Thread: Mistakes in Steve McNair case

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Mistakes in Steve McNair case

CBS: Police made mistakes in Steve McNair murder investiagtion
    01:20 PM
    3 Comments

3 Recommend

CBS News revealed new information about the death of former NFL QB Steve McNair on Monday that the network said raises questions about investigators' presumption that McNair's girlfriend, Sahel "Jenny" Kazemi, killed him in a murder-suicide.

CBS reported that Nashville police cited an incorrect time line of Kazemi's whereabouts when they said she purchased the gun they say she used to kill McNair and herself two days before the shooting. Police claimed that Kazemi was absent from work for a two-hour stretch on the evening Thursday, July 2, during which she bought the gun. (CBS video after the jump.)

But CBS said that Kazemi's two-hour absence from work actually occurred on Wednesday, hours before she was arrested for suspicion of DUI with McNair as her passenger.

"There are a bunch of inconsistencies that would cause me to go back and investigate it further," Private investigator Wayne Black told CBS.

Kazemi's family and friends told CBS they still do not accept that the 20-year-old could have orchestrated a murder-suicide. "She wasn't angry enough to do something like that," her sister, Azadeh Kazemi, told the network.

Friend Lakresia Polite told CBS she spoke with Kazemi just hours before the deaths. "She sounded like normal, happy, bubbily Jenny," she said. Police had said Kazemi was a woman spinning out of control with financial problems and jealousy issues over McNair's relationship with his wife.

CBS plans to continue its investigation on Tuesday with a look at what it said was ties between Kazemi and Adrian J. Gilliam Jr., the man police later arrested for selling a gun to her. He admitted selling a gun to Kazemi for $100.

Kazemi's sister, Sepideh Salmani, told the Tennessean the day after the deaths that the family suspected a "third person" was involved. -- Sean Leahy

Threads : 691

Default Re: Mistakes in Steve McNair case

Not saying the cops didn't make mistakes,but alot of this is probably just her family having a hard time accepting the fact that she could have done something like this.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying the cops didn't make mistakes,but alot of this is probably just her family having a hard time accepting the fact that she could have done something like this.
    I agree. Just thought it was interesting.

sjdrewk

Did you see that the text messages between McNair and his girlfriend have been released to the public? How do you think the wife feels right about now?

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    Did you see that the text messages between McNair and his girlfriend have been released to the public? How do you think the wife feels right about now?
    Isn't it disgusting? Some people just have no respect for anyone or anything. He has children too. At least give them the respect they deserve
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

Threads : 58

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Isn't it disgusting? Some people just have no respect for anyone or anything. He has children too. At least give them the respect they deserve
    I agree. Unfortunately, that's the media these days. They have to be the first to break the story, to hell with kids and family members.

Frankly, I really don't care what the text messages stated. Keep it in house and if they find something had in fact went wrong during the investigation, then look into it and get it fixed. There is no need to make a media circus out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately, that's the media these days. They have to be the first to break the story, to hell with kids and family members.

Frankly, I really don't care what the text messages stated. Keep it in house and if they find something had in fact went wrong during the investigation, then look into it and get it fixed. There is no need to make a media circus out of it.
    Anything to make a buck
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information