Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arians Deserves Credit Too

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Arians Deserves Credit Too

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until we beat a team with a good pash rush and decent cover corners I"m not too excited yet. We've played Titans, Browns, Lions, Chargers and all of their Defense againt the pass is pathetic -- bears pass rush was alittle better and the vikings will be better yet possibly best we have faced to date.
    Very important for Ben to not take sacks and be smart. I don't like Jaren Allen one bit he is a dirty player and I do fear for Bens health if Allen get to him. We need to chip and double team and run screens/ draw underneath him constantly and make him work. We also need to run reverses and fake Reverses to keep the backside DE like him from pursuing from backside of the play. I think Heath will be big in this game and I feel confident Wallace will leave another DB burning in his tracks at some point. He really opens up the offense and take away his blunder in Detoit and subsequent kick of the ball and this kid sure has been something special. Almost beter than Nate cause he holds onto the ball. Can't wait for sunday indeed.
    That's a lot of things to do the Vikings pass rush is good. Tied for first in the league in sacks. That's the first time I've looked at the sacks stat. Would anyone have guessed that we were 3rd in the NFL in sacks??

Anyway, Ben's going to get sacked in the Vikes game. No doubt but that secondary is very suspect without Winfield, we have to have success through the air to beat the Vikes

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After six games this year, I've seen that Arians is quite capable of running a solid offense.....for a half. Then, for some unexplained reason, he goes away frome it. The Bengals game is the best example of that. We were moving the ball very well in the first half, and were dominating Cincinnati. The Steelers were running great plays, finding ways to get Willie Parker around the outside. They were moving the ball very well. I know we didn't runaway with the score in the first half, but the Bengals defense has never really been in question. They've always had decent D. Then came the second half. Sending Willie Parker up the middle for -3 to 2 yard runs. WTF? It kept our hurtin' defense on the field too long.

The Bears game is another good example. The dump off passes to Heath Miller were working the entire first half. The (good) Bears D had no answer for it. Second half, I don't think Miller was even looked at.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Want me to grill you

Actually it was the 2nd half of that playoff game the offense did anything. I think it scored something like 22 of it's 29 points in the 2nd half. What decision killed us in that one (I think, sometimes i get the 2 JAX games confused) was the ****ing decision at 3rd and 6 to bottleg Ben on a bad knee left for a first down. the dumbest ****ing decision I had seen. Right before that he ahd shut down the offense and went run after run which was also mind boggling because Jax couldn't stop our passing game in the 2nd half. The only thing that stopped it was the playcalling at the end.

but yeah, the 2nd half we made a good adjustment and we also had Ben not throwing 3 int's like he did in the first half of that one ( one which was a pick 6).

But I'm with you on your overall point about Arians failing to adjust when we needed him to
    See, I know we've had this discussion before, but I still disagree.... Ben wasn't taking advantage of the passing opportunities that were there. He made some, and yea he didn't throw the picks, but was trying to get too much at one time IMO... He was going down the field more and ignoring the shorter passes that would've moved the chains, if I recall correctly.... Now, maybe that is on Ben and not Arians, but that's the way I saw it... We gave up opportunities that were there, and whoever's decision that was, just ****ed me off...

That said, regardless of the actual stats, you could ask 10 people and get 10 different opinions as to why we didn't win... Please don't try to interject logic into my hatred for Arians, becaause that would make too much sense...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    I still say he is a dumb ****.

Yeah, what he said.
    Arians is a dunb ****.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information