Thread: Vince Young issued a citation.

nathanas85

Default Vince Young issued a citation.

Ok Czar Rog, this should be at least a 4-6 game suspension. I assume.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/v...lt-case-061310

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vince Young issued a citation.

Gonna move this to the "NFL room"...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by nathanas85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok Czar Rog, this should be at least a 4-6 game suspension. I assume.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/v...lt-case-061310
    is anybody else ****ed that goodell will do nothing to vince young!

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So far (other than the Milledgeville incident) this year:

Brandon Underwood (Packers) incident: June 5th. No further information. Punishment so far: Nothing.

Eric Foster (Colts) incident: Jan 24th. Police didn't press charges, club took no action, league took no action.

Vince Young (Titans) incident: June 13th. Cited by police (C misdemeanor), video footage exists. Ongoing. Punishment so far: Nothing.

I'm starting to develop a certain perspective on this.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far (other than the Milledgeville incident) this year:

Brandon Underwood (Packers) incident: June 5th. No further information. Punishment so far: Nothing.

Eric Foster (Colts) incident: Jan 24th. Police didn't press charges, club took no action, league took no action.

Vince Young (Titans) incident: June 13th. Cited by police (C misdemeanor), video footage exists. Ongoing. Punishment so far: Nothing.

I'm starting to develop a certain perspective on this.
    it wont stop with these players. i wish we could put that conduct policy up ,and go over it again.then maybey somebody can explain to me why my ****in qb is out for 4 games

Bit of an update:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...100728082/1027

Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young won't be suspended by NFL for strip club fight

By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • July 28, 2010

[HIGH-LIGHT]The NFL is not going to suspend Titans quarterback Vince Young for his involvement in a Dallas strip club altercation last month, according to sources familiar with the situation.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

The league is expected to make an announcement by the end of the week, possibly as early as Thursday.

Titans officials could not be reached for comment on Wednesday. Greg Aiello, Senior Vice President of Public Relations for the NFL, declined comment.

Young was cited for a misdemeanor assault following the June 13 incident at Club Onyx.

The next day, Young said he hoped it wouldn’t result in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspending him: “I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates.’’

Last month, Goodell said he planned to talk with Young at some point. The commissioner also indicated that first-time offenders like Young usually don’t warrant a suspension under the league’s personal conduct policy.

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher could not be reached for comment Wednesday night. Following the incident, Fisher said he was disappointed with Young's actions: “The league will look into it. The commissioner is very strict about these types of things and I am sure we'll hear from him after we get more information.’’

The Titans face the Steelers in Week 2 of the regular season. The Steelers will be without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, suspended for six games after police investigated sexual assault allegations against him in Georgia.

Goodell said he was suspending the two-time Super Bowl winner for behavior that "undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs or players."

Young’s fight occurred in an office area of the strip club. It started when the quarterback lunged after a man who made an upside-down "Hook ‘em Horns" sign disparaging Young's school, the University of Texas. Young said the man also made personal remarks. Young said he didn’t throw a punch.

The Titans begin training camp on Saturday and open the regular season Sept. 12 against Oakland.

What do I take from this? If there's video evidence of you being stupid in a strip club and you're on tape punching like a chick, you're in the clear if you don't play in, say, SW PA. First offence, ********! Incontrovertible evidence... Ah well, what did we expect?
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 29

The lesson here is to punch with your fist and not slap with your cock.

Either way, a **** got poked.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bull****...seems to be a double standard!!! BTW- is Vick getting a suspension for his "party/shooting?"...No?...that's what I thought! WTF???

I know I'm "tight-roping the line" here, but if the situation was reversed...I'm sure the league would get a call from Jesse Jackson and/or Sharpton!

I'll give myself a warning for that comment, but it's just how I feel!!!

Sorry guys, just venting!

I hear ya, Bton. There does seem to be a double standard but that's Komrade Rog's view of policy enforcement.

Heck, we're not even sure Ben's going to be back after only 4 suspended games - after all, a six-game suspension would, if I recall correctly, bring Ben back for the Cincinnati game. A Monday night game. Oh, look, publicity...

In the mean time, it looks like the Brandon Underwood and Eric Foster situations have just gone away.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who wants to bet that Jeff Fisher was hoping Young would get suspended??

Sports Logo

If ben gets the full six. then it was race driven...IMO

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information