Poll: Is the Viqueens game a must win?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Viqueens game a must win?

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is the Viqueens game a must win?

Vote your opinion.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is the Viqueens game a must win?

I voted Yes. Tight Division race, 11-5 didn't make the playoffs last year, we've already lost 2 games to 2 teams we should've crushed. They're all must wins IMO

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is a must win because the Steelers must prove to themselves that they can beat a quality opponent. The tit's win isn't looking so good now.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 10

I think the Denver game is more of a must win.

Threads : 9

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a must win because the Steelers must prove to themselves that they can beat a quality opponent. The tit's win isn't looking so good now.
    This.

Threads : 6

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCar86 View Post
    This.
    Ive read your posts and they dont resemble anything like Les's.
    But to get back on topic, I dont think it's a season deciding game. It would surly suck to lose this one, but I think all the must wins are the divisional and the games in late Nov. and Dec.
    That said, it would be one hell of a statement game to beat these bastards handily.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I voted Yes. Tight Division race, 11-5 didn't make the playoffs last year, we've already lost 2 games to 2 teams we should've crushed. They're all must wins IMO
    I agree with the Kipster except on the 11-5 thing. 11-5 will get you into the playoffs this year without a doubt.

This is what teams that aren't winning their division need to do the rest of the way just to get to 11-5. They only team capable of pulling off an 11-5 record who isn't winning their division right now is us and I am not just saying that because I am a fan. I really think you will see a 9-7 team in the playoffs this year from the AFC.

KC 10-0
    Oak 9-1
    SD 9-2
    Ten 10-0
    Tex 8-2
    Jax 8-2
    Clev 10-0
    Bal 8-2
    Pitt 7-3
    Buff 9-1
    Mia 9-2
    Jets 8-2

NE 7-3
    Cincy 7-3
    Indy 5-6
    Den 5-6

Threads : 9

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    [HIGH-LIGHT]Ive read your posts and they dont resemble anything like Les's.[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    But to get back on topic, I dont think it's a season deciding game. It would surly suck to lose this one, but I think all the must wins are the divisional and the games in late Nov. and Dec.
    That said, it would be one hell of a statement game to beat these bastards handily.
    I just now understood that.

Not nice!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes... While we may have some leeway, it's a tight race (as said) nonetheless... And while 'ya always want your team firing on all cylinders at the end of the season, you gotta start DURING the season for it to even matter at the end... The time is now.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88

I always view each game as a must win. I also disagree with people's qualms about running up scores on teams. The objective of every game I played (admittedly, Rugby is a different sport in many ways, but...) was to beat the opposition and, if you could destroy them, all to the good.

Eventually, if a division is totally tied, a "points difference" could factor in - otherwise nobody would bother about it, yet it's a stat in the NFL tables.

Win ugly if you have to, but never consider a game a lesser game or a given.

Threads : 82

I don't think it is a must win in the sense that I don't think that is the end of the season if they lose but I think they should win this one and I think our quest for another super bowl looks brighter with a win here. You always want to go into the bye sitting on a win plus a 4 game winning streak. Get healthy and confident for the Denver game.

I was watching NFLN today and I was surprised a lot of them where taking the Steelers and home field advantage in this one. I think that is the right call.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Steelers are the better team IMO, because if you take away Ben and Brett, the Steelers have more talent overall. At this point in time, I think Ben is a much better QB as well. The only positition where the Vikes are appreciatively better, is at RB where AP has the obvious edge over Mendy.

DEFENSIVELY, the Steelers are much better than the Vikes and will have Polamalu again, who is another week stronger in his return. I look for LeBeau to set the tone early, with a variety of blitzes to keep Favre off balance and under constant duress.
    OFFENSIVELY, if we can wear down the Williams Brothers, we can have success running the ball as well. Let's no-huddle their asses to exhaustion in this one. That would help neutralize Jared Allen as well. Ben should have a big day through the air without Winfield in there. Ward, Holmes, Wallace and Miller should feast on that secondary. This would be a nice time to make a statement with a big blow-out, but I'll settle for the 34-21 win
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    The Steelers are the better team IMO, because if you take away Ben and Brett, the Steelers have more talent overall. At this point in time, I think Ben is a much better QB as well. The only positition where the Vikes are appreciatively better, is at RB where AP has the obvious edge over Mendy.

DEFENSIVELY, the Steelers are much better than the Vikes and will have Polamalu again, who is another week stronger in his return. I look for LeBeau to set the tone early, with a variety of blitzes to keep Favre off balance and under constant duress.
    OFFENSIVELY, if we can wear down the Williams Brothers, we can have success running the ball as well. Let's no-huddle their asses to exhaustion in this one. That would help neutralize Jared Allen as well. Ben should have a big day through the air without Winfield in there. Ward, Holmes, Wallace and Miller should feast on that secondary. This would be a nice time to make a statement with a big blow-out, but I'll settle for the 34-21 win
    Peterson is better until proven otherwise but he is known. Mendy I think is just getting warmed up. If the Vikes overlook him then he is going to do some damage imo. On the other hand Peterson will not get overlooked. Most likely Troy will be assigned to make sure the ground game doesn't get out of control. If we can and yes we can stop Peterson then I'll take our O over theirs. I really don't care how good your D is. Smokey, Ward, Wallace, Miller and Mendy on the field in most situations is a problem. Problem for them. So we keep our O on the field we are golden like a shower. Let's play this game, I am ready.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A must win...that we WILL win. Guaranteed.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 6

Perhaps it's the terminology I don't care for, but a "must win" game is a game in which if you don't win...you're screwed for the year IMO. Must win = playoff game or game that you must win in order to get into the playoffs.

Since the playoff race has yet to be decided this is not a "must win" game to me.

As I said, maybe it's just the terminology. I think the game is important and will say a lot about the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information