Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batch Re-signed

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Batch Re-signed

Steelers re-sign Charlie Batch to two-year deal
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2010 11:57 AM ET
    Charlie Batch is staying in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers announced today that they have re-signed Batch, an unrestricted free agent quarterback who has spent the last eight years in Pittsburgh, to a two-year deal. No financial terms were disclosed.

The Steelers were always interested in keeping Batch, but it may have become a higher priority when starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault. The Steelers' other backup quarterback is Dennis Dixon.

Batch has started four games during Roethlisberger's tenure in Pittsburgh and has been fairly reliable, although he's thrown only two passes in the last two years.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Batch Re-signed

This is alright, Charlie is a good guy who certainly knows the program.

sjdrewk

If the worse comes to pass, the team can do okay with Batch as the starter. Batch is capable to be the starter and lead the team. But two problems, he probably gets hurt and there is no way we win a SB with Batch starting.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the worse comes to pass, the team can do okay with Batch as the starter. Batch is capable to be the starter and lead the team. [HIGH-LIGHT]But two problems, he probably gets hurt and there is no way we win a SB with Batch starting[/HIGH-LIGHT].

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    So just what the hell is wrong with that statement? Care to elaborate or is a face palm as far as you go?

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's good news from my point of view. Charlie Batch might seem to be a clipboard wielder only, but his input seems to be a positive effect.

If you see only Arians talking to Ben oin the sideline, chances are that any play is already going to pieces. If you see Charlie there too, he's often the last one talking with Ben and I seem to recall thinking that often this ended with a decent play or series.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's good news from my point of view. Charlie Batch might seem to be a clipboard wielder only, but his input seems to be a positive effect.

If you see only Arians talking to Ben oin the sideline, chances are that any play is already going to pieces. If you see Charlie there too, he's often the last one talking with Ben and I seem to recall thinking that often this ended with a decent play or series.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have absolutely no problem with this signing whatsoever....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post

Yes it is....I'd like to see him as a Steelers' coach when he decides to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    So just what the hell is wrong with that statement? Care to elaborate or is a face palm as far as you go?
    My bad, I guess I should've elaborated on the random facepalm

There is nothing wrong with your statement...it was the sad reality of what you said that prompted the facepalm.

All in all, I am indifferent on the signing...However, part of me hopes that Batch will be the 3rd option at QB. I do like what he brings to the locker room and he'll be great in terms of DD's development.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    My bad, I guess I should've elaborated on the random facepalm

There is nothing wrong with your statement...it was the sad reality of what you said that prompted the facepalm.

All in all, I am indifferent on the signing...However, part of me hopes that Batch will be the 3rd option at QB. I do like what he brings to the locker room and he'll be great in terms of DD's development.
    Ah, thank God, I wasn't sure what you meant by it. lol

I like the signing but I don't like what this deal signifies- it means the Steelers' are probably bracing for the worst...but I am probably reading too much into this deal.....but I rather Batch retire after this year and become a qb coach for us but for me a two year deal for a decent back up qb and a good guy isn't a deal to get upset over. He gets hurt a lot though. Something to think about if the worst case scenario happens with the Ben and he is guilty of the assault charges....it will be "In Batch we Trust"...a little scary.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Threads : 60

Are we ever going to put someone behind Ben that actually wants to start and not hold a clipboard. Maybe we could get more out of Ben if he knew someone was nipping at his heels.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is a safe signing no doubt, and I agree about it being a good idea of him being the next QB coach, but like LVG said, it would be awesome to have a guy behind Ben who could push him and be able to come in and play at a solid level if Ben got injured or ended up in the butt****ers farm for a sexual related crime
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    It is a safe signing no doubt, and I agree about it being a good idea of him being the next QB coach, but like LVG said, it would be awesome to have a guy behind Ben who could push him and be able to come in and play at a solid level if Ben got injured or ended up in the butt****ers farm for a sexual related crime
    You know what....and I hate to do this because Ben was one of my favorite Steelers' players but right now he is on my ****list until he is cleared of any wrong doing. That is the only way I would ever forgive him. But you know if we brought in a competitive qb that can push Ben he would probably throw a fit.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone needs to make a man out of him, ideally himself, and knock it off with the prima donna attitude. I'd hate to see him ruin his career with childish behavior.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information