Thread: Big East notes

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Big East notes

From the Big East

*West Virginia became the 16th Big East team to reach the NCAA Final Four in the conference's 31-year history. *West Virginia is the Big East's fourth different Final Four team in the last four years.

*The Big East is the only conference that has placed at least one team in the NCAA Elite Eight each year since 2002. Six different Big East schools have reached the final eight in the last nine seasons.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Big East notes

The Big East was probably the strongest conference this year and sent like 8 teams to represent the Big East but suffered many upsets whereas last year the didn't send as many teams but had two inn the final four. Which year was better?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Big East notes

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Big East was probably the strongest conference this year and sent like 8 teams to represent the Big East but suffered many upsets whereas last year the didn't send as many teams but had two inn the final four. Which year was better?
    I'd have to go back and actually research the numbers, but if they didn't send 8 last year, it was just one or two less...

I don't think you can compare the two seasons IMO... This year just had the more upsets... Just because Kansas lost doesn't mean the Big-12 is lousy, just because Kentucky lost doesn't mean the SEC isn't competitive.... And just because the Bige East had 4 losses (I think) in the first round doesn't mean the conference is any worse than last year.

... I guess, what I'm rambling on about is, it comes down to your own choice. I don't think one was better than the other.

Take it a step further... If WVU wins, would that overshadow the record number of first round losses?.... Ehhh... "Fielder's choice" IMO.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information