Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

      
  1. #1
    bleedBnG58's Avatar
    Status : bleedBnG58 is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Moyock, NC but born in da Burgh
    Posts : 2,372
    Threads : 407
    Last Online : Jan-09-2014 @ 06:49 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    I listened to a Pittsburgh radio station today before the MT presser and no one on the station even mentioned Spaeth and any consequences for him and not one reporter brought up his name to MT. WTF? Everyone wants to dog Reed, understandably, but why does Spaeth continue to get a pass?

    Then the knuckleheads didn't like MT's reasoning for allowing Reed to play this week, which I thought was very reasonable from his stand point. They seemed to think since we only have one kicker MT judged him differently than Blunt.

    I disagree and liked MT's reasoning. He said because Blunt's incedent happened late in the week they didn't have the amount of time to investigate it so instead of it being a distraction, he decided to sit him and find out more about it come Monday. Made sense. Player admits pot possession, Rooney's not happy with bad publicity on a players admitted drug use, sit him.

    He said they had time to investigate and talk to everyone involved in Reed's incedent because it happened Sunday, wouldn't create a distraction, and because of how the NFL looks at these things he felt it was proper not to sit Reed.

  2. #2
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Unless I'm mistaken, Spaeth wasn't charged for being resistant.

  3. #3
    bleedBnG58's Avatar
    Status : bleedBnG58 is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Moyock, NC but born in da Burgh
    Posts : 2,372
    Threads : 407
    Last Online : Jan-09-2014 @ 06:49 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless I'm mistaken, Spaeth wasn't charged for being resistant.
    If Reed would have been ticketed for nothing more than ****ing in a parking lot, the media would still have been all over his ***.

    There must be more to Reed's side of the story and Reed's lawyer seems to think so too. Maybe his Dad, who was present, gave the Steelers a different opinion.

    But still why have we heard nothing about or from Spaeth concerning this whole incident? Why did the media lay off of him at MT's presser?

  4. #4
    Bton66's Avatar
    Status : Bton66 is offline
    Rank : 1st Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Other side of the tracks
    Posts : 1,749
    Threads : 70
    Last Online : Sep-07-2016 @ 03:48 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    What did I miss??? I havent heard anything about Spaeth (other than he cant block well)?

  5. #5
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did I miss??? I havent heard anything about Spaeth (other than he cant block well)?
    Small bladder.


  6. #6
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Reed would have been ticketed for nothing more than ****ing in a parking lot, the media would still have been all over his ***.

    There must be more to Reed's side of the story and Reed's lawyer seems to think so too. Maybe his Dad, who was present, gave the Steelers a different opinion.

    But still why have we heard nothing about or from Spaeth concerning this whole incident? Why did the media lay off of him at MT's presser?
    What's the big deal about Spaeth???All he did was **** in a parking lot.Its not like he pulled his dick out and beat the cops with it.

  7. #7
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the big deal about Spaeth???All he did was **** in a parking lot.Its not like he pulled his dick out and beat the cops with it.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8&feature=related[/ame]

  8. #8
    buccoray61's Avatar
    Status : buccoray61 is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 3,885
    Threads : 691
    Last Online : Apr-03-2017 @ 06:56 AM

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    One of the great things about being a guy,the world is your urinal
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

  9. #9
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best scene in the funniest movie of all time.

  10. #10
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the great things about being a guy,the world is your urinal
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Bs1ZZ-7b8[/ame]

    Just the opening piano thing (you can watch the rest, it's classic).

    I sing this to my wife all the time whenever I just decide to stop the car and **** along side the road.

  11. #11
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best scene in the funniest movie of all time.
    Amen to that. I haven't watched in a while, I need to netflix it.

  12. #12
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amen to that. I haven't watched in a while, I need to netflix it.
    Oldie but a goodie.Cleavon Little was hysterical.


    "Where the white women at?"

  13. #13
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Spaeth didn't miss three field goals that lost games.

    That's why he gets a pass from the press.

    TBH, I think Reed has got a bad rap on this from a power hungry cop.

  14. #14
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spaeth didn't miss three field goals that lost games.

    That's why he gets a pass from the press.

    TBH, I think Reed has got a bad rap on this from a power hungry cop.
    Yyyyyyeah, I dunno.

    Skippy's kind of an.... oddball.

  15. #15
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: Why does Spaeth still get a pass?

    Simple Assault?

    there is no such thing as simple assault of a police officer.

    It's assaulting a law enforcement officer.

    So....

    If he didn't hit the cop, who did he hit?

    Seems like no one.

    Here's what I bet happened...

    Skippy jumps out of the car thinking he can get the 'Steeler get out of jail card free' for his buddy because Skippy is recognizable and Spaeth looks like a million other jerk offs taking a ****.

    He says something like "Hey man, did you watch us beat the **** outta the Browns today" and makes some boxing motions.

    Doofus cop is ****ed off because he just found out his wife is ****ing an accountant with a 6 figure income and goes ape **** on Skippy just because he can.

    **** him....

    I hope Skippy sues the city.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •