Thread: Buffalo Bills Scouting Report Thread 2010

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Buffalo Bills Scouting Report Thread 2010

Alright so this is my team this year. Steelers week 12 opponent. First scouting report comes from scanning the threads at http://boards.buffalobills.com. So far it looks like the consensus is from fans that they will not do worse than last years record of 6 - 10. A lot of people think they can go 8-8 and as high as 10-6 with a playoff birth. My initial thoughts is that they won't do better than 6-10.

It looks like they want to play Cowher of the 90's football. They have installed the 3-4 which is news to me. The only big draft pick of recent memory I can even think of is Posluszny which is a middle linebacker. Did they play 34 last year? I can't recall but I will be looking into this. They want to run and stop the run but I transitioning defense is going to have it's share of bugs. On the offensive side, they pretty much have to run because they still don't have an answer at QB and one sure starter at WR. CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch with have to be great for them to score at all. CJ Spiller supposedly was the best RB in the draft but is a homerun hitter and not a feature back. I don't know much about Jackson but fans seem to be high on him. They are not high on Lynch but think he is going to have to have a come back season and do the dirty work between the tackles for them.

Early prediction is that this will not be a good team but they are rebuilding and reformatting in hopes of winning down the road. They should get a few wins due to the fact that they are making their strength as a cold weather team so should do well in their own stadium towards the end of the season. I say 5-11.

The Steelers are playing in Buffalo at the end of November but we play our own brand of bad weather football but that might not be necessary that time of year. We should be able to pass on these guys at will. Might be a trap game tho with another bad team Raiders the game before and I am sure they hope to catch the Steelers looking forward to division rivals the Ravens in Baltimore the week after.

Default Re: Buffalo Bills Scouting Report Thread 2010

This is what looks to my eyes as a realistic fans point of view on the QB situation...

I sure hope you're right. I will gladly eat my words for a successful season. Hell, at this point I'd be content with being hopeful for a change but let's be realistic.

Here is our QB pool:

#1 - Won't throw the ball down field but pretty good with the short stuff. By short stuff I mean behind the line of scrimmage. Had "it" for awhile (kinda) but it's been gone for quite some time now.

#2 - Will throw the ball anywhere at anytime but sadly it will end up 2 feet to the left of where he wanted to throw it. Good player, no accuracy.

#3 - 2nd rd pick off of a practice squad.

#4 - 7th rd pick.

Well at least he will be able to throw the ball to our top-notch, proven and battle-tested receiving core including Lee Evens and...

OK not so good. Well at least he will have a tremendous OLine in front of him anchored by.... the ghost of Brad Butler? Flozell Adams?

I hope I'm wrong but I think this year has rebuilding written all over it.

When I see that I don't feel so bad about our QB situation. Our #2 and #3 options are probably both better than their #1.

Ok Left Tackle. Very curious about this years #5 pick Ed Wang. 6'5" 310 pounder from Virginia Tech. A Chinese football player!! Apparently he is already a huge star in China. I guess the world is watching.

71 - Ed Wang. A fifth-round pick just this past April, Wang's impact has already been felt off the field, as he's a bona fide star in China. Remarkably similar to the first two players on this list, Wang is a fleet-of-foot athlete that's much better in pass protection than as a run blocker. He lacks upper body strength, and like Bell, has only marginal length (33.75-inch arms, compared to Bell's 33.25-inch arms and Meredith's 34.5-inch arms). He has some upside and fits best as a left tackle, but unlike the guy listed ahead of him here, he might get the benefit of a little pressure-free time on the practice field to hone his game.

Scouting Report - http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2293

Problem for this kid is they are going to camp with 3 LT's

77 - Demetrius Bell. Bell took over as the team's starting left tackle just prior to Week 1 in 2009, when the Bills released Langston Walker, originally tabbed to replace the traded Jason Peters. Bell made eight starts with incredibly spotty performances before landing on IR with an ACL injury. Still on the road to full health, Bell's experience - which actually counts for something in this discussion, unfortunately - makes him the early favorite to re-claim the starting left tackle role. Bell is a good athlete capable of moving and getting to the second level, but his lack of length causes problems in pass protection, and he gets caught reaching frequently. He also worked through a tremendous struggle with penalties throughout his eight starts last year, and needs to clean that up.

69 - Jamon Meredith. A mid-season acquisition after the Bills lost starting right tackle Brad Butler for the season, Meredith made spot appearances at tackle for the Bills throughout his rookie season, mostly at right tackle. Although he's listed at 304 pounds, I think there's a good chance that that number is generous. Meredith is a lighter guy, but again, he's a quick, agile player capable of mirroring in pass protection. His first NFL experience came against Julius Peppers, and though he was tossed around like a rag doll on occasion, his play was actually rather admirable. Meredith is longer than Bell and has more upside, and he spent Gailey's first rookie OTA as the first team left tackle. There's no player on the roster more likely to usurp Bell than Meredith.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010...ls-roster-left
    Last edited by Beezy; May-30-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Ok Left Tackle. Very curious about this years #5 pick Ed Wang. 6'5" 310 pounder from Virginia Tech. A Chinese football player!! Apparently he is already a huge star in China. I guess the world is watching.

71 - Ed Wang. A fifth-round pick just this past April, Wang's impact has already been felt off the field, as he's a bona fide star in China. Remarkably similar to the first two players on this list, Wang is a fleet-of-foot athlete that's much better in pass protection than as a run blocker. He lacks upper body strength, and like Bell, has only marginal length (33.75-inch arms, compared to Bell's 33.25-inch arms and Meredith's 34.5-inch arms). He has some upside and fits best as a left tackle, but unlike the guy listed ahead of him here, he might get the benefit of a little pressure-free time on the practice field to hone his game.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2293

Problem for this kid is they are going to camp with 3 LT's

77 - Demetrius Bell. Bell took over as the team's starting left tackle just prior to Week 1 in 2009, when the Bills released Langston Walker, originally tabbed to replace the traded Jason Peters. Bell made eight starts with incredibly spotty performances before landing on IR with an ACL injury. Still on the road to full health, Bell's experience - which actually counts for something in this discussion, unfortunately - makes him the early favorite to re-claim the starting left tackle role. Bell is a good athlete capable of moving and getting to the second level, but his lack of length causes problems in pass protection, and he gets caught reaching frequently. He also worked through a tremendous struggle with penalties throughout his eight starts last year, and needs to clean that up.

69 - Jamon Meredith. A mid-season acquisition after the Bills lost starting right tackle Brad Butler for the season, Meredith made spot appearances at tackle for the Bills throughout his rookie season, mostly at right tackle. Although he's listed at 304 pounds, I think there's a good chance that that number is generous. Meredith is a lighter guy, but again, he's a quick, agile player capable of mirroring in pass protection. His first NFL experience came against Julius Peppers, and though he was tossed around like a rag doll on occasion, his play was actually rather admirable. Meredith is longer than Bell and has more upside, and he spent Gailey's first rookie OTA as the first team left tackle. There's no player on the roster more likely to usurp Bell than Meredith.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information