Thread: OT: Golfers Please View This....

Threads : 122

Default OT: Golfers Please View This....

Sorry to throw this up here Admins but I think this is the only area I can get quick views to get some quick opinions. I have 36 minutes to decide if I want to up my bid on Ebay for a new-used set of golf clubs. I am currently bidding on some Ping Zing Black Dot Irons (3 through PW) and am wondering if
    A) have any of you played these irons and how do they play.....
    B) are they worth bidding up into the mid 200's on for the set of complete irons.....Bidding is currently at 202.50 and I am unsure how high i should go.....

PLEASE help with some very quick opinions from you golfers out there! I need new irons but am looking for a deal on ebay......don't want to overpay....I have read good things about these irons being good for mediocre golfers.....

sjdrewk

Default Re: OT: Golfers Please View This....

What are the shipping costs? DO you play with fitted clubs now? Do you plan on taking this set in and getting them fitted? Is this set you are preparing to buy off ebay an upgrade from your current set or just different from the set you have now?

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the shipping costs? DO you play with fitted clubs now? Do you plan on taking this set in and getting them fitted? Is this set you are preparing to buy off ebay an upgrade from your current set or just different from the set you have now?
    shipping is only 15 bucks. I had a horribly crappy mismatch set and lost 2 clubs in one day last summer so now i have no clubs. The set I had before wasn't fitted and I don't think I woudl be getting this set fitted. I read the Ping Zing Black Dots were awesome and very forgiving for novice golfers which I woudl consider myself pretty mediocre. Some days on the course I hit in the high 80's but on bad days can be near 100....

24 MINUTES LEFT!

sjdrewk

Shooting in the 80's isn't too shabby....umm, about the Ping's, can't say I have ever used them but their rep is top of the line. Its the price that makes me shy away. For 215 there are all kinds of sales for brand new full sets of golf clubs. WE have Sportsauthority out here and they can't even give away sets so there are all kinds of sales on all kinds of brands. If you look thoroughly, you can get a great deal.....but if you have your heart set on those Pings then brother, then grab them that is a great brand!....whatever makes you happy! Go for it!

I go golfing a decent amount but don't really know anything about the equipment. Is there a ton of variation in the length's etc. of clubs that I should worry about getting a set off ebay and then feeling horribly uncomfortable with them?

12 Minutes! They are sitting there at 202.50.......UGHHHHH

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I go golfing a decent amount but don't really know anything about the equipment. Is there a ton of variation in the length's etc. of clubs that I should worry about getting a set off ebay and then feeling horribly uncomfortable with them?

12 Minutes! They are sitting there at 202.50.......UGHHHHH
    Yeah, that's the problem with buying them off bay , sight unseen. You are better off going to a local sporting goods store, trying them out anf then if you want to be savvy, write down the models that you tried and then buying them off the internet that way.With golf club sets, it's really a crap shoot to just buy them without feeling them in your hands....then if you buy them and they don't feel right, you will probably end up paying even more to get them fitted at your local pro shop and it'll end up costing more.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem with buying them off bay , sight unseen. You are better off going to a local sporting goods store, trying them out anf then if you want to be savvy, write down the models that you tried and then buying them off the internet that way.With golf club sets, it's really a crap shoot to just buy them without feeling them in your hands....then if you buy them and they don't feel right, you will probably end up paying even more to get them fitted at your local pro shop and it'll end up costing more.
    Took your advice. They ended up going for 250 bucks. Dropping that much loot I would rather go to a professional store than risk it on ebay. Sorry for throwing this up there in the Steelers section.....just needed soem quick input to make a decision. Feel free to delete the thread. Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts.....

sjdrewk

Hey, its no problem , bro....sorry you didn't buy the Pings,they are great clubs but you may have saved some money....take your time and buy the right clubs for you....it'll save you some time, headache and money in the long run and you'll be more happy with your game.

No need to delete this thread, I'll move it.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information