Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lolley's Mock.... For now.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Lolley's Mock.... For now.

Monday, April 05, 2010
    First stab at a mock draft

Now that we're in April, my thoughts turn completely to the NFL draft and that means it's time to start mock drafting.

Here's my first stab. It will change as more information pours in and teams continue to jockey around with their rosters - such as the McNabb trade and Bulger release.

But here we go:

1. St. Louis, Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

2. Detroit, Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay, Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

4. Washington, Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - The McNabb trade assures the top four picks come from the Big 12

5. Kansas City, Brian Baluga, OT, Iowa - Eric Berry is very tempting here, but the Kansas City braintrust comes from New England, where they think safeties and corners can be had in later rounds.

6. Seattle, C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

7. Cleveland, Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

8. Oakland, Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma - The third Sooner to go in the top 10.

9. Buffalo, Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

10. Jacksonville, Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - Even though they already signed Aaron Kampman to a big deal, the Jags need to pump up a pass rush that was dead last in 2009.

11. Denver, Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

12. Miami, Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

13. San Francisco, Joe Haden, CB, Florida

14. Seattle, Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

15. N.Y. Giants, Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

16. Tennessee, Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

17. San Francisco, Anthony Thomas, OT, Rutgers

18. Pittsburgh, Earl Thomas, S, Texas - The Steelers would probably prefer that Iupati fall to them, but that just hasnít been the way the draft has worked out for them in recent years.

19. Atlanta, Sean Weatherspoon, LB. Missouri

20. Houston, Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State

21. Cincinnati, Taylor Mays, S, USC

22. New England, Brandon Graham, DE/LB, Michigan

23. Green Bay, Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

24. Philadelphia, Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

25. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - Todd Heap isnít getting any younger and has always had problems staying healthy.

26. Arizona, Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas

27. Dallas, Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

28. San Diego, Terrance Cody, DT, Alabama - Itís too early for the Chargers to take an every-down running back and they need help at NT.

29. N.Y. Jets, Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

30. Minnesota, Jahvid Best, RB, California

31. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida - Jeff Saturday will be 35 in a couple of months.

32. New Orleans, Everson Griffen, DE, USC

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 413

Default Re: Lolley's Mock.... For now.

Bleacher Report has it's version and the shocker is we take a QB in the 1st.

Colt McCoy
    The key to this pick is that I am not assuming any draft-day trades in my mock; I think the Steelers will take a quarterback as a safety because of Ben Roethlisberger's issues off the field, and think the Steelers will try to trade down to get McCoy at a more appropriate place (early second).

I don't see an appropriate player on the defensive side of the ball to add to their scheme, and don't see a lineman they'd be thrilled to jump on here. Dan Williams would make great sense if they didn't have bulk at DT already.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...edition#page/1

Threads : 277

If Iupati is gone, the only "shocker" for me, is if the Steeler take Pouncey at #18 rather than Thomas or Dan Williams (assuming both are there).

I can make the case that Pouncey, since he plays Center, can meet our team needs faster, but Iupati is a road grader and Thomas is a "ball hawk," who also can play either safety spot, assuming they want him to play CB.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Iupati is gone, the only "shocker" for me, is if the Steeler take Pouncey at #18 rather than Thomas or Dan Williams (assuming both are there).

I can make the case that Pouncey, since he plays Center, can meet our team needs faster, but Iupati is a road grader and Thomas is a "ball hawk," who also can play either safety spot, assuming they want him to play CB.
    I am baffled by the fact that we're talking about taking a G and C in the top 20 picks!
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 122

If we take a G or a C in the first round at all that bastard better ****ing start year one no questions asked.

I will say the same thing about an OT as well.......

Threads : 135

One of the top offensive tackles would have to fall...and I do not mean Bruce Campbell...his game film really isn't that good.

If Okung, Bulaga, or Davis falls then, if they are the BPA, the Steelers should take them...that's how you build a good team/OL.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If we take a G or a C in the first round at all that bastard better ****ing start year one no questions asked.
    I completely agree but I'd like to see our top pick be immediate impact anyway. The Steelers rarely do this tho. I want to see 1 and 2 be defense but I really don't follow college close enough to know what's up. Anyway I am not sure the BPA has really worked out for us all that well I think we might as well take players that we NEED.

sjdrewk

What round do you guys think our team should start looking for a Rb preferably a tough nosed short yardage rb? And more specifically where do you guys see Gerhart going in the draft? I think we should look for a rb like Gerhart. He would fit our team and fit a real need.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    What round do you guys think our team should start looking for a Rb preferably a tough nosed short yardage rb? And more specifically where do you guys see Gerhart going in the draft? I think we should look for a rb like Gerhart. He would fit our team and fit a real need.
    I still think we have that guy in Redman but they will defo have to pull a RB at some point. I'd say look for a diamond in the middle of the draft somewhere. You need youth at RB tho and we will have that with out a doubt. **** having all these washed up guys like the Skins. Stillers are doing the right thing there imo.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    I still think we have that guy in Redman but they will defo have to pull a RB at some point. I'd say look for a diamond in the middle of the draft somewhere. You need youth at RB tho and we will have that with out a doubt. **** having all these washed up guys like the Skins. Stillers are doing the right thing there imo.
    I agree. This is the perfect time to move on- get some young rb's in here to work in with MM and Mendy- if Redman works out then all the better but I definitely want to add another rb through the draft and a blocking fb from somewhere.

Threads : 29

It's possible they could trade down a few spots, take Pouncey and then use the additional pick(s) to move up and grab the CB they like. Say McCourty at like #35 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Agree with you Beezy. I think Redman & Frank the Tank could be short yardage RB options. I would target a good 'all around' RB that can be incorporated into the passing game too. There are a boatload of the smaller speedy backs this year. Would look for one in the 3rd or 4th round. Not some late round flyer.

I think the only positions on the team a first round pick could possibly start this year is CB, Nickel, or somewhere on the OL. Other than that, would probably take injury to get on the field and DL would go with an inferior athlete that knows the defense over a superior athlete that would get lost at times.

Threads : 40

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Monday, April 05, 2010
    First stab at a mock draft18. Pittsburgh, Earl Thomas, S, Texas - The Steelers would probably prefer that Iupati fall to them, but that just hasnít been the way the draft has worked out for them in recent years.
    this is what i'm hoping for. thomas can play safety or corner, and we need both. he would most likely play corner, though.

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    I am baffled by the fact that we're talking about taking a G and C in the top 20 picks!
    Exactly!!!!!!!This is quite ridiculous if you ask me.We DO NOT need an OL with the first pick.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information