Thread: Pa. celebrity boxing promoter accused of fight fix

sjdrewk

Default Pa. celebrity boxing promoter accused of fight fix

Pa. celebrity boxing promoter accused of fight fix

Buzz up!0 votes
    Send Share Print
    Play VideoCelebrity Video:Pa. Celebrity Boxing Promoter Accused Of Fight Fix CBS 3 Philadelphia
    Play VideoCelebrity Video:Metal stars rock Golden Gods AP
    Play VideoCelebrity Video:One-on-one with Oprah Winfrey WCNC Charlotte
    By PETER JACKSON, Associated Press Writer 1 hr 28 mins ago
    HARRISBURG, Pa. A celebrity boxing promoter has been charged with fixing fights and not having a license when he staged a bout between "Partridge Family" television star Danny Bonaduce and a comedian from the Howard Stern show.
    Damon Feldman, who operates the Celebrity Boxing Federation, is charged with six counts of staging prohibited competitions without holding a promoter's license from the State Athletic Commission and six counts of rigging fights at those events during a 16-month period that ended in December, state Attorney General Tom Corbett said.
    "The only thing that appears to be real about any of these events is the money that went into Mr. Feldman's pocket and the media attention that he received," Corbett said Friday.
    Feldman's events, held in the Philadelphia area, included a highly publicized 2008 fight between Bonaduce and Stern show comic the Reverend Bob Levy. The rigging charges aren't specific and don't necessarily involve that fight.
    Feldman didn't dispute the allegations but contended he's the victim of a state boxing law that's tailored for professional boxing something he says his events definitely aren't. He acknowledged results of some bouts were predetermined but said they're akin to pro wrestling, not professional boxing.
    "It's entertainment," Feldman said in a telephone interview Friday. "I don't fix fights. Fixing fights in pro boxing is illegal. I classify myself as 100 percent entertainment."
    Feldman, a Delaware County resident, was arraigned Wednesday and is free on $50,000 unsecured bail, but he's barred from staging any events in Pennsylvania as a condition of his release.
    The criminal complaint says the celebrity boxing events featured "tough guy" techniques that combine boxing with martial arts, wrestling, kicking and choking, banned in Pennsylvania, and lacked health and safety protections for the fighters.
    State agents saw boxers not receiving prompt medical attention after being knocked out, the absence of doctors at ringside to tend to injured fighters and out-of-shape contestants dangerously matched against fighters with superior skills, said Corbett, who's running for the Republican nomination for governor.
    Feldman said he's no different than World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon. He contends his faux fights are all in fun and he shouldn't be subject to restrictions of the State Athletic Commission, which licenses and regulates sporting events such as pro boxing, mixed martial arts, kickboxing and wrestling.
    "It's to the point where there's no chance of anybody getting really hurt. It's entertainment," Feldman said. "Everyone's told, and they have to sign a paper beforehand, knowing they have to do it as entertainment or we can't let them do the matches. The worst thing that ever happened at my events was a bloody nose."
    ___
    Associated Press writer Dan Gelston contributed to this report.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pa. celebrity boxing promoter accused of fight fix

Holy ****!!Is that Jose Canseco covered in tattoos??

sjdrewk

lol yeh scary tatto t-shirt! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol yeh scary tatto t-shirt! Haha!
    What a retard.

sjdrewk

Canseco is an *** or used to be....did I tell you about my friend meeting him at Great America in Santa Clara when he was married to Esther and played for the A's during the 1980's?

Canseco is an *** or used to be....did I tell you about my friend meeting him at Great America in Santa Clara when he was married to Esther and played for the A's during the 1980's?
    No,but Esther was one scary chick.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    No,but Esther was one scary chick.
    Really? I thought I might have told you...oh well....Lol, my friend Shawn(you can see him on my friends list on facebook) had a job at Marriot's Great America out here back in the late 80's and he was and is a huge A's fan and who came up to his line but Esther and Jose Canseco and his brother Ozzie....if I remember correctly because I wasn't there, Shawn said: " Hi Mr. Canseco, I am an A's fan and a big fan of yours." and extended his hand to Canseco and by Shawn's account, Jose just looked at Shawn's hand like it was a piece of crap. You know after this incident happened Shawn told me that he met Esther, Jose and Ozzie at Great America and I said to him that he had to be the happiest guy in the world to meet your favorite player on the A's...he said" No Jose is a ****ing dick!"

lol

....at the time Canseco was like the biggest baseball star in the world. My point is for my friend Shawn to say his favorite player on his favorite to was a dick then Jose must be a real *******! lol
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Really? I thought I might have told you...oh well....Lol, my friend Shawn(you can see him on my friends list on facebook) had a job at Marriot's Great America out here back in the late 80's and he was and is a huge A's fan and who came up to his line but Esther and Jose Canseco and his brother Ozzie....if I remember correctly because I wasn't there, Shawn said: " Hi Mr. Canseco, I am an A's fan and a big fan of yours." and extended his hand to Canseco and by Shawn's account, Jose just looked at Shawn's hand like it was a piece of crap. You know after this incident happened Shawn told me that he met Esther, Jose and Ozzie at Great America and I said to him that he had to be the happiest guy in the world to meet your favorite player on the A's...he said" No Jose is a ****ing dick!"

lol

....at the time Canseco was like the biggest baseball star in the world. My point is for my friend Shawn to say his favorite player on his favorite to was a dick then Jose must be a real *******! lol
    Yeah,no ****.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information