Thread: Got myself a new toy...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Got myself a new toy...

... Actually, it was a birthday gift.

I've grown tired dragging the extention chord out across the lawn for the edger and blower... So now I have this "new fangled" model (Ryobi) that has interchangable components.

... It's a weedeater, edger, and blower considering which attachment is connected...

My question is this: Does anyone have this model? And if so, what is your evaluation of it?.... I haven't used it yet, and due to my work schedule, I won't use it for about 2 weeks.... Just wondering if anyone had any insight to it.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 82

Default Re: Got myself a new toy...

That my friend is not a toy don't let your wife pull that one on you. My wife says the same **** every time I get new tools. Sure I like to have the right tools for the job but that is just to make the WORK easier. If you really have that much fun in the yard you are welcome to come do my yard to, it's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That my friend is not a toy don't let your wife pull that one on you. My wife says the same **** every time I get new tools. Sure I like to have the right tools for the job but that is just to make the WORK easier. If you really have that much fun in the yard you are welcome to come do my yard to, it's up to you.
    ... LoL!.... Actually, with the **** that is going on with my mom and her ALS disease, it is rather "therapudic" for me to cut the **** outta things.....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    ... LoL!.... Actually, with the **** that is going on with my mom and her ALS disease, it is rather "therapudic" for me to cut the **** outta things.....
    You can go to town on the neighbors rose of sharon patch. I could borrow a chain saw it's no problem.

You can go to town on the neighbors rose of sharon patch. I could borrow a chain saw it's no problem.
    ... I killed their rose of sharon with gassoline during a drunken stint over the winter because it was encroaching on my property...

.... Uhhh.... No kidding..... Ask those that know me....

... I killed their rose of sharon with gassoline during a drunken stint over the winter because it was encroaching on my property...

Oh you have the same problem??? I took out some of it before these guys moved in but it gets insane in the summer, it shades my entire back yard... not that my back yard is big or anything but jeezuz those things are evil.

Oh you have the same problem??? I took out some of it before these guys moved in but it gets insane in the summer, it shades my entire back yard... not that my back yard is big or anything but jeezuz those things are evil.
    ... Bug sprayer loaded with gasoline.... Works like a charm....

... Bug sprayer loaded with gasoline.... Works like a charm....
    Soo... did you actually light them on fire or just the gas alone does the trick? This is good stuff here.

Soo... did you actually light them on fire or just the gas alone does the trick? This is good stuff here.
    ... Coated with gas to kill the growth that ****ed me off, at the roots... Last time I lighted any gas stuff I blew the mole holes 10 feet in the air.... (well, maybe not 10 feet, but it blew the **** outta them...)... Not pretty at all.... I was scared.
    Last edited by Palmetto Steel; Apr-07-2010 at 10:22 PM.

... Coated with gas to kill the growth that ****ed me off, at the roots... Last time I lighted any gas stuff I blew the mole holes 10 feet in the air.... (well, maybe not 10 feet, but it blew the **** outta them...)... Not pretty at all.... I was scared.
    I can just see moles flying up in the air like rocket ships. My wife says you can use salt, that doesn't sound like as much fun to me idk. I guess I have to think about the little kiddos running around.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

****... I would encourage my neighbors to plant rose of sharons shrubs along the property border even if it encroached so that I don't have to see their dumb, stupid faces I hate my neighbors by the way. My neighbors on the other side took off for Florida last year, have a killer pad down there that I visited last year while on vacation.. they're doing me a favor letting the house go into foreclosure and taking a 2-3 year credit hit that won't mean much....

so, I cut the grass, weedwack and edge next door and use their driveway to maintain the house so my property doesn't look like ****... Now the neighbors on my other side bunch of **** ghetto hoopies. I almost was going to splurge and spend about $700 a couple years ago for hybrid versions of Leyland Cypresses and plant them along the border. Stay green all year, grow at least 3 feet per year, no trimming and maintainence neccessary.

I just kept finding better things to spend my money on. Plus, I'll be moving in a few years anyways. I like to spend money on and plant things I can take with me unless they are super cheap like the Maples I planted on the front street to improve the curb appeal. Paid like $20 bucks apiece for 2 of them at Big Lots 3 years ago figuring if they don't take, it's $40 bucks. **** things have already grown a good 10-15 feet. They were about 6 foot tall and twig like when I bought them.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just realized I hijacked NKy's thread...

I talked to NKy on the phone about his new toys. I have a weedwacker with the same capabilities, you can take off the bottom and by additional components for like $50-75 bucks. Unless someone gets the components for me on my birthday I have a hard time letting go of a perfectly working edger and such even if it requires me to pull out the extension chords
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information