Thread: Manager says Overeem will return

sjdrewk

Default Manager says Overeem will return

You know I never liked this guy. I always thought he was an arrogant prick. But I can't deny that he will fight anyone and always fights the very best. Lately, every time I see him fight, he keeps getting bigger and better. If he continues to do this, he will be unstoppable.
    ===============================================

Manager says Overeem will return
    By Steven Marrocco/MMAWeekly.com
    10 hours, 28 minutes ago
    Buzz up! 0
    Print
    It’s become the topic of the month for Alistair Overeem fans (and foes): when will he come back to the U.S.?

Overeem, the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, has not defended his belt since November of 2007, when he defeated Paul Buentello by TKO at “Four Men Enter, One Man Survives.”

Since Strikeforce’s new deal with Showtime and CBS, the Dutch fighter’s return to American soil seems cursed.

Manager Bas Boon says Overeem signed a three-fight, one-year deal with Strikeforce in January after Overeem defeated Badr Hari in K-1. But an expected return to the promotion in spring was delayed when Overeem injured his hand in a nightclub brawl, leading to the cancellation of two fights in April and June.

Boon claims there were no opportunities for Overeem when his hand healed, leading them to accept an invitation to the K-1 World Grand Prix in late August. Overeem won his fight against kickboxing superstar Peter Aerts, setting up a Dec. 5 fight with Ewertown Teixeira.

Still hungry to fight, Overeem fought on Boon’s Golden Glory show on Oct. 17 and will soon fight in Japan at Dream 12 on Oct. 26, a fight Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker maintains was already booked.

Overeem is also tentatively scheduled for K-1’s New Year’s Eve show against an opponent to be determined.

Coker last month said Overeem would return to action in late February or March, likely against the winner of Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers. Boon says he will honor that timeline.

“Whatever they want, if they want to put Alistair against Fedor, it’s fine, depending on how we can make good terms,” he said. “Obviously, if it was a build-up, there were the first two fights if (Alistair) would win, and then he would go for a bigger fight and the money would be better, but if Fedor challenges him for the title, (Alistair) still has the title and he wants to defend it, it’s not a problem. Then the fight is on.

“I can tell you one thing, man, Alistair’s going to be ready. He’s going to (expletive) Fedor up.”

Boon says he maintains a good relationship with Coker and feels sorry for the delay.

“We’ll be seeing him (in Strikeforce) next year, 100 percent,” said Boon.

For all the latest MMA news, go to MMAWeekly.com

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Manager says Overeem will return

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know I never liked this guy. I always thought he was an arrogant prick. But I can't deny that he will fight anyone and always fights the very best. Lately, every time I see him fight, he keeps getting bigger and better. If he continues to do this, he will be unstoppable.
    ===============================================

Manager says Overeem will return
    By Steven Marrocco/MMAWeekly.com
    10 hours, 28 minutes ago
    Buzz up! 0
    Print
    It’s become the topic of the month for Alistair Overeem fans (and foes): when will he come back to the U.S.?

Overeem, the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, has not defended his belt since November of 2007, when he defeated Paul Buentello by TKO at “Four Men Enter, One Man Survives.”

Since Strikeforce’s new deal with Showtime and CBS, the Dutch fighter’s return to American soil seems cursed.

Manager Bas Boon says Overeem signed a three-fight, one-year deal with Strikeforce in January after Overeem defeated Badr Hari in K-1. But an expected return to the promotion in spring was delayed when Overeem injured his hand in a nightclub brawl, leading to the cancellation of two fights in April and June.

Boon claims there were no opportunities for Overeem when his hand healed, leading them to accept an invitation to the K-1 World Grand Prix in late August. Overeem won his fight against kickboxing superstar Peter Aerts, setting up a Dec. 5 fight with Ewertown Teixeira.

Still hungry to fight, Overeem fought on Boon’s Golden Glory show on Oct. 17 and will soon fight in Japan at Dream 12 on Oct. 26, a fight Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker maintains was already booked.

Overeem is also tentatively scheduled for K-1’s New Year’s Eve show against an opponent to be determined.

Coker last month said Overeem would return to action in late February or March, likely against the winner of Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers. Boon says he will honor that timeline.

“Whatever they want, if they want to put Alistair against Fedor, it’s fine, depending on how we can make good terms,” he said. “Obviously, if it was a build-up, there were the first two fights if (Alistair) would win, and then he would go for a bigger fight and the money would be better, but if Fedor challenges him for the title, (Alistair) still has the title and he wants to defend it, it’s not a problem. Then the fight is on.

[HIGH-LIGHT]“I can tell you one thing, man, Alistair’s going to be ready. He’s going to (expletive) Fedor up.”[/HIGH-LIGHT]

Boon says he maintains a good relationship with Coker and feels sorry for the delay.

“We’ll be seeing him (in Strikeforce) next year, 100 percent,” said Boon.

For all the latest MMA news, go to MMAWeekly.com
    I don't know too much about Overeem but I just wanna say that Fedor has to get past Brett Rogers first
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

sjdrewk

They say anything can and will happen in a fight so you never know but I'm pretty confident that fedor is going to smoke rogers.

They say anything can and will happen in a fight so you never know but I'm pretty confident that fedor is going to smoke rogers.
    Yeah just think back to the other thread. Ryo Chonnan
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

sjdrewk

All I have to do is think Sept. 27th to know **** happens.

All I have to do is think Sept. 27th to know **** happens.
    This is true

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information