Thread: Polamalu

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Polamalu

Steelers Notebook: Polamalu returns to lineup
    Monday, October 19, 2009
    By Chuck Finder and Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
    Steelers safety Troy Polamalu intercepts a pass against the Cleveland Browns yesterday.

One interception, four tackles and no knee brace.

Not too shabby a return for Troy Polamalu, one week before arguably the greatest quarterback and one of the finest running backs in NFL history visit Heinz Field: Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings.

Polamalu, back after missing 4 1/2 games since the Tennessee season opener because of an MCL sprain in his left knee, pronounced himself "fine" after the Steelers' 27-14 triumph yesterday -- even though he limped off the field following a first-quarter interception off Cleveland wildcat-formation quarterback Joshua Cribbs.

"It wasn't the MCL," explained Polamalu, but it was a pain in the ligaments. "When you have a knee injury and you hit it against the ground, it hurts."

A knee brace wouldn't have helped there, barely 14 minutes into the game. Polamalu shed the device after pregame warm-ups, he cared for it so little.

"I came out in warm-ups in the brace, and it was just too tight," he said. "I couldn't bend my leg at all. I couldn't really run. ... It wasn't going to happen. After I got the knee brace off, it felt pretty good."

He admitted to being "a little cautious" in the early going. But then he stepped in front of receiver Chansi Stuckey on a short out pass to Cribb's right and stymied Cleveland at the Steelers' 12.

"The interception, in my opinion, was the biggest play of the game," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said. "They were in our red zone. He's the greatest player in the league. To have him back is huge."

"I thought it was a good start," coach Mike Tomlin said. "I think how he feels [Monday] will be critical as we move forward, but good to see him back out there. Good to see him with the ball in his hands."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09292...#ixzz0USfVYPGB

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Polamalu

We should get some more information on Troy today in the presser...hopefully it's all good and he gets better through the season. The bye week should definitely help the healing process. We need this guy for the long haul, in particular against the Rats!

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Polamalu

I'm glad to see he's making his way back, it was tough seeing him sidelined. You could just sense how antsy he was to get back out there.

...and the nightmares of backups missing tackle after tackle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information