Thread: Ben's kdka interview with Bob P.

Threads : 183

Default Ben's kdka interview with Bob P.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=73194@kdka.dayport.com

Here is one link for the KDKA interview. I am unable to make it past 9:18 on the
    steaming video though can anyone else get past this point currently?

There is also an interview on the wtae.com site with Sally Wiggins.

Interestingly enough he mentions that he'd like to share his side of the story
    I wonder what that is in all seriousness, but that cause of legal implications that he cannot.

Threads : 183

Default Re: Ben's kdka interview with Bob P.

Its fine now the entire interview is able to be seen -- not sure why it was that way to begin with.

Threads : 440

Steelers' Roethlisberger contrite in TV interviews

Friday, June 11, 2010
    By Gary Rotstein, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger granted separate interviews this week to television stations KDKA and WTAE for his first detailed public comments since allegations of sexual assault erupted in Milledgeville, Ga. The local stations aired the interviews yesterday, although without any discussion of his conduct with young women in Milledgeville or Lake Tahoe, Nev., where a hotel employee has filed a civil suit against him. Steelers representatives told the TV stations Roethlisberger would be unable to discuss the incidents because of legal concerns.

In the interviews, Roethlisberger repeatedly faults himself for mistakes, blaming it in part on his immaturity while transitioning from his small-town Findlay, Ohio, background to "big city" Pittsburgh.

"Big Ben just kept building up, and I think it ended up coming off the field, and as the years kept going it just kept taking over Ben Roethlisberger," he told KDKA's Bob Pompeani.

Roethlisberger appeared relaxed and contrite throughout the interviews, with his most emotional moment coming in description of recent talks with his father, who now has a Western Pennsylvania farm Roethlisberger has visited frequently.

"We were talking about everything and how I got kind of lost, and he looked at me and we both kind of broke down, and he said, 'It's good to have my son back.' And that just killed me," Roethlisberger said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10162...#ixzz0qcPhqNmH

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I gotta say, that was a pretty convincing interview with Ben. He really came across as truly being sorry for the way he has carried himself these last couple of years. The fact that he said his actions will mean more than his words was also a good thing to say. Overall it was a very positive first step for Ben.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information