Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every Linkin Park song ever recorded...

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Every Linkin Park song ever recorded...

So true

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVFuNQNXctQ[/ame]

Threads : 27
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Every Linkin Park song ever recorded...

TRULY THE BEST THING I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE!

I ****ing HATE Linkin Park. This made my day.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was ****ing awesome. I'm with Shay, one of the best things I've seen in a while and pretty **** true. Man does Linkin Park suck.

I wonder if they have one of those for Nickelback and Rob Zombie?

Speaking of Rob Zombie who ****ed me off cause I was hoping when he released the single Foxy Foxy that he was going to so something he hadn't done since the first white Zombie album and write new songs but then he reverts back to the same tired beat, electronica, same meldy crap he's been doing for years.... Then I'm on Itunes and saw his bro (powerman 5000) had a new album out and I Do we really need 2 artists sounding exactly like Rob Zombie?

I'm with both of you guys, I can't stand those ****ers! I've been waiting for them to die off for a couple of years now, but they just keep rearing their ugly ****ing heads What the **** do they have to complain about? A lack of creativity, or musicianship is the only thing I can think of.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with both of you guys, I can't stand those ****ers! I've been waiting for them to die off for a couple of years now, but they just keep rearing their ugly ****ing heads What the **** do they have to complain about? A lack of creativity, or musicianship is the only thing I can think of.
    Linkin Park is basically a Record Company band. A band tied into a contract and told what to do, how to sound. If they wanted to try and do something different sound wise (not saying they have the talent to), the Record Company most likely wouldn't allow them on their current contract. You can really look around at a lot of bands that are on some type of longer contract deal. All of their albums sound exactly the same. the Record Industry is scared ****less to lose sales and figured that they can keep selling bands making the same album and song.

It's why, probably since about 1999 most of the mainstream acts have never evolved their sound over the years unless they go to a different company. You can listen to the first Nickelback album and their last album, there's a good 9-10 years there and the first album sounds exactly like the last album. The Beatles were around for 7 years and their first album sounds nothing like Let It be. Led Zeppelin was around for 10 years, their first album sounds nothing like In Through The Outdoor. Motley Crue was around for 10 years, Too Fast For Love didn't sound much like Dr.Feelgood. Bands used to be able to evolve their sound but can't anymore.

I remember reading Joe Elliot from Def Leppard making a comment a few months ago that was pretty dead on with the record industry. He basically said that bands aren't allowed or afforded the chance to fail anymore. He said if their first album fails, they are dropped from the label, if they are given a second chance, and the improvement isn't drastic in sales, they get dropped. If a band tries to alter their sound a little bit at some point on some album and they fail, they get dropped. He said you can look back through the 60's, 70's and 80's and there are numerous bands that became huge whose first couple of albums weren't big sellers. He mentioned how Def Leppard would've been dumped before making Pyromania since High N Dry and On Through The Night didn't sell... Bon Jovi's Slipper When Wet was their 3rd album, the self title and 7800 degrees fairenheit albums practically bombed in sales, the first 3 Kiss albums bombed in sales before they released Alive. Bruce Springsteen's first 2 albums didn't sale well and didn't even hit the Top 40. Wasn't until his 3rd album - Born to Run that he sold.

It's a shame and it also makes me laugh when the RIAA tries to blame piracy or lack of interest in album sales or the internet or some other excuse for poor album sales. It's the ****ty music, ****ty bands and stagnant sounds you keep pushing out that is causing people to not buy the crap

Threads : 27

You guys should check out Dead By Sunrise...it's Chester's new band. Wow. It is soooo good. I wish I was a 12 year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Linkin Park is basically a Record Company band. A band tied into a contract and told what to do, how to sound. If they wanted to try and do something different sound wise (not saying they have the talent to), the Record Company most likely wouldn't allow them on their current contract. You can really look around at a lot of bands that are on some type of longer contract deal. All of their albums sound exactly the same. the Record Industry is scared ****less to lose sales and figured that they can keep selling bands making the same album and song.

