Thread: Death threats prompt tighter security for Andrews

sjdrewk

Default Death threats prompt tighter security for Andrews

Death threats prompt tighter security for Andrews

Buzz up!SendSharePrint

AP ESPN reporter Erin Andrews gives a news conference on the sentence of her stalker outside the U.S. District
    Slideshow:ESPN Reporter Erin Andrews
    Sat Apr 3, 4:18 am ET
    LOS ANGELES First she was secretly videotaped in the nude. Now she's receiving death threats. At least a dozen e-mails had been sent to a media outlet threatening ESPN reporter and "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Erin Andrews since September, her attorney Marshall Grossman said.
    The messages discuss the case of Michael David Barrett, who was sentenced last month to 2 1/2 years in federal prison for secretly shooting nude videos of Andrews, her attorney Marshall Grossman said.
    "He refers to Barrett in his e-mail in a way to make clear to us that situation had some influence," Grossman said, but added that the man appeared to have no ties to Barrett.
    DirecTV provided the emails to Andrews' representatives Thursday.
    The e-mails were at first sexual, but the most recent were explicitly violent and "threatened Erin with murder," Grossman said. They also had details about location and method.
    The FBI has been notified, Grossman said. He said the man's identity is known to law enforcement and is believed to live on the East Coast. An e-mail message left for an FBI spokeswoman was not immediately returned.
    Andrews is not yet seeking a restraining order but has asked ABC to beef up its security on "Dancing with the Stars," Grossman said.
    Private security also has been hired to protect Andrews and her family.
    Andrews has no plans of quitting the show.
    "She's not the type to be easily threatened," Grossman said. "She has every intention to meet her obligations."

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Death threats prompt tighter security for Andrews

Jesus!.... I heard this earlier today as well..... Now tell me, is she just not a "magnet" to some of this stuff? First, her video? Then, a stalker, where she claimed she was fearful in her own home? ... Now this?....

.... Guys, she AIN'T ALL THAT...

Besides, she is a real *****... She was supposed to be on a local sports talk radio station segment a while back, and blew it off. When they tried to call her while "on-air" (the station host, that is), she got all *****y and threatened legal action...

She might be "easy on the eyes", but it seems that she brings alot of this stuff on herself IMO.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Jesus!.... I heard this earlier today as well..... Now tell me, is she just not a "magnet" to some of this stuff? First, her video? Then, a stalker, where she claimed she was fearful in her own home? ... Now this?....

Besides, she is a real *****... She was supposed to be on a local sports talk radio station segment a while back, and blew it off. When they tried to call her while "on-air" (the station host, that is), she got all *****y and threatened legal action...

She might be "easy on the eyes", but it seems that she brings alot of this stuff on herself IMO.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Gotta disagree with ya,brother.Its not like she willingly asked some perv to film her in her hotel room or asked for a stalker.Thats like blaming ESPN for putting her on TV.Even if she is the biggest ***** on the planet(and yes,I do agree there)she didn't ask for this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Gotta disagree with ya,brother.Its not like she willingly asked some perv to film her in her hotel room or asked for a stalker.Thats like blaming ESPN for putting her on TV.Even if she is the biggest ***** on the planet(and yes,I do agree there)she didn't ask for this crap.
    Well, we can agree to disagree.... But after listening to the whole "drama" from her blowing-off the show here... Then listening to her actuall 911 calls when she was *****ing about her "gated community", I just do not have any soft-feeling about it or her... She brings the drama on herself, and I'll bet dollars to donuts that is the case with this as well... Freakin' drama queen to the max.... Oh well....

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Well, we can agree to disagree.... But after listening to the whole "drama" from her blowing-off the show here... Then listening to her actuall 911 calls when she was *****ing about her "gated community", I just do not have any soft-feeling about it or her... She brings the drama on herself, and I'll bet dollars to donuts that is the case with this as well... Freakin' drama queen to the max.... Oh well....
    Well,either way,she looks like the type to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.Sooo,I'd hit it!!

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information