Thread: Argo!!!

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Argo!!!

Now that the snow trails have melted (for the most part) in NEOH and the sleds are "summer-ized"...Me and my friends have been looking for a new outlet...

My buddy bought an Argo a couple weeks ago, BIG FUN!!! Pretty impressive machine. His is a '79 and runs like a tank...literally. I dont have any footage of the beast, but check this link to see what it's about!!! I'll post some personal vids ASAP!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxCSCCxDbA[/ame]
    Last edited by Bton66; Mar-25-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Default Re: Argo!!!

Sorry, still havent taken any personal vids...but another example of the "awsomeness" of the Argo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxH2iAOQxCM[/ame]

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The company I worked for in 2000 used an Argo for it's towed array. We used it to collect geophysical data over large areas (several hundred acres) instead of using people power.

The machine ran like a tank (hell the controls where like what is in a tank). The only drawback was it also handled like a tank (absolutely no suspension, you felt everything)and it sat low to the ground (less than a foot ground clearance).

Granted, we were not using the Argo for it's intended purposes, but the thing beat the hell out of you after 8 hours in it. For recreation, it would be a fun machine. Not so much if you had to spend/work 8-10 hours in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoPittsburghFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The company I worked for in 2000 used an Argo for it's towed array. We used it to collect geophysical data over large areas (several hundred acres) instead of using people power.

The machine ran like a tank (hell the controls where like what is in a tank). The only drawback was it also handled like a tank (absolutely no suspension, you felt everything)and it sat low to the ground (less than a foot ground clearance).

Granted, we were not using the Argo for it's intended purposes, but the thing beat the hell out of you after 8 hours in it. For recreation, it would be a fun machine. Not so much if you had to spend/work 8-10 hours in it.
    Good stuff, at least yinz were outfitted with an Argo, rather than man power or a Cushman/Gator/Mule...The machine is BAD ***!!!

I could see how 8 straight hrs could work against you, as the "cab" sits pretty upright with a gastank at your shins (depending on the model).

However, for recreation...the thing is unbeatable! Especially when equipped with a bildge pump and trolling motor for aquatic "capers"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information