Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good quote by Randel El

Threads : 183

Default good quote by Randel El

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37448280/ns/sports-nfl/

I appreciate randel El's perspective...important I think for everyone to follow.
    at the end of this article.

Threads : 60

Default Re: good quote by Randel El

good article. i agree, you can't hold on for life. unless the person doesn't change. i think ben will put his best foot forward but there will always be people that will doubt his private life or honesty. that's one of the worse things when you do something wrong, not being let off the hook.

personally i can forgive ben before i forgive vick. at least these girls had their chances of not being involved with ben and eventually got to tell their side. not saying that they deserved it or anything like that.
    vick took animals that depend upon our compassion, they follow us without doubt and vick used that against them to torture, gain money, enjoyment and what ever sick thrills he and his scum friends get out of it. i can forgive ben but i doubt i can forgive vick.

Threads : 440

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37448280/ns/sports-nfl/

I appreciate randel El's perspective...important I think for everyone to follow.
    at the end of this article.

Randle-El will be a good influence to have back in the locker room...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Randle-El will be a good influence to have back in the locker room...

x2

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"We've all been through different things, we've all made different mistakes," Randle El said. "When you make those mistakes, as a player, as a friend, as anybody, you've got to have forgiveness in your heart. To be able to forget and move on, that's the kind of thing you have to do and expect. Not just from players but from friends and family, and even everybody that was involved. Everybody makes mistakes, but you can't hold onto it for life."
    From a player's perspective, I can understand the necessity to "move on" because team harmony and production depend upon it. But like Ron Cook said when interviewed by ESPN today; "He (Ben) might be remembered as a great player in Steelers history, but not a great person. At least not along the lines of some past Steelers players."... Now I personally disagree with alot that Cook writes, but this comment was spot-on IMO... Whatever he (Ben) does, he probably will never overcome everything from the past couple of years to get into the "good graces" of alot of the fans so as to be held in that regard of a great person, but he still definitely can be a great player... Unfortunately, I myself included will never look at him as a "great" person... I just want to see production on the field because I now view him in a completely different light... He had his one "mulligan" after the Tahoe incident, and failed miserably.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. We all do, and will continue to do so... Hell, I've made enough to cover the share for several people, and will have regrets for the rest of my life... But the difference in this situation is that it is important for the players within the clubhouse to deal with it somewhat differently than us fans because more is riding on their decisions as football players within the dynamics of the team... As for the fans, it's much different... We all are just along for the ride.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 29

I could care less how he is remembered as a person.

Look at Kobe Bryant and that whole situation. You rarely, if ever, hear it even mentioned anymore. All you hear now is how he may now be the greatest Laker ever.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post
    I could care less how he is remembered as a person.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Look at Kobe Bryant and that whole situation. You rarely, if ever, hear it even mentioned anymore. All you hear now is how he may now be the greatest Laker ever[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    But how much of that is letting the media talk/think for you. (I'm not saying you personally, rather fans in general) The shills and kool-aide drinkers can say what they want, but I will base my view of players on my own criteria no matter what the talking heads say. In my estimation, Vick, Bryant, Roethlesberber etc... are and will be ******bags.

I think when Ben in his rookie season tossed a flicker pass during the Cowboys game I thought, this dude is for real.

Threads : 21

I think in this great country called the United States people are inoncent until proven guilty. Ben might have been found guilty in the court of public opion but that is not the court that counts in my book. The Gerogia DA wanted to convict Ben but lacked evedience and any real realiabe testiomny.
    People are human they make mistakes no one is perfect, it is what you do after the mistake is made that builds your character.

If it is a crime to have sex with drunk women then I am guilty cause over the long weekend I had sex with a drunk frat girl. Granted Ben is 7 years older then i am.

Threads : 21

I think in this great country called the United States people are inoncent until proven guilty. Ben might have been found guilty in the court of public opion but that is not the court that counts in my book. The Gerogia DA wanted to convict Ben but lacked evedience and any real realiabe testiomny.
    People are human they make mistakes no one is perfect, it is what you do after the mistake is made that builds your character.

If it is a crime to have sex with drunk women then I am guilty cause over the long weekend I had sex with a drunk frat girl. Granted Ben is 7 years older then i am.

