Thread: Walter's New Mock; Great for Steelers

Threads : 277

Default Walter's New Mock; Great for Steelers

I know it's imaginary, but "Walter's" latest mock has seven wonderful selections through the first 5 Rounds (including two comps following the Fifth). He has a very pleasant surprise coming to us in the First Round, but I'll let you see who it is.

http://www.walterfootball.com/

If he would substitute DE Corey Peters for NT Jay Ross, with the second of those two "comps" at the end of Round 5, it would be a superb list!!

Threads : 29

Default Re: Walter's New Mock; Great for Steelers

I think there are 2 CBs taken right after #52 I'd rather have than Franks but that would be a nice weekend if it played out that way.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So he has:
    1. Rolando McClain
    2. Dominique Franks
    3. John Jerry
    4. Eric Norwood
    5. LeGarrette Blount
    5. Barry Church
    5. Jay Ross

I am just trying to see how my first three rounds are much different........
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 29

I definitely like McCourty better than Franks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I definitely like McCourty better than Franks.
    Or Robinson...or even Ghee (maybe) who happens to have come in for a visit.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

You are right, after Haden the CBs are a "crap shoot" (as is the entire draft), but there are a gaggle of decent ones who should be there in Round 2, which argues against taking Earl Thomas at #18, as attractive as he is for this team because of his skill and versatility (able to play either Safety position, as well as CB).

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    You are right, after Haden the CBs are a "crap shoot" (as is the entire draft), but there are a gaggle of decent ones who should be there in Round 2, which argues against taking Earl Thomas at #18, as attractive as he is for this team because of his skill and versatility (able to play either Safety position, as well as CB).
    I guess my point was that you were fairly critical of my mock, which had McClain going #1, and seem to love his which actually gives us less talent.
    Hidden Content

I was???

If that was the case (I don't remember all of my comments), it likely was before he ran a 4.70 40 and announced his diagnosis of Krohn's disease, meaning--at the time--there was no way I thought he would last until #18. Things have changed because of hsi slower time and health situation, but he would be a possible "steal" if they could get him without "trading up."

I certainly can live with that choice if he is there at #18 and the Steelers go for him.

I've been consistent in hoping they go OL in the First (Iupati, Bruce Campbell, and possibly Pouncey, if both those two are gone).

I am wondering, because of Earl Thomas' ability to play CB as well as either SS or FS, the Steelers choose him? While Thomas projects as a talent, it just means that many of the quality OL will be gone when they choose in the Second.

I was???

If that was the case (I don't remember all of my comments), it likely was before he ran a 4.70 40 and announced his diagnosis of Krohn's disease, meaning--at the time--there was no way I thought he would last until #18. Things have changed because of hsi slower time and health situation, but he would be a possible "steal" if they could get him without "trading up."

I certainly can live with that choice if he is there at #18 and the Steelers go for him.

I've been consistent in hoping they go OL in the First (Iupati, Bruce Campbell, and possibly Pouncey, if both those two are gone).

I am wondering, because of Earl Thomas' ability to play CB as well as either SS or FS, the Steelers choose him? While Thomas projects as a talent, it just means that many of the quality OL will be gone when they choose in the Second.
    Here's what you said:

Unless we trade up for Jacksonville's pick, how does McClain get by the Giants at #15 to us at #18, when have a bigger ILB hole than we do?

The only quality ILB I see available at #18 is Weatherspoon, who has better wheels that McClain. Also, unless you are desperate and can see the future, one has to be concerned about McClain's diagnosis of Krohn's disease.
    I am not desperate...he's an absolutely awesome player. People get caught up in some stupid stuff...watch tape of him and tell me he has inadequate speed.

And Crohns Disease...people have played with worse...we've had a starting LT with diabetes (although one could certainly argue that is not worse).

Finally,the only way I want the Steelers to go OL is if an absolute STUD falls...OR if they trade DOWN (which I see you have thought about as well).
    Hidden Content

I don't think I disrespected your selections, as much as I suggested that McClain won't get to us at #18 because teams (likely the Giants) choosing before us might grab him.

I think Weatherspoon will be there at #18 and, if that's the hole they want to fill (besides OL, CB or S), "Spoon" has the tools, although some reviewers find his personality "over the top...like "Peazy," but without the game performances to back it up.

If they draft McClain at #18, I'll salute the choice since I trust Colbert.

I don't think I disrespected your selections, as much as I suggested that McClain won't get to us at #18 because teams (likely the Giants) choosing before us might grab him.

I think Weatherspoon will be there at #18 and, if that's the hole they want to fill (besides OL, CB or S), "Spoon" has the tools, although some reviewers find his personality "over the top...like "Peazy," but without the game performances to back it up.

If they draft McClain at #18, I'll salute the choice since I trust Colbert.
    Couple of things...I do not think they'd necessarily be looking to "fill a hole" as much as get the BPA...and that'd be McClain.

I dont really like Weatherspoon.
    Hidden Content

A couple of things, Benny.

If they go BAA, how will you know it, given the fact that the kid they chose at #18 likely will play LB, DL, OL, or DB, places where they have "holes?"

At #18, they won't take a slug, although their choice always could be a dud and end up playing like one.

That's what all of our draft discussion is about.

Players like Dan Williams, Mike Iupati, Rolando McClain, Earl Thomas, OTs Campbell or Bulaga, and certainly Haden, all could be the "BAA" but they also would fill Steeler "holes."

About the only way one can convincingly make the case that they chose a true BAA over "need" is if they took a WR, TE, RB or even a QB where the Steelers seem to have strength.

There may be other distinctions but BAA versus "need" is going to be a tough one to prove, if they choose a position player where we have questionable depth, like DB (CB), OL, ILB,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information