Thread: Will they ever learn ?

Threads : 60

Default Will they ever learn ?

Do you think Ben, Santonio or Reed will ever learn their lesson ?

Whether Ben or Santonio are found guilty or not, will they ever live smart enough not to get into these messes again ?

Threads : 40

Default Re: Will they ever learn ?

probably not. all three are repeat offenders, of, if nothing else, being stupid.

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think Ben, Santonio or Reed will ever learn their lesson ?

Whether Ben or Santonio are found guilty or not, will they ever live smart enough not to get into these messes again ?
    I think Reed & Ben will. Reed was involved in two pretty minor incidents that quite honestly I don't find to be huge deals. He got ****ed he washed his hands when he was drunk and probably kicked a paper towel dispenser and told a Sheetz worker they were lazy and should check the crapper for paper towels. He then got out and was trying to help out Spaeth who was the real cause of the problem before and probably was trying to smooth talk some hardass cops and fakely put up his dukes when the cop tried to tough guy him and then it is written up as Reed is out of control on a rampage again.

Regarding Ben, I think truly the first incident with the Reno chick is complete and utter horse**** and have no idea how that charade wasn't dropped long ago. There a ****ing emails she sent stating, supposedly after out boy raped her in his hotel room after luring her there that she was going to have a mini Roethlisberger and was going to move to Pittsburgh to be his girlfriend. What stupid ***** in their right mind would even joke about somethign like that regarding a person that supposedly raped them? Throw in her stating that she was in therapy and lost her job due to Ben when in reality she got duped by some *******s wife because the ******* was banging the ugly broad. That first incident is crap.

And really, the only thing I can say Ben did wrong in this incident is let a 20 year old near him. But honestly, he probably just tried to go out with a bunch of friends (cops no less) and it sounded like he didn't exactly get crocked and beyond that, we really have no idea what the hell happened other than the chick said he did somethign in a bathroom. Nobody can say what for sure or even if he did indeed go in a bathroom with the chick. For all we know she said she had to puke, he went in to hold her hair and she ran out saying he did 'something' that resulted in no DNA....so obviously he didn't pop his wad in any orifice or even near her as it could of been on her clothes. So he was dumb for letting some chick into his posse that night. Can't say if I had a few beers for my 28th birthday, single, rich, superbowl winning QB or not, that I wouldn't be looking for a little poon-tang.....can you guys say that? Probably a dumb move when he could of very easily hopped on a private plane with his boys and headed to LA to get ****ty in some hip club and banged C list celebs all night but maybe he honestly doesn't like being in the media and in his mind maybe he thought LA, hotspot for paparazzi or bodunk little hick town......never know what he though. Some chicks are dangerous animals when they smell fame and money.

Threads : 122

To add to my post above, I also think that some police today are looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Back in the day, they would turn a blind eye to things where today, arresting an athlete is like catching the big one. They get interviewed in the papers and their name is put out there which who knows, maybe stuff like arresting someone with a name helps your career. Moves you up the chain of command a little quicker if you do a good job and it is in the papers.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    To add to my post above, I also think that some police today are looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Back in the day, they would turn a blind eye to things where today, arresting an athlete is like catching the big one. They get interviewed in the papers and their name is put out there which who knows, maybe stuff like arresting someone with a name helps your career. Moves you up the chain of command a little quicker if you do a good job and it is in the papers.

You might have something there. For as many cop friends or associates of the police force that I know or deal with, many of them tell me they don't always trust other cops. What I mean is, they'll stab each other in the back for a promotion or just to make another look bad. As far as the cops saying other cops do their jobs well, 99% of them say yes.
    They're human and getting a go getter type cop might consider a high profile person a feather in their cap.
    Personally if I was a cop I would treat everyone the same or at least I'd like to believe that.
    Would I have put the cuffs on Santonio when he had his weed ? Probably not, too much a Steeler fan. Would I have thrown the book at a Patriots, Bengals, Ravens player if they were doing something wrong in our city ? You bet !

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    probably not. all three are repeat offenders, of, if nothing else, being stupid.
    Ben is a repeat offender????

Threads : 40

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    Ben is a repeat offender????
    read the entire quote.

sjdrewk

Yep, when a person does stupid **** over and over again, it means that this person(s) is probably not likely to change their ways.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think something has to be taken into consideration about accusing these players of stupidity. Granted it is easy for us to sit back and condemn and also judge on how they should conduct their lives; however I think you look at intent.

Now if Ben should be found not guilty in all of his charges, both criminal and civil, I think some slack has to be given. We are talking about a young single guy, with some fame and plenty of money, looking for some leg and to have a little fun and live some good times, who happens to maybe pick out the wrong ladies. Now I know I am going to get blasted for this type of thought however he is only acting like a human young male, like we were once, and would likely act the same. However if in someway it is proven that he is truly assaulting these ladies then that is a differnet story and then I excuse him of nothing.

Now Holmes to me is making decisions in some of his matters that beforehand he knows can result in criminal charges, so therefore he is thinking irresponsibly. As minor as some may think about any charges concerning some pot, IT IS STILL ILLEGAL. Most of his issues, he has had the choice to decide what to do or not do and also know the ramifications. I will exclude his last incident from the discussion because there was no intent there.

Threads : 10
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

To add to my post above, I also think that some police today are looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
    Hmmmm, I've yet to see the arresting officers names. Can you provide that information?

Back in the day, they would turn a blind eye to things where today,
    You're right, cops used to walk away from a variety of crimes back in the day. I don't believe that todays cops would do it any different if it weren't for the victim advocates groups that have paraded on Washington DC for the past 20 years. If you must blame someone, you can blame those groups for changing many laws to include "mandatory arrest and incarceration" for certain offenses.

maybe stuff like arresting someone with a name helps your career. Moves you up the chain of command a little quicker if you do a good job and it is in the papers.
    What actually "moves you up the chain of command", #1. Continuing your education. #2. treating all others with respect. #3. Essentially a complaint free personnel file. That's what works around my part of the country.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information