Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PPTT (Pittsburgh Pirates Tavern Tour) Tailgate: Who is coming and what are we doing?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default PPTT (Pittsburgh Pirates Tavern Tour) Tailgate: Who is coming and what are we doing?

Well... We lost the whole tailgate thread with the changeover this week, so I'm starting it again...

Here's the listing of folks that committed to tickets.... I'll have 'em with me, so everyone will at least need to stop by to pick them up...

War Machine - 1
    Les - 2
    wvkeeper - 2
    NKy - 2
    Kipper - 2
    buccoray - 1
    Benny - 2
    Beezy - 2
    Cocktails - 2
    jnn - 1
    Geo - 2
    Steelreign - 2
    El Sid - 1
    exNCite - 2

... We need to figure-out WHERE we are gonna tailgate... WHEN we want to start... And WHAT we're gonna cook and WHO is gonna bring whatever....

We still have lots of time, but it wouldn't hurt to get some suggestions rolling...

We will be driving over from Cincy, but can still get there for an early start if that's what everyone wants to do.

I can bring a smaller portable gas grill, but it won't hold-up to all the needs we will have, so someone close-by might be required to bring another.... I also have a 12'x12' canopy if the weather is less than pleasant.

I'm planning on some red curry marinated shrimp for the grill, and probably a "happy hot tub" for some brats....

.... So what does everyone think?..... Suggestions?.... I've never been to PNC Park, so I don't even know the good locations for the tailgate.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Default Re: PPTT (Pittsburgh Pirates Tavern Tour) Tailgate: Who is coming and what are we doi

I know we still have alot of time before the date, but am still lookin' for some good suggestions as to the tailgate....

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PPTT (Pittsburgh Pirates Tavern Tour) Tailgate: Who is coming and what are we doi

How about the same stuff you had at the Bungle Bash??

Or at the college football party??

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about the same stuff you had at the Bungle Bash??

Or at the college football party??

Well, I'll certainally do some of it (told you I'd do some shrimp and brats), but we need some volunteers for some of it, as well as getting some of the cooking tools there.... Do you have ANY IDEA how much of a headache I'd have after driving 4 1/2 hours with that stuff banging/rattling around in the back of my Explorer?....

... We still gotta get some guidance as to WHERE to do it and when to start.... I've never been to the place, so someone with more expertiese needs to chime-in.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Well, I'll certainally do some of it (told you I'd do some shrimp and brats), but we need some volunteers for some of it, as well as getting some of the cooking tools there.... Do you have ANY IDEA how much of a headache I'd have after driving 4 1/2 hours with that stuff banging/rattling around in the back of my Explorer?....

... We still gotta get some guidance as to WHERE to do it and when to start.... I've never been to the place, so someone with more expertiese needs to chime-in.
    I've been there a bunch of times.Its just a huge parking lot.Anywhere would be fine.Do you need me to do/bring anything?

Threads : 413

I've been there a bunch of times.Its just a huge parking lot.Anywhere would be fine.Do you need me to do/bring anything?
    It is a huge parking lot and that's part of the problem. How does everyone find each other? I'd sure hate to ride around not knowing what I was looking for. Seen one tailgating party you've seen most all of them. I really don't want to park on one end and then find the party is at the other. So I think it needs to be narrowed down a bit.

What should I bring also? And by the way, if NKy wants me to keep his chef occupied during the event, I'll gladly accept the invitation.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    It is a huge parking lot and that's part of the problem. How does everyone find each other? I'd sure hate to ride around not knowing what I was looking for. Seen one tailgating party you've seen most all of them. I really don't want to park on one end and then find the party is at the other. So I think it needs to be narrowed down a bit.

What should I bring also? And by the way, if NKy wants me to keep his chef occupied during the event, I'll gladly accept the invitation.
    Usually when I've done these group get togethers down at PNC, we parked near Heinz Field. A little mroe fo a walk to PNC but easier to find. There's been other times too where we've gotten together right in the middle of the thicj of the parking.. People park where they want, get out the cell phones and get navigated to where the Tailgate activity is.

Both seemed to work decently in my experiences, so I'm up for either. I'vegot no issues walking from Heinz to PNC, but someone else might
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Judging by how well the Buccos are playing,I don't think ANYONE will have any problem finding each other.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Judging by how well the Buccos are playing,I don't think ANYONE will have any problem finding each other.
    2 game winning streak!!!

Despite how dreadfully bad this team has looked in just about every aspect of the game of baseball... 12-15 ... 3 games under .500 on May 6 isn't bad for the Pirates. also... I think it's a Fireworks night on the PPTT day, so the crowd should be a little larger than say , one that strolls in on a Tuesday night
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Yea, it is a fireworks night...

I have no problems walking if it makes it easier for everyone... So we are best-off doing it right in the stadium lots?.... Cool... Someone decide which lot and we'll go from there.

... I figure we can PM a few cell phone numbers to the folks so they can call when they get to the park... That's what we have done for football tailgates and it works great.

So now it's down to what time to start and what everyone can bring.... I'm good from early afternoon on, since we'll be driving over from Cincy.... I can also bring a few things (small gas grill, canopy if foul weather, a few chairs, utensils, etc...)... But we'll definitely need another grill and ammenities 'n at... I just can't bring all the **** I usually do since it's alot farther to drive.

Food: I'll bring some red curry marinated shrimp for the grill, and stuff for a "happy hot tub" for brats... With as many folks coming, I figure if everyone brings something, we'll have quite a spread... As the weeks get closer, we need to get a decent list going so we don't forget anything.

.... Where the hell's Beezy?.... He should have a few good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    What would you like to bring?.....

.... Sorry man, but when it comes to tailgating, I'm the chef in our relationship and she just drinks & eats...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    What would you like to bring?.....

.... Sorry man, but when it comes to tailgating, I'm the chef in our relationship and she just drinks & eats...
    Maybe he was referring to keeping YOU occupied?

We need some suggestions from Beezy.... Hey man, what do you think about doing these?...

For those that don't remember it, here's the recipe:

Half-pound patty mix of ribeye, sirloin, and prime rib (grilled to desired doneness)
    Havarti cheese
    maple bacon
    sauteed onions
    smoked pepper mayo

... I know it's still way early, but I've just been having serious cravings for a killer burger... (Too much time in Japan lately)...

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yowza! That certainly qualifies as a killer burger! I'd have to skip the mayo (allergic to eggs and vinegar, which is tricky - vinegar's a common preservative) but that certainly is impressive! Well created, that chap.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 413

Maybe he was referring to keeping YOU occupied?
    Hey, them there's fightin' words.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information