Thread: Bengals: Palmer's frustration with Chad boils over

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bengals: Palmer's frustration with Chad boils over

Palmer would like to see 85 here
    Posted by jreedy
    June 10th, 2010

With five days until minicamp opens, Carson Palmer wishes that Chad Ochocinco was here during the on-field coaching sessions building a rapport with the other receivers while also learning the facets of an overhauled passing game.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Said Palmer on Thursday: “It would be great to have our number one receiver here and working with him and building it around him. We’ve tried moving guys around. Maybe they’re trying to find a new number one receiver (out of the group here) because it’s hard to work your offense in without that guy around. We’ve moved Antonio (Bryant) around, he’s been playing some spots. It’s hard to tell and say because we’re looking for a number two and three receiver without a number one.”[/HIGH-LIGHT]

Last year Ochocinco was here for at least four of the OTA sessions. This year due to his myriad of television appearances, he will not arrive in town until this weekend and have possibly one practice (Monday) before minicamp starts on Tuesday. This marks the third straight season that Ochocinco has missed either all or most of the OTAs.

Ochocinco is entering his 10th season with the Bengals, but next season is an option year on his contract. The biggest reason why the Bryant signing made sense was that he has been a number one receiver with other teams so that in the event that the Bengals and Ochocinco parted aways in ‘11 or ‘12, Bryant could step into that role.

Bryant, Jerome Simpson and Jordan Shipley have been playing in different spots so far. It’s almost the same situation for Palmer as last year when he had an entirely new receiving cast to work with. This year, the only player that he has out there with familiarity is Andre Caldwell and Reggie Kelly.

“I mean we’ve drafted guys high and they haven’t played enough. There are fresh guys with a lot to prove and some new guys in a new system and offense that have a long way to go. We’ll get there,” Palmer said. “Last year we were in the same boat. Chad wasn’t here. Last year was a mess. This year is a not quite as much of a mess.”

[HIGH-LIGHT]When asked what Ochocinco needs to pick up when he arrives in Cincinnati this weekend, Palmer did say that there is quite a bit in terms of plays, concepts and verbiage. Palmer, who is entering his eighth year, did say this is the biggest overhaul of the passing game since he’s been here.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

As far as how he is doing with it, Palmer said: “I’m still learning and progressing with it. You can always get better at the newer things. We’ve got plenty of time to keep working on it and once he (Ochocinco) gets back in shape and the flow of things we’ll still have enough time to be ready for the season opener (Sept. 12 at New England).”

During the minicamp, the Bengals will have two practices each on Tuesday and Wednesday and a single session on Thursday.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...essage-for-85/
    Last edited by Palmetto Steel; Jun-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bengals: Palmer's frustration with Chad boils over

"When asked what Ochocinco needs to pick up when he arrives in Cincinnati this weekend, Palmer did say "two pizzas and a case of penicillin"."

I think I prefer my amended version of the quote.

They'll be back to BFFs and painting each other's toe nails in camp.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They'll be back to BFFs and painting each other's toe nails in camp.
    Yea, most likely they will... But Palmer's frustration continues each season with Chaddy-poo skipping practices... Personally, I hope he finds another "go to" guy, and Chaddy is left hating life... I just can't stand the guy.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Palmer should be to Ouchopsycho as Romo was to Owens: Always looking for another option. Shut down the TE and watch as the QU obviously thinks "Oh ****, now I've got to throw to Captain Jagoff".

That would be plain comedic.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Palmer should be to Ouchopsycho as Romo was to Owens: Always looking for another option. Shut down the TE and watch as the QU obviously thinks "Oh ****, now I've got to throw to Captain Jagoff".

That would be plain comedic.
    I'm tellin' ya, don't be suprised if Carson starts the season with a "different" favorite WR....

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I'm tellin' ya, don't be suprised if Carson starts the season with a "different" favorite WR....
    He probably sits in Row G...

I'll take another shot at this paraphrasing malarky: "When asked what Ochocinco needs to pick up when he arrives in Cincinnati this weekend, Palmer did say "fresh batteries and KY Jelly - we're going Brokeback!"."

"When asked what Ochocinco needs to pick up when he arrives in Cincinnati this weekend, Palmer did say "fresh batteries and KY Jelly - we're going Brokeback!"."
    Now THAT'S what this Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher wants to hear!... ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information