Thread: Greetings Everybody

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Greetings Everybody

Just wanted to take my time to introduce myself to the group here. I've been reading for a bit and finally decided to sign-on and start contributing to the board.

I've been a die-hard Steelers & Pirates fan since birth. I often joke that I was born yellow and black, since I had dark black hair and an extreme case of yellow jaundice. I get my passion for sports, particularly the Steelers, Pirates, & Nittany Lions football from my Dad. He and I shared so many great stories surrounding sports, that it would take me hours and hours to share them all. My Dad passed away in 2005, months prior to the Steelers winning Super Bowl XL. I still believe he had something to do with it. In the late 80's, early 90's I added the Penguins to my sports obsession. I've really gotten into following the Penguins, and last year was awesome, with the Steelers & Penguins both bringing home titles. I'm 35, so, I was a bit too young to have anything but brief memories of 1979. Unfortunately, when I started really getting into was the early 80's, when Lambert was hurt, Franco was always heading out of bounds, and Noll was finishing up his career. However, my Dad made sure I knew about their greatness. I look forward to sharing similar moments with my son through the years. The only areas that my fandom strays from the Burgh is in college sports. I grew up 25 minutes from Beaver Stadium, so, I'm a Penn State fan in all college sports. I'm not a real big NBA fan, but, still follow, and I adopted the Utah Jazz growing up, because I had a lot of admiration for John Stockton & Karl Malone.

It's basically one thing to another for me. I'm a big wrestling fan as well, and follow high school and college wrestling. I wrestled in high school, as well as playing football and baseball. I ended up playing Linebacker at a Division III college in Central PA.

Sorry for the book, but, I just wanted to let you know who I am, and hopefully I'll begin to learn who you are.
    Last edited by Menudo; Apr-04-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Update

Threads : 691

Default Re: Greetings Everybody

Welcome.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Greetings Everybody

Very nice introduction, Menudo... Welcome to the board, and I hope you like it here!...

Like you, I garnered most of my love of Pittsburgh sports teams from my father... Come the months of August and September, and into the fall, you'll find that I am one of the resident "college football addicts"... Due to lots of traveling at work, I actually root for quite a few teams... Obviously, the Steelers are my #1 pro sports franchise (hence the username... I live in Northern Kentucky for my job, about 15 minutes south of Cincinnati)... I have many fond memories of my father taking me to countless Pens games as well... I had pretty much stayed-out of the baseball discussions over the recent years, but thanks to Kipper, there is a renewed interest in the Buccos this season.

... Anyway, kick your feet up, and enjoy the board!... Glad you found us!...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information