Thread: Programming note (radio programming that is)

Threads : 197

Default Programming note (radio programming that is)

Looks like the Clear Channel stations decided this was their week to head to Bradenton.

Rocco DeMaro will be on 104.7 FM 6-8 PM Today (Monday) - Friday. Monday's scheduled guests are Kyle Stark and Tony Sanchez. Others will be on throughout the week, and Rocco almost always gets Neal Huntington, so I'd expect him at some point. Earlier in the year Andrew McCutchen also agreed to race Rocco in Bradenton, so we'll see how that goes.

Joe Bendel will be on 970 AM and he has Frank Coonelly scheduled for today. I think he comes on at 4 PM.

There should probably be podcasts up at some point.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Programming note (radio programming that is)

any chance of them airing some ball games?

They're actually airing 8 of the final 13 games, and one of the ones they aren't airing is a split squad game. They've actually been playing more than I expected this year. Sometimes they flip them over to 970 rather than 104.7, so you have to look out. Here's the schedule:

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/sc...t.jsp?c_id=pit

Threads : 94

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're actually airing 8 of the final 13 games, and one of the ones they aren't airing is a split squad game. They've actually been playing more than I expected this year. Sometimes they flip them over to 970 rather than 104.7, so you have to look out. Here's the schedule:

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/sc...t.jsp?c_id=pit
    Hey jnn...are those interviews available via podcast?

When Rocco does shows they usually put up the full shows as podcasts, and every once in a while will cut out individual interviews. Nothing's up for this week yet since the first show just ended an hour ago, but they'll most likely have them up at some point. http://wpgb.com/cc-common/podcast/si...trainnings.xml is the URL if you want to subscribe (it will give you all the postgame shows for the full season), or you can just check there to see if anything new is up. Bendel's show usually just has selected bits up on the podcast, I'll check and see if they put anything up there.

In addition to Sanchez and Stark, Rocco also had Chase d'Arnaud on today. I think Bendel might have interviewed d'Arnaud as well, but I missed it. d'Arnaud talked about Bernie Holliday, the mental conditioning guy from the army and some things about his approach and stuff. He said he's really comfortable with both SS and 3B, but 2B is a new experience for him and needs a little work. He expects to open the season at AA, but hasn't been told anything definite.

Sanchez talked about how much he still has to focus on keeping up with his conditioning and about game calling. Said he's definitely opening the season in Bradenton, but is looking to move to AA quickly. Both d'Arnaud and Sanchez seem like great guys who are going to work ridiculously hard.

Stark talked about a bunch of different things. Seems like Bernie Holliday is a big hit thus far, and Don Long has decided he wants him talking to the big league hitters, then Ohlendorf started to push to get him in with the pitchers as well, though they still want his focus on the minor leagues. He mentioned that Trent Stevenson's body isn't able to handle some of the things they want to do quite yet, as he's so ridiculously skinny. Brooks Pounders is kind of in the opposite boat, and they want to bring his weight down. Said Alderson's arm action probably isn't something they'll be able to change since different things work for different guys, they just want him to be able to get the most out of it like he's been able to in the past.

They have the podcast up from the first day, but I don't think they have yesterday's yet. On Tuesday they had Delwyn Young, Andrew McCutchen, Aki Iwamura, and Brad Lincoln and Danny Moskos (together). Some good stuff from all of them.

Gift Ngoepe, Jack Taschner, Ross Ohlendorf, Charlie Morton, Neal Huntington, and I think some others are scheduled for today. Thursday will be the last show.

They finally have all 4 shows up on the website if anyone wants to listen. Best interview of the week goes to Charlie Morton. I don't think baseball is mentioned one time.

http://wpgb.com/cc-common/podcast/si...trainnings.xml

Another note: Before Monday's opener there will be a pregame show at 10 AM. Guests are scheduled to be Bob Nutting, Frank Coonelly, and Neal Huntington. I don't think they'll take calls on the show, but Rocco DeMaro is accepting questions if you have anything to ask.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information