Thread: Opening day what's up?

Threads : 691

Default Opening day what's up?

So,for those of us that aren't lucky enough to be at P.N.C. Park on Monday,what are your plans for opening day? Me,I'm lucky because Monday is my day off. I plan on working in my garden early in the day,then grilling,drinking a few beers and watching the game. I LOVE OPENING DAY!!! It's great to be alive!!!
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Opening day what's up?

... Doing some yardwork in the morning, getting a haircut, finishing a load or 2 of laundry... Then camping-out in front of the tv and watching opening day (yea, I get up early more often than not)... I'll be switching between the Pirates and the Reds, but will be watching both... Reds start at 1:10 and the Buccos at 1:35...

Already got the food lined-up... I'm gonna do "home made" Primanti's sandwiches.... Found a place here in Cincy that makes the sweet slaw just the same way as they do at Primanti's. So gonna actually slice and deep-fry the fries on the spot, hand slice the italian bread, and do the "Capicola & egg" sammich on the grilltop topped with fries and slaw...

A few or multiple beers along the way makes for a great day...

Beyond that, just gonna enjoy opening day from beginning to end...

... I'm really looking forward to it.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... Doing some yardwork in the morning, getting a haircut, finishing a load or 2 of laundry... Then camping-out in front of the tv and watching opening day (yea, I get up early more often than not)... I'll be switching between the Pirates and the Reds, but will be watching both... Reds start at 1:10 and the Buccos at 1:35...

Already got the food lined-up... I'm gonna do "home made" Primanti's sandwiches.... Found a place here in Cincy that makes the sweet slaw just the same way as they do at Primanti's. So gonna actually slice and deep-fry the fries on the spot, hand slice the italian bread, and do the "Capicola & egg" sammich on the grilltop topped with fries and slaw...

A few or multiple beers along the way makes for a great day...

Beyond that, just gonna enjoy opening day from beginning to end...

... I'm really looking forward to it.
    I admire your dedication with the duplication of the Primanti's sandwiches. That is awesome.

Unfortunately, for me, I have to work, so, that is the bad news. The good news is that I work from home, so, I'll have my laptop on, but, will be watching the opener and enjoying a few beers while doing so.......can't wait. I'm actually anxious to watch the Red Sox-Yankees tonight. I love opening day !!!!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Menudo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I admire your dedication with the duplication of the Primanti's sandwiches. That is awesome.

Unfortunately, for me, I have to work, so, that is the bad news. The good news is that I work from home, so, I'll have my laptop on, but, will be watching the opener and enjoying a few beers while doing so.......can't wait. I'm actually anxious to watch the Red Sox-Yankees tonight. I love opening day !!!!
    Thanx... If you like cooking at all, please check out the "Whotchinz Cookin?" thread that is stickied over in the Beer Garden...

I just hope that Directv is offering their free "preview" of the baseball package, otherwise I won't get the Buccos game... Like you, I love opening day... It's always full of optimisim and and potential...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Depending on how the weather goes (might rain) I got myself a big *** steak from the store last week while doing my Easter shopping. I marinated it last night with a mixture of a special teriyaki sauce you can only get down in the Strip District in Pittsburgh and a full bottle of Tuscan Romano Basil dressing. Around 12:45pm, I'm going to throw it on the grill, cook it on low and let the juices stay in there... and drink some beer of course. I'm trying to finish up most of my work for the day for the Game Day Thread
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information