Poll: Where does the Ben fiasco go?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Will Ben be a Steeler?

Threads : 413

Default Poll: Will Ben be a Steeler?

Watch this video commentary and then decide how you view this whole mess.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?v.../nfl/headlines
    Last edited by exNCite; Mar-27-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Poll: Will Ben be a Steeler?

i think the more likely scenario is ben tip toes by this incident, and will remain QB until his play on the field starts to falter, then the locker room is going to rise up and haul his *** out of town, assuming the reports of guys thinking he is a ****** is correct. Ill give it 3 years.

Threads : 60

I voted for none of the above for many Fezziwig reasons.

1. Maybe he is innocent ?

2. If he is innocent, negative lime light still might not fly with the Rooneys or Goodell and judgement might still come down upon Ben.

3. If he is guilty he may have a two or three strike chance with the Rooneys and Goodell.

4. If he is innocent the Rooneys/Goodell might make him join sometype of respect the ladies program or sexual abuse program if anything like that actually exist.

5. The Rooneys could just be fed up with him and the two sexual allegations plus they must be hearing all the crap about him that we hear. Having said that, they would consider trading him or losing him during a bidding war when his contract comes up for renewal. Lose him on purpose I mean.

6, If he is found guilty and the league suspends him, I see him getting the pink slip from the Steelers.

7. All and all, I really don't know how this will play out.

Another rumor I heard about him is during training camp he flipped out in the lunch line at one of the food servers. Ben likes corn and carrots but not mixed together and one of the ladies made the mistake of serving him the mixed veggies and he went off on her. I did hear this but again, who knows the truth. The reason why I mentioned this, you would think if Ben did have the poor personality or people skills, the Rooneys would know by now. This along with the sexual talk revolving around him may lead the Steelers to cut their ties with him.
    If Ben is all the negative stuff we hear about him, I'd rather not know or I'd rather he was off the team.
    My guess if he does get the boot from the team, he will market himself as a great guy in his next NFL city because of a couple of reasons.
    1. He would now want or be guided to make himself look the nice guy and all previous talk was BS about him.

2. Maybe by then he may have grown up.

sjdrewk

I voted he will be a Steeler and retire a Steeler because I figure he will escape this latest charge and someone and perhaps will finally get it through his skull not to try to **** ever woman in sight without asking permission first.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jleisele58 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think the more likely scenario is ben tip toes by this incident, and will remain QB until his play on the field starts to falter, then the locker room is going to rise up and haul his *** out of town, assuming the reports of guys thinking he is a ****** is correct. Ill give it 3 years.
    I am thinking along these lines. Then again the great QB's seem to peak in their 30's. He may be playing the best football of his life in 3 years. Only time will tell.

Oh I want him to be our Quarterback and I truly believe he will be or go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks ever. The bad press he is getting might keep him from being viewed as one of the best some day but, his records and wins will tell the true performance of his QB talent. I remmeber the year we drafted him my friends cousin was here visiting and he is from the same town as Ben. He said to us that the Steelers will have their best QB ever in Big Ben and he said Ben will get us a couple of Super Bowl wins because he was that good.
    To me it seemed Ben wasn't getting the press or coverage at the time of his draft I thought he should have been getting. I didn't think that at that time but after seeing how good he is, I wondered why he wasn't thought of more highly.

Back to Ben and his personal life choices he, must have hundreds of girls throwing theirselves at him, why does he insist upon the nuts or the ones that turn on him or better yet, the ones that obviously are not so eager to be his one night stands ?

Threads : 3263

I said he will get suspended... Or at least he should, for a few games, based solely on Goodell's "personal conduct" policy.... Goodell has proven in the past that a conviction is not necessary for a suspension to occur.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

If the suspension does happen, do we win without Ben ?

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    If the suspension does happen, do we win without Ben ?
    I don't see why we wouldn't... We've won games with Batch before when Ben was out for consecutive games...

If the suspension were to occur, I doubt it would be more than 3 or 4 games, but who knows.... The precedent has been set before with chronic troublemakers (Pacman, Chris Henry)... Being that Ben has had 2 instances in a relatively short period of time, it could be considered "repeating"... I dunno.

Now while I do NOT classify Ben with these other two, the point is the repeated bad behavior/choices that were made. There were no convictions with the other guys when Goodell suspended them... I know that it's a crazy notion, but I could see Goodell sitting Ben for a few games.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I don't see why we wouldn't... We've won games with Batch before when Ben was out for consecutive games...

If the suspension were to occur, I doubt it would be more than 3 or 4 games, but who knows.... The precedent has been set before with chronic troublemakers (Pacman, Chris Henry)... Being that Ben has had 2 instances in a relatively short period of time, it could be considered "repeating"... I dunno.

Now while I do NOT classify Ben with these other two, the point is the repeated bad behavior/choices that were made. There were no convictions with the other guys when Goodell suspended them... I know that it's a crazy notion, but I could see Goodell sitting Ben for a few games.
    The thing is there is a good possibility that both of these cases will go away and when / if they do, what exactly did he do that was so wrong? If he gets convicted in one of them then never mind. Problem for Goodell is this might be the first time he has had this happen to a WHITE star, a lot of people are probably going to be critical of how he handles this either way. I personally don't like that the league does this to athletes that could possibly be innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    The thing is there is a good possibility that both of these cases will go away and when / if they do, what exactly did he do that was so wrong? If he gets convicted in one of them then never mind. Problem for Goodell is this might be the first time he has had this happen to a WHITE star, a lot of people are probably going to be critical of how he handles this either way. I personally don't like that the league does this to athletes that could possibly be innocent.
    I hear 'ya, man.... It's gonna be interesting to see how Goodell handles it.... But even as a die-hard Steelers fan, I personally think he should deserve a mild suspension... Simply due to "conduct"... Whether the claim goes away or not, his conduct was poor... Isn't that the crux of the "policy"?

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    Watch this video commentary and then decide how you view this whole mess.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?v.../nfl/headlines
    Fox sports are complete ****ing idiots they have got to all be browns,ravens and cincy fans

sjdrewk

If all that comes out of this is that Ben gets suspended he should consider himself real lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I hear 'ya, man.... It's gonna be interesting to see how Goodell handles it.... But even as a die-hard Steelers fan, I personally think he should deserve a mild suspension... Simply due to "conduct"... Whether the claim goes away or not, his conduct was poor... Isn't that the crux of the "policy"?
    Sure. The biggest thing for me is if he gets out of this mess I'm not sure he learns his lesson. He has a history here of not learning lessons. I don't even know if a suspension is going to penetrate his titanium skull but it can't hurt. Well it can hurt the Steelers more than anyone Why Ben???

Threads : 277

As of 6PM on Saturday, I am the one vote suggesting that the Rooney's have
    OD'd on Ben and will trade him to St. Louis (along with Willie Colon?) for the Rams first five picks this year! This is the year and the draft to have lots of extra picks. The Rams get their franchise QB and a decent OL.

Wouldn't Suh look good on our DL? Thomas at #18, Maybe Odrick/Pouncey at #1 in the Second, etc, etc, etc...

• Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information