the department."

"We are fortunate to have a wonderful university administration, athletics administration, coaching staff and players," Tressel said. "To be able to
    continue building the Ohio State tradition alongside these people, along with
    our band, cheerleaders, fans and university community, is an honor."
    Tressel's contract addendum is subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees at the May board meeting.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 691

Default Re: Tressel contract extended

First off,for the record,I hate Ohio State. I do have to say extending Tressel was a very good move for them. After Woody Hayes,the Buckeyes never seemed comfortable with Earle Bruce or John Cooper even though they had decent records. Tressel has built a fine program at O.S.U.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tressel contract extended

Well, I definitely do not care for OSU either, and I really don't like Tressel. But yea, it was probably a good move for them...

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information