Threads : 29

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    But how much of that is letting the media talk/think for you. (I'm not saying you personally, rather fans in general) The shills and kool-aide drinkers can say what they want, but I will base my view of players on my own criteria no matter what the talking heads say. In my estimation, Vick, Bryant, Roethlesberber etc... are and will be ******bags.
    The media may be a factor but I don't think it's that as much as people just have short attention spans. Especially if you win and win big. For example, Kobe I mentioned above.

Most, myself included, will never look at Ben the same but if he keeps his nose clean, plays well and the team has success you won't hear much mention of it. See Kobe, Ray Lewis, Leonard Little, etc............... Not saying that's right. It's just the way it is.

Threads : 6
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    From a player's perspective, I can understand the necessity to "move on" because team harmony and production depend upon it. But like Ron Cook said when interviewed by ESPN today; "He (Ben) might be remembered as a great player in Steelers history, but not a great person. At least not along the lines of some past Steelers players."... Now I personally disagree with alot that Cook writes, but this comment was spot-on IMO... Whatever he (Ben) does, he probably will never overcome everything from the past couple of years to get into the "good graces" of alot of the fans so as to be held in that regard of a great person, but he still definitely can be a great player... Unfortunately, I myself included will never look at him as a "great" person... I just want to see production on the field because I now view him in a completely different light... He had his one "mulligan" after the Tahoe incident, and failed miserably.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. We all do, and will continue to do so... Hell, I've made enough to cover the share for several people, and will have regrets for the rest of my life... But the difference in this situation is that it is important for the players within the clubhouse to deal with it somewhat differently than us fans because more is riding on their decisions as football players within the dynamics of the team... As for the fans, it's much different... We all are just along for the ride.
    Ya know what guys, I don't remember what kind of person Jack lambert was. I don't remember what kind of person Mean Joe was. At this point in time I don't care because they were just great football players for my team. I bet this will be exactly how I and many others will see Ben after he is gone. It's hard not to become emotionaly attached to the players but I think it's wrong to do so and you are just setting yourself up for failure. Not everyone on this Earth are going to be fine upstanding citizens, especially with the temptations that surround them day in and day out. If you don't expect much from them then you won't be disappointed.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CamoSteel View Post
    Ya know what guys, I don't remember what kind of person Jack lambert was. I don't remember what kind of person Mean Joe was. At this point in time I don't care because they were just great football players for my team. I bet this will be exactly how I and many others will see Ben after he is gone. It's hard not to become emotionaly attached to the players but I think it's wrong to do so and you are just setting yourself up for failure. Not everyone on this Earth are going to be fine upstanding citizens, especially with the temptations that surround them day in and day out. If you don't expect much from them then you won't be disappointed.
    and at the end of the day, you'll usually take the good player that is a not so great person too. Hell, I'd have taken back Barry Bonds every day of the week even though he was a cheating roid head with a ******** personality.

It's always come down to people on one side caring more about morals and ethics and people on the other side caring more about a team being successful and winning. The chances of having all of that is pretty non-existent in todays society so you have to make a choice...

1. Do you want a team that wins and is successful even if it means you have some personalities that don't live up to one's personal morals, character and ethics standards.

2. Do you want a team that cares more about Morals, Character and Ethics that you keep to a high standard at the risk of fielding a crappier team.

I'll take Number 1. These players mean absolutely nothing to me other than a bunch of numbers on a stat sheet and my personal viewing pleasure on tv and live. Charlie Sheen beats women and I watch Two and a Half men and bust out Major League and The Wraith from time to time.

One thing that ****es me of is the people that stick to #2 and then endlessly ***** about this playing sucking, or the team losing etc... You made the choice. You cared more about personal morals and crap. Sit there, shut up and deal with it.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CamoSteel View Post
    Ya know what guys, I don't remember what kind of person Jack lambert was.
    Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd mention: My wife remembers Jack Lambert using a self-wash car cleaner in Brighton Heights in his playing years. It was a 'Vette. Anecdote over, but how cool was that?
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 6
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd mention: My wife remembers Jack Lambert using a self-wash car cleaner in Brighton Heights in his playing years. It was a 'Vette. Anecdote over, but how cool was that?
    He probably ripped the change taker off the wall when he ran out of time with soap still on the vette.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information