Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, what do you guys think?

sjdrewk

Default Seriously, what do you guys think?

I'm debating whether or not to buy the Extra innings. As most of you know, I love three teams and I want to follow the Phillies and the Pirates closer this year and well, I already get the Giants on FSN out here so basically it would be buying the Extra Innings package for the Phils and the Pirates.....see the thing is, I feel like there is already enough baseball on ESPN, MLBN, TBS, Fox, and WGN that it almost makes it unnecessary to buy the Extra Innnings.... I'd be catching the Phils and the Pirates every so often that way but in order to get all the Pirates and Phillies games of course I would need to get this Extra Innings package-and I haven't been into baseball like I was before the 90s after the lockout in '94. But this is the year I am going to give baseball a full chance. So what do you think? Is it worth it to pay the $200? Thanks.

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Seriously, what do you guys think?

If you have the scratch to get it, and the time to watch it, i know i would. There are fun teams to watch in baseball that arent Sox vs yankees, and its a shame i cant see more of them.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by jleisele58 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have the scratch to get it, and the time to watch it, i know i would. There are fun teams to watch in baseball that arent Sox vs yankees, and its a shame i cant see more of them.
    Thanks so much for giving your opinion...I mean you are so right, it felt like on ESPN and MLBN that during spring training the networks were the Yankee and Red Sox channel....I mean I do enjoy Yanks v. Red Sox but not every game! lol

But you know I have a little money that I can use, and you know what, doing the math, 200 clams seems like a lot of money just for baseball but when you break it down for one team you get 162 games and when you multiply that by 32 teams, that's 5184 mlb games for your 200 dollars(Minus the local team which are blacked out and the nationally televised games on ESPN and MLBN which I have). Seems like a bang for your buck.

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think having the opportunity to be able to check out various marquee matchups or watch a hot rookie is very cool.

sjdrewk

Absolutely, I haven't been exposed to other teams as much as I would like....aamof, I hater to admit it but I don't even know my Pirates that well.....right now the Braves are in town and I got my first chance to watch Atl's Heyward play....he just looks like a superior athlete...dare I say it? He reminds me of a young Aaron or Fred McGriff in stature....the way he swings the bat is scary. Explosive scary power. Vicious, really. If you have an idea of Att park it becomes impossible to hit hrs out of on some nights- He hit an opposite field hr last night that no one else would be able to in that wind. - this is the stuff that makes me want the Extra innings. I barely know the players around the league anymore when I use to eat drink and sleep MLB. I vowed during the last lock out to never come back....just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Threads : 24

I love it. I am watching the end of the Cubs-Reds game as warm-up to the Pirates game later (also checking the Master's). BTW, Tom Gorzelanny is pitching a 1-0 shutout through 6+ innings. He is in great physical shape, and has 7 strikeouts, although he is trouble with one out and bases loaded thanks to the second botched play of the game by Alphonso Soriano in RF...

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by buccoman View Post
    I love it. I am watching the end of the Cubs-Reds game as warm-up to the Pirates game later (also checking the Master's). BTW, Tom Gorzelanny is pitching a 1-0 shutout through 6+ innings. He is in great physical shape, and has 7 strikeouts, although he is trouble with one out and bases loaded thanks to the second botched play of the game by Alphonso Soriano in RF...
    Sweet. I am waiting for the Giants game to start...2 hour rain delay right now. I'm going to look for the Pirates game right now.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Threads : 40
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    I'm debating whether or not to buy the Extra innings. As most of you know, I love three teams and I want to follow the Phillies and the Pirates closer this year and well, I already get the Giants on FSN out here so basically it would be buying the Extra Innings package for the Phils and the Pirates.....see the thing is, I feel like there is already enough baseball on ESPN, MLBN, TBS, Fox, and WGN that it almost makes it unnecessary to buy the Extra Innnings.... I'd be catching the Phils and the Pirates every so often that way but in order to get all the Pirates and Phillies games of course I would need to get this Extra Innings package-and I haven't been into baseball like I was before the 90s after the lockout in '94. But this is the year I am going to give baseball a full chance. So what do you think? Is it worth it to pay the $200? Thanks.
    Only you can answer the question, but hopefully this helps with why I do it. The ability not to be forced to watch Sox Yanks every moment. Too see other players on Teams you never get to see like the Royals star pitcher. Too see an exciting Texas Ranger team you never see like others. The ability to switch and see Adam Laroche strike out at a baseloaded situation. To watch Nate, Nyjer, Gorzo, Snell, Wilson, Bay Sanchez when they move on. That is why I like it, I can judge players and teams based on what I see not the highlites of 4 or 5 different teams ESPN tells me I should watch.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by rbilak View Post
    Only you can answer the question, but hopefully this helps with why I do it. The ability not to be forced to watch Sox Yanks every moment. Too see other players on Teams you never get to see like the Royals star pitcher. Too see an exciting Texas Ranger team you never see like others. The ability to switch and see Adam Laroche strike out at a baseloaded situation. To watch Nate, Nyjer, Gorzo, Snell, Wilson, Bay Sanchez when they move on. That is why I like it, I can judge players and teams based on what I see not the highlites of 4 or 5 different teams ESPN tells me I should watch.

Thanks rbilak, that's a good reason to purchase MLB Extra innings; the freedom of watching a game, team, player of your choosing. I think its a really good deal too when you stop and really think about it.

Threads : 2

I'm debating whether or not to buy the Extra innings
    After watching the Pirates give up 15 runs last night, including 13 in the 4th, I think I'm going to be keeping an eye open in case they bring in a package called 'MLB FEWER INNINGS'

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    After watching the Pirates give up 15 runs last night, including 13 in the 4th, I think I'm going to be keeping an eye open in case they bring in a package called 'MLB FEWER INNINGS'
    Great post!!

Now that there is funny and I don't care who you are. Still LMAO on this one.

Thanks rbilak, that's a good reason to purchase MLB Extra innings; the freedom of watching a game, team, player of your choosing. I think its a really good deal too when you stop and really think about it.
    No problem, it is a helluva deal. I also am not getting paid by them to recommend it either. LOL.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So sad

But sjdrewk, I think it would be a great thing to have! I'd like to keep an eye on the Whitesox and Twins sometimes to see what the Tigers will be up against, but never can. Like someone said, if ya have the monies and the time, go for it!

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by rbilak View Post
    No problem, it is a helluva deal. I also am not getting paid by them to recommend it either. LOL.
    -thanks for the advice, I took everybody's advice and I am now enjoying my first afternoon with the Extra Innings....of course my first day of watching baseball on the x-innings, the Phils are down 4- nil. lol

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information