Thread: Dogfighting co-defendant shot after confrontation with Michael Vick

Threads : 440

Default Dogfighting co-defendant shot after confrontation with Michael Vick

wonder what Roger Goodell thinks about this...

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2010

The news that a man was shot at a 30th birthday party for Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has taken a twist, with reports that Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the infamous dogfighting case that landed Vick in prison, was the victim in the shooting -- and that he was shot after a confrontation with Vick.

The Daily Press of Hampton Roads (Va.) reports that a spokesman for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital confirmed that Phillips was admitted early this morning and was listed in good condition.

A spokesman for Virginia Beach police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. ET after a fight broke out at the club where Vick was having a birthday party, just as the club was closing.

According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dogfighting co-defendants.

Squires writes that there was a confrontation between Phillips and Vick inside the party, that the confrontation then moved outside, and that's when Phillips was shot.

Vick's lawyer, Larry Woodward, says Vick was not involved and was not present when the shooting occurred.

According to the Daily Press report, there were witnesses who "don't want it to be known if they were witnesses." Police say the victim and witnesses were uncooperative.

In 2004, Vick was present when Phillips allegedly stole a Rolex watch from an airport X-ray belt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-with-vick/

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dogfighting co-defendant shot after confrontation with Michael Vick

How is this Steeler related?

Post it with the general NFL stuff.

Threads : 440

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I've got a better idea, I'll just stop posting here altogether since you're so **** rude about it.

Threads : 88

Maybe one of the Mods will move it later...

Until then...

The plot thickens. Again, I'll wait and see what details (if any) emerge. It seems awfully coincidental that dude turns up in time to become the repository for some munitions. Whatever the ins and outs, I think we can all assume that Crudell's lecture to Ben involved not putting himself in dodgy situations again.

Does this sound like it was a safe situation or a moment of iffy judgment?
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I've got a better idea, I'll just stop posting here altogether since you're so **** rude about it.
    now everybodys a mod.

Threads : 60

I remember when the NFL used to pick players not only of talent but trouble free too.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Don't be a baby, I'm just saying to post stuff in the right place so the site doesn't get unusable because everyone has to wade through irrelevant stuff in order to find what interests them.

BTW rockr, I'm not trying to be a mod, just giving a heads up to help the guy out. Hawaiiansteeler posts a lot of interesting stuff here that I enjoy reading. THE POINT IS, if we all post in the most relevant place, we can all enjoy the site without having to dig through stuff that is clogging up the wrong forum.

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

Vick's another O.J.

Threads : 122

Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; Jun-26-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Moved thread to proper forum.

And by the way,folks,lets remember the rules regarding racial posts.Rules are rules.Thanks!!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post

Let's not worry about where things are posted initially. One of us mods/Admins can always move it. Sometimes stuff like this going into the biggest traffic board helps it get recognized before moving.

It's no big deal
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Let's not worry about where things are posted initially. One of us mods/Admins can always move it. Sometimes stuff like this going into the biggest traffic board helps it get recognized before moving.

It's no big deal
    No prob Kipper.

Threads : 60

Good point. BTW, I would have been very happy had Mike Vic never been released from prison or never was allowed back into the NFL. What he had done was beyond making a mistake. There are somethings that you just do not do.

Threads : 413

Embracing Vick sets everybody back
    Jason Whitlock

Updated Jul 1, 2010 4:28 PM ET

Let’s keep it real. Michael Vick is not the first man to pull out after three minutes and call it 30 under oath.

Too much is being made of Vick’s conflicting, nightclub-exit timeline.

Depending on traffic, Vick might be telling the truth. He and his entourage could’ve been “long gone” when a bullet dropped Quanis Phillips outside the restaurant that hosted Vick’s 30th birthday party.

Vick and his lawyer told police and the media that the Philadelphia quarterback left the scene 10 to 30 minutes before Phillips, a co-defendant in Vick’s dogfighting case, was shot. According to the restaurant owner, video surveillance proves Vick and his crew departed just a few short minutes before bullets were fired from the same direction as Vick’s exiting entourage.

