Thread: As painful as it is!

Threads : 215

Default As painful as it is!

It looks like this team is undergoing painful, but powerful and productive changes, as we nurse our egos.

As I woefully bought Pirates shirts at Wally World (decent for them), I wondered of the ensuing beatings that would incur, because of my loyalties. As the rest rant in disgust and distaste of my Pittsburgh Pirates, I finally see the sun peeking from the horizon.
    Last edited by CROSSBONES; May-29-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Default Re: As painful as it is!

I see the bad moon arising!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like this team is undergoing painful, but powerful and productive changes, as we nurse our egos.

As I woefully bought Pirates shirts at Wally World (decent for them), I wondered of the ensuing beatings that would incur, because of my loyalties. As the rest rant in disgust and distaste of my Pittsburgh Pirates, I finally see the sun peeking from the horizon.
    Being away from the 'Burgh has made it tough to follow the Buccos closely for me... That, and the fact that I'm just slowly getting "back into" baseball... But I can't help but wonder and hope that they are in the earlier stages of what the Reds have gone thru recently... They (the Reds) had replaced some management after several sorry seasons, and appear to have turned the corner with some new young talent... Hopefully the same will happen to our beloved Buccos.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We gotta take the good with the bad and realize that it's part of the process, while remembering that it's not about this season. I believe the fun really begins when Alvarez, Tabata and Linclon are called up.
    The pieces are beginning to fall into place for a 2012 run to contention...imho.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

This year's adjustments will portend the future. It will be a year of knowledgeable fans watching the improvements that will end the misery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threads : 24

I guess the hard part for me is to see other franchises, like the Nationals, Reds and Marlins, turn the corner more quickly than the Pirates. The Pirates are just so predictably bad every year. and the moves that this GM has made at the ML level are absoultely no better over his three years than his predecessor. Zero progress in terms of major league talent. The players acquired to play in Pittsburgh are jokes really--just look at it--they are all players who have failed in other organizations. I'm talking about Milledge, Clement, Morton, Jones and LaRoche. The one guy who was a real major leaguer, Iwamura, is a total bust..... Is it wrong to believe that the GM should be able to acquire at least one guy who could play major league baseball? I get it that Alvarez and Tabata are actually good, but besides McCutchen, there are no complementary players in Pittsburgh. This team is so terribly far away, especially in terms of starting pitching, that I just can't see those young players having any meaningful impact.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by buccoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the hard part for me is to see other franchises, like the Nationals, Reds and Marlins, turn the corner more quickly than the Pirates. The Pirates are just so predictably bad every year. and the moves that this GM has made at the ML level are absoultely no better over his three years than his predecessor. Zero progress in terms of major league talent. The players acquired to play in Pittsburgh are jokes really--just look at it--they are all players who have failed in other organizations. I'm talking about Milledge, Clement, Morton, Jones and LaRoche. The one guy who was a real major leaguer, Iwamura, is a total bust..... Is it wrong to believe that the GM should be able to acquire at least one guy who could play major league baseball? I get it that Alvarez and Tabata are actually good, but besides McCutchen, there are no complementary players in Pittsburgh. This team is so terribly far away, especially in terms of starting pitching, that I just can't see those young players having any meaningful impact.
    I'd add Neil Walker into that mix. I have a feeling that he will continue to develop and be a decent player. What I'm more concerned about is getting some decent, reliable and CONSISTENT pitching up here. All this hype at the A and AA level absolutely has to perform or we're in deep ****.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information