Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall officially replaces Parker

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Mendenhall officially replaces Parker

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, with the success of Mendy thus far, I think it's a safe bet we won't be seeing him (Parker) in the black-n-gold next season...

LVG, I agree completely that they are two different situations. I just think that any player should be healthy (or as close to it) before hitting the field... Granted Troy is different, but I just about threw-up when he hobbled off last week... As for Parker, if we can get any use out of him this year, great... Then "so long, sucker"...
    Im not ready to crown Mendenhall has anything yet. I just think he's better than Parker...but then again so would just about anyone. I dont think Willie Parker "lost it"...I am not sure he ever HAD it. Furthermore, I think that Willie Parker is as much a breakaway back now as he was before...the problem is that he's lost his mind. He doesn't run at all...attempting to get onto America's Best Dance Crew while in the backfield in the NFL isn't going to be successful even if you are completely healthy and haven't lost your ability.

I still think the Steelers should either draft or sign another RB...OR see what they have in Redman...b/c I again am not sure what to think about Mendenhall yet.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    Hey...

They bench Parker for Mendy this season and he may be cheap to re-sign.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Well, with the success of Mendy thus far, I think it's a safe bet we won't be seeing him (Parker) in the black-n-gold next season...

LVG, I agree completely that they are two different situations. I just think that any player should be healthy (or as close to it) before hitting the field... Granted Troy is different, but I just about threw-up when he hobbled off last week... As for Parker, if we can get any use out of him this year, great... Then "so long, sucker"...

I agree. Watching Troy grab his knee after the interception was something I didn't want to see. I even thought to myself after the play if Troy isn't 100% why is he out there. Then I thought to myself. Troy would not be out there if he knew he would do further damage to him or the team. I do not feel the same way about Willie. I think he is a "me" first guy now that their is competition at the RB position.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Im not ready to crown Mendenhall has anything yet. I just think he's better than Parker...but then again so would just about anyone. I dont think Willie Parker "lost it"...I am not sure he ever HAD it. Furthermore, I think that Willie Parker is as much a breakaway back now as he was before...the problem is that he's lost his mind. He doesn't run at all...attempting to get onto America's Best Dance Crew while in the backfield in the NFL isn't going to be successful even if you are completely healthy and haven't lost your ability.

I still think the Steelers should either draft or sign another RB...OR see what they have in Redman...b/c I again am not sure what to think about Mendenhall yet.
    Benny where have you've been the last two years while I said these same exact things? I try saying these things over at the Planet and they are ready to crucify me. I have never seen a collection of homers in my life. It's sad when they only see Black and Gold and not the loser in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    I agree. Watching Troy grab his knee after the interception was something I didn't want to see. I even thought to myself after the play if Troy isn't 100% why is he out there. Then I thought to myself. Troy would not be out there if he knew he would do further damage to him or the team. I do not feel the same way about Willie. I think he is a "me" first guy now that their is competition at the RB position.
    I lost it with Parker's excuses and constantly saying they weren't giving him the ball enough when he couldn't do **** with it when they did...all enroute to a SB...wow...what a loser team for not giving YOU the ball as the TEAM won a SB.

Troy...I agree...I dont think he'd hurt the team or himself for nothing. I think he truly thinks he can play and be ok. What this HAS proven to me, though, is that we need to get TWO safeties...b/c who knows if Clark is going to be resigned and even if he is...we need backups b/c right now we will get torn apart if either of our safeties go out.
    Hidden Content

Benny where have you've been the last two years while I said these same exact things? I try saying these things over at the Planet and they are ready to crucify me. I have never seen a collection of homers in my life. It's sad when they only see Black and Gold and not the loser in the starting lineup.
    I do not even know if I have posted on the Planet in the last year.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    Hey...

They bench Parker for Mendy this season and he may be cheap to re-sign.
    If we sign Parker.

If we sign Parker.

Yeah...I would not even really mind it if they cut him now and brought up Redman to see what he can do. I cant stand the man any longer.
    Hidden Content

Ya know...Parker might have actually won some points in my book if he'd come out and said..."Man mendenhall has played great since I have gone down...and unfortunately I didn't play so great at the beginning of the season. I am really happy that our team is productive on the ground again and once I am fully healthy I would really like to EARN my job back...but right now its clear who is the healthier and more productive back...and I give Rashard all the credit in the world"...instead he sounds like a slobbering lunatic.
    Hidden Content

I lost it with Parker's excuses and constantly saying they weren't giving him the ball enough when he couldn't do **** with it when they did...all enroute to a SB...wow...what a loser team for not giving YOU the ball as the TEAM won a SB.

Troy...I agree...I dont think he'd hurt the team or himself for nothing. I think he truly thinks he can play and be ok. What this HAS proven to me, though, is that we need to get TWO safeties...b/c who knows if Clark is going to be resigned and even if he is...we need backups b/c right now we will get torn apart if either of our safeties go out.
    I hope we resign Clark he is a great compliment to Troy. Just in case, we can probably start looking at drafting a free safety in round 1 or 2 since the OL doesn't look nearly as inept with Mendy in the lineup the way they did when Willie was in the lineup.

Ya know...Parker might have actually won some points in my book if he'd come out and said..."Man mendenhall has played great since I have gone down...and unfortunately I didn't play so great at the beginning of the season. I am really happy that our team is productive on the ground again and once I am fully healthy I would really like to EARN my job back...but right now its clear who is the healthier and more productive back...and I give Rashard all the credit in the world"...instead he sounds like a slobbering lunatic.
    Has Parker ever come out and gave props to another running back? He is lucky we have never brought in a decent running back sooner. He would probably be making stupid statements from his sofa instead of the Steelers complex.

Has Parker ever come out and gave props to another running back? He is lucky we have never brought in a decent running back sooner. He would probably be making stupid statements from his sofa instead of the Steelers complex.
    I've just had it with him.
    Hidden Content

I hope we resign Clark he is a great compliment to Troy. Just in case, we can probably start looking at drafting a free safety in round 1 or 2 since the OL doesn't look nearly as inept with Mendy in the lineup the way they did when Willie was in the lineup.
    Definitely need to draft a Safety, DL, OL, and another RB.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely need to draft a Safety, DL, OL, and another RB.
    Ahhh.... I knew the draft talk would start soon once you joined....

... Rest assured that there WILL be a dedicated "draft" forum for all you draftnik guys...

Seriously though, I agree with the above listed needs.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 10

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information