It's why, probably since about 1999 most of the mainstream acts have never evolved their sound over the years unless they go to a different company. You can listen to the first Nickelback album and their last album, there's a good 9-10 years there and the first album sounds exactly like the last album. The Beatles were around for 7 years and their first album sounds nothing like Let It be. Led Zeppelin was around for 10 years, their first album sounds nothing like In Through The Outdoor. Motley Crue was around for 10 years, Too Fast For Love didn't sound much like Dr.Feelgood. Bands used to be able to evolve their sound but can't anymore.

I remember reading Joe Elliot from Def Leppard making a comment a few months ago that was pretty dead on with the record industry. He basically said that bands aren't allowed or afforded the chance to fail anymore. He said if their first album fails, they are dropped from the label, if they are given a second chance, and the improvement isn't drastic in sales, they get dropped. If a band tries to alter their sound a little bit at some point on some album and they fail, they get dropped. He said you can look back through the 60's, 70's and 80's and there are numerous bands that became huge whose first couple of albums weren't big sellers. He mentioned how Def Leppard would've been dumped before making Pyromania since High N Dry and On Through The Night didn't sell... Bon Jovi's Slipper When Wet was their 3rd album, the self title and 7800 degrees fairenheit albums practically bombed in sales, the first 3 Kiss albums bombed in sales before they released Alive. Bruce Springsteen's first 2 albums didn't sale well and didn't even hit the Top 40. Wasn't until his 3rd album - Born to Run that he sold.

[HIGH-LIGHT]It's a shame and it also makes me laugh when the RIAA tries to blame piracy or lack of interest in album sales or the internet or some other excuse for poor album sales. It's the ****ty music, ****ty bands and stagnant sounds you keep pushing out that is causing people to not buy the crap[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    And there it is, folks!

I have to agree man. Once something works one time the record labels will do anything they can to try and keep that same financial success. I think that's also a big reason why a lot of bands now just start their own record labels, so they can do whatever the hell they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ShayP View Post
    You guys should check out Dead By Sunrise...it's Chester's new band. Wow. It is soooo good. I wish I was a 12 year old girl.
    Chester the molester?

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As music consumers, we killed off Limp Bizkit and the like... somehow these assklowns escaped. It truly makes me want to hurt myself.

I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recently and saw their gear in a case there... I wanted my money back. Couldn't find ANY mention of Van Halen or Zep but THEY got in?

That's Ohio for you but I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCar86 View Post
    As music consumers, we killed off Limp Bizkit and the like... somehow these assklowns escaped. It truly makes me want to hurt myself.

I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recently and saw their gear in a case there... I wanted my money back. Couldn't find ANY mention of Van Halen or Zep but THEY got in?

That's Ohio for you but I digress...
    I would've been asking someone some questions if I saw any of their **** in the R&R HOF!

I noticed that too the last time I was there. There were some pretty major bands missing...No Sabbath stuff, No Zep stuff, No VH stuff. One little drum/guitar/organ set up of the Allman Brothers...It was still pretty cool, but not really everything I was expecting.

I would've been asking someone some questions if I saw any of their **** in the R&R HOF!

I noticed that too the last time I was there. There were some pretty major bands missing...No Sabbath stuff, No Zep stuff, No VH stuff. One little drum/guitar/organ set up of the Allman Brothers...It was still pretty cool, but not really everything I was expecting.
    There was a can of spray paint from one of LP's music videos and a turntable.

Obviously the Les Paul collection is amazing but the fact they have a Mushroomhead shrine (granted, they are Clevebo locals) kind of cancels that out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCar86 View Post
    There was a can of spray paint from one of LP's music videos and a turntable.

Obviously the Les Paul collection is amazing but the fact they have a Mushroomhead shrine (granted, they are Clevebo locals) kind of cancels that out.
    I went a couple years ago and they had a giant Doors display upstairs that I really enjoyed! Also all of the Hendrix stuff was really cool to see. I can't believe how skinny he must've been to fit into some of those outfits!

Threads : 48

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That was great!!I HATE that ****ing band.The loooooooooooooong pause was pretty **** funny.

I went a couple years ago and they had a giant Doors display upstairs that I really enjoyed! Also all of the Hendrix stuff was really cool to see. I can't believe how skinny he must've been to fit into some of those outfits!
    I don't remember what of the Doors they had when I went but you're right the Hendrix stuff is amazing! All of those drawings and teeny pants... wow.

Your signature makes me giggle like a little Asian schoolgirl, Les.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information