So what? Do we run the QB formerly known as Ron Mexico out of professional football because three minutes felt like 30?

I say no.

NFL commissioner/top cop Roger Goodell should not bail out the Philadelphia Eagles by taking action against the Avon Barksdale of football. The more appropriate punishment would be to leave Vick’s cancerous carcass inside the Philly locker room, a fitting payback for the way the organization treated classy QB Donovan McNabb.

Look, I tried to get on board with the Vick reclamation project. I’m sympathetic to the plight of ex-cons. Re-entry into mainstream society can be very difficult for a parolee. I was proud that Andy Reid and McNabb took on the challenge of trying to rehabilitate Vick.

Things have not worked out. The Eagles kicked my favorite active QB (McNabb) to the curb. And Vick has shown no legitimate commitment to developing as an NFL quarterback. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning don’t have reality TV shows. They also don’t throw “white linen” birthday parties at local nightclubs.

Vick craves street cred more than quarterback credibility. That’s always been his problem.

Remember when Avon Barksdale got sprung from prison in Season 3 of "The Wire"? Stringer Bell (McNabb) had everything laid out for Avon — a plush condo overlooking the harbor, legitimate businesses and a Salt-n-Pepa welcome-home team compliments of Tony Soprano’s Bada Bing.

But that wasn’t enough for Avon. He just had to hear his name ring out on those Baltimore corners. Avon had to take his corners back from Marlo Stanfield. Dumbass.

Vick still wants to be king of the 'hood. He wants his name to ring out in Newport News. Dumbass.

And all of his defenders/enablers are just as stupid.

What’s always bothered me about Vick is that he’s far more beloved in the black community than McNabb. It’s mind-boggling to me.

No QB in the history of the league has done more damage to the reputation of and the opportunities afforded to black quarterbacks than Michael Vick. And I say that knowing full well that as you read this, JaMarcus Russell is likely somewhere scarfing down hot wings at an all-you-can-eat buffet while wearing $2 million in designer jewelry.

Vick is a nightmare. When he wasn’t setting fire to his groupie conquests as Ron Mexico, he was bunkered in his estate smoking kush and mastering Xbox Madden football. In his spare time, he trained dogs to maim and fight. He hoodwinked Arthur Blank into a $100-million payday and then went to jail.

And we wonder why NFL management (Jeff Ireland) chooses to ignore common decency and bombard young black kids (Dez Bryant) with insulting pre-draft questions.

They’re afraid of getting in bed with the next Michael Vick. But he’s a hero, a ghetto icon.

And McNabb is a sellout or soft. McNabb is constantly blasted by media idiots who think he needs to engage Terrell Owens, DeSean Jackson or some other diva receiver in verbal warfare. The idiots believe an emotional tantrum would be a show of “leadership” by McNabb. Dumbasses.

McNabb’s close relationship/partnership with Andy Reid was leadership. The partnership McNabb builds with Mike Shanahan in Washington is the kind of leadership that will create opportunities for other black QBs.

McNabb has spent more than a decade in the league focused on doing the things necessary to become a Super Bowl-winning quarterback. He’s never been properly appreciated by the people his conduct directly benefits. The NAACP in Philadelphia criticized McNabb for transitioning into a dropback passer.

Philly deserves Michael Vick. The city had one of the league’s best for 11 years and never demanded that Eagles management consistently support him with top-flight personnel.

And maybe we (black folks) deserve Vick, too. We shower him with undying loyalty even though his actions undermine our progress.
    Pretty much my feelings on the jerk. Never was impressed with him anyway. Sort of makes Ben's problem less meaningful. And to think that some here were suggesting we sign Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    [HIGH-LIGHT]Pretty much my feelings on the jerk. Never was impressed with him anyway. [/HIGH-LIGHT]Sort of makes Ben's problem less meaningful. And to think that some here were suggesting we sign Vick.
    X2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information