Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan says he and Mike Goldberg slated for "Aldo vs. Faber" broadcast

Threads : 40

Default Joe Rogan says he and Mike Goldberg slated for "Aldo vs. Faber" broadcast

While "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber" represents World Extreme Cagefighting's first effort on pay-per-view, the broadcast will apparently have a very familiar feel.

Longtime UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan announced today on his Twitter account that he and on-air partner Mike Goldberg will be handling broadcast duties for the April 24 event.

Featuring a heavily anticipated main event between WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and former champ Urijah Faber, WEC 48 takes place at ARCO Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

WEC officials weren't immediately unavailable to confirm the report when contacted by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The move, if official, is the latest news that familiar faces within the UFC will be working closely with the WEC on the organization's first pay-per-view effort to ensure a successful venture.

A recent announcement regarding a forthcoming media call promoting the event indicated that UFC president Dana White while be on the conference line as host of the call. His position was listed as UFC/WEC president. WEC general manger Reed Harris, who generally handles such duties, was not listed as an attendee on the call, though his absence was not explained.

Additionally, the entire April 24 fight card was initially announced as "UFC presents WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber."

Recent re-branding of the event now sees the WEC's website referring to the event solely as "Aldo vs. Faber," and an event listing for the star-studded fight card was today added to the UFC's official website. The event is also referred to solely as "Aldo vs. Faber" on the UFC's website.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Joe Rogan says he and Mike Goldberg slated for "Aldo vs. Faber" broadcast

Frank Mir usually does the WEC so that is kind of strange- oh well I hate Frank Mir but he does a good job on the air and isn't such a prick doing mma broadcasting.

Threads : 40

Default Re: Joe Rogan says he and Mike Goldberg slated for "Aldo vs. Faber" broadcast

frank was priceless when torres got KO'd. he sounded like he was about to hang himself.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    frank was priceless when torres got KO'd. he sounded like he was about to hang himself.
    Yeah, Mir tries to hide his favoritism during announcing events but his friendship towards certain fighters but it leaks out and you can tell. lol

Anyway, great post, thanks for the info....now I can brace myself for Rogan ruining another event.....he is why I no longer order UFC ppvs.

Threads : 11
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats good. I'd prefer Mir and Rogan instead of Goldie.

Can I just put it out there I want this PPV to fail because have enjoyed FREE WEC fights.

Dp
    Last edited by strummer; Apr-15-2010 at 07:37 AM.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by strummer View Post
    Thats good. I'd prefer Mir and Rogan instead of Goldie.

Can I just put it out there I want this PPV to fail because have enjoyed FREE WEC fights.
    me too, but that can turn out to be a double-edged sword...if it fails, then we get free shows but if it does fail that means wec doesn't grow from it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    me too, but that can turn out to be a double-edged sword...if it fails, then we get free shows but if it does fail that means wec doesn't grow from it.
    I don't think WEC wouldn't grow from it failing. I personally think that they are going to lose viewers if they have to pay to watch those fights.

Threads : 7

My God I hate Goldie

I hate how he gazes into Rogans eyes when talking to him.

sjdrewk

I don't think WEC wouldn't grow from it failing. I personally think that they are going to lose viewers if they have to pay to watch those fights.
    Good point. This ppv is an attempt to grab new viewers at the expense of the fans they have now.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

I can't remember, did they announce the PPV when Versus/Direct TV had their spiff? And Versus was off the air?

sjdrewk

I can't remember, did they announce the PPV when Versus/Direct TV had their spiff? And Versus was off the air?
    I think they had maybe two WEC events on versus even after Directv and comcast had their tift about versus....I remember because I have directv and I had to order I think maybe WEC 44, 45, and 46 from a guy I know...maybe not three events but I am fairly sure it was at least two events ago if not three. About 75% sure....but I am not sure when they announced the WEC ppv.

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    WEC won't grow anyway. This won't make them grow. All this will do will take more events off of free TV, which means fewer people watching their stars.

Urijah is their most marketable fighter by far, and now most who watch UFC (for Faber) will be missing a Faber fight. I'm a huge fan, and I'll be watching it on the internet. No way I'm spending money for a ****ing WEC event.

I'm done paying for MMA PPV's of any kind. Not when so many orgs are putting on shows for free. Greedy pieces of ****.

Anyway, if they want WEC to grow, then keep Urijah on free TV. Especially with this fight coming up, which they can hype the **** out of on UFC broadcasts and NHL playoff broadcasts.

I hope the buyrates are embarrassing.

Threads : 7

they will be embarrassing

200,000 tops imo

• Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information