Thread: skipperron

Threads : 215

Default skipperron

I'm calling you out! Take some chill pills and hang with us. You were one of the best! You still can.........

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: skipperron

I loved reading your posts Skipper, you gotta come back. We will be here waiting for ya because it ain't baseball season without ya
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At least let us know that everything is okay with you.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 277

What the last two guys said!!!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I had sent a bunch of guys a PM letting them know I had contact Skipper back in late February and what he said. Here is the response (he gave me permission to post it in the open)

Just a note to let you and everyone else know I am alive and well, still in Florida. I am running to the hospital everyday for my mom, who had a major bypass surgery recently. (6 by-passes). She is doing pretty good and hopefully will go home soon.

I , unlike Alec Baldwin, believe that when you say you will do something then you should do it. Therefore, when I said if the Pirates ever signed Lastings Milledge, Milton Bradley or Elijah Dukes I would stop posting. They did and so I did. Granted, Milledge has not been a buffoon (YET) but I still hate the signing and hate the fact that for him no matter how crappy he plays they act as if he is wonderful.Right field MUST be cleared for Tabata but never left?????

Also several new members stressed the fact their displeasure at my feelings about Milledge and indicated they could care less if I left so ......HEY just thought I would help them out.

I still did not miss any Pirate games, watching everything on TV or computer. I did watch some other teams as well. I also found that if I did not post game threads or post game comments things did not bother me as much. Pirates just sort of became the lovable losers for me. I will still go to spring training and will watch this year to see the carnage. I did read the comments a few times on the site but found I was diametrically opposed to the majority of the posters, found my stomach churning, screamed at the computer screen and even tried jamming my fingers down the throat in a vain attempt to puke several times.

Just seems much more laid back this way and I can grumble and complain in solitude. I do appreciate some of the nice comments and concerns for my health that I read a couple of times. Thanks. Maybe you can pass this note on if you like.

See ya guys.

Just a side note, the apart about the "new guys" was in reference to the old Buccos Forum. I dont remember what went down, just knew it happened there and Skipper pretty much stopped posting in early July 2009
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information