Thread: No need to Panic Steeler Nation...I'm not

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default No need to Panic Steeler Nation...I'm not

No need to Panic Steeler Nation...I'm not
    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...eler-nation-im
    7103_dull_blue-ish_background_tiny by JokerPace on Jun 30, 2010 1:32 PM EDT

There's a ton of Steeler fans 'throwing up n their mouths' just a little today cause of the latest string of so-called bad luck that the Pittsburgh Steelers has endured and some of it is justified but at the end of the day, the timing of the discouraging news couldn't have come at a better time of the year than now; that's why I'm as cool as the other side of my computer hard drive....

First off those worrying about these issues that I'm about to lay out below won't have to worry for long cause come July 30th and training camp initiates the football process will begin to take shape, barring any unforseen new training camp injury, and come Game 1 of the NFL regular season all should be at 100% ready to explode at Heinz Field

MIKE TOMLIN
    ...will and should have a new long term deal done very soon, (I predict they will announce his resigning within 2 weeks of this posting)...so don't panic

SANTONIO HOLMES & LIMAS SWEED
    ...between Mike Wallace, Randle-El, Arnaz Battle, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown and whoeva else puts on a WR jersey should more than adequately take up the yards and catches that will be loss between the two castoffs (I predict Wallace and Sanders to emerge as Stars)....so don't panic!

DEFENSE...u think a Dick Lebeau defense is goin to have back-to-back 'down' years in productivity, if u think that then you haven't been a steeler fan for very long, I expect dominance from the D this year and (I predict Troy P to pick up his first of 2 Defensive player of the year awards)....don't panic!

OFFENSIVE LINE...up until this past Monday when Colon went down for the year with an achilles injury this unit was shaping up to be a **** good solid line (with Hartwig coming into camp fully healthy and our first round pick Pouncey projected to push for the starting RG position); and its still has the potential to be a solid-forceful unit! Its early enough in the learning-unification process for the Steeler coaches to insert a new RT and still get a nice tight bond throughout training camp. I when I say new RT I'm not talking about some old-has been from a another team. (I predict the dark horse talent of Ramon Foster will win RT position in camp with Scott as his back-up, Essex will continue to back up whoeva starts at RG which I think will be the rookie first rounder).....btw, W.Colon was a good Guard but not a great Guard-he was great run blocker and a average pass blocker, never the less.....don't panic!

FINALLY....this last panic-concern that I refuse to worry over is the most important position on the team.....

QUARTERBACK... yes I know Big Ben's 4 game absence will be HUGE (I'm saying 4 cause I got a good gut feeling Ben will continue to be on good behavior and the Goodell Commish will reduce it from 6 to 4 right before or during training camp) but it is what it is, I'm dealing with Ben's loss as if its a 4 game injury loss and we'll get him back after the bye week. I expect Leftwich and if need be Dixon to step up to the plate and perform as needed, both of these guys know how to play Steeler Ball and they shouldn't be held to no lower standard than Roethlisberger. With that being said I would love for a 4-0 start of the season but I'll take 2-2. If the Steelers have that type of season record as Ben comes back from suspension then that's more than manageable for the best QB n the game (I predict the Steelers will be 3-1 heading in to Big Ben's return and once he gets back under center he will have a great season and lead the Black & Gold to a first round playoff bye...Ben has much to prove this season, on and off the field, and I make it a habit to never bet against the Best crunch-time Closer in the NFL)....SO, DON'T PANIC!

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: No need to Panic Steeler Nation...I'm not

Gawd! I wish the season would start already!!!

Threads : 122

Maybe with the lack of WR depth Arians will finally figure out he has a 6'7" pass catching TE to go with his other stud pass catch TE for redzone work.

Threads : 60

MIKE TOMLIN...will and should have a new long term deal done very soon, (I predict they will announce his resigning within 2 weeks of this posting)...so don't panic

Not going to happen. He will enter the last year of his contract unsigned and rightfully so. I am starting to believe the Rooney's have about as much faith in Mike as I do. He will clearly enter the final season without an extension and we will be looking for a new head coach in 2011.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MIKE TOMLIN...will and should have a new long term deal done very soon, (I predict they will announce his resigning within 2 weeks of this posting)...so don't panic

Not going to happen. He will enter the last year of his contract unsigned and rightfully so. I am starting to believe the Rooney's have about as much faith in Mike as I do. He will clearly enter the final season without an extension and we will be looking for a new head coach in 2011.
    huh

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    huh
    Tell me you're not surprised by what he said.Should be par for the course by now.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Tell me you're not surprised by what he said.Should be par for the course by now.
    I lean towards LVG's POV on this one, but probably for a different reason. I don't hate Tomlin, I just think he is in over his head and doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach so he just tries to bull**** his way through to cover his ineptitude.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    I lean towards LVG's POV on this one, but probably for a different reason. I don't hate Tomlin, I just think he is in over his head and doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach so he just tries to bull**** his way through to cover his ineptitude.
    Darn it Kinsar, once again you set out to describe Tomlin and you ended up describing my work tactics!!!
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post

I don't hate Mike Tomlin to the point I want to see him dead or anything like that. I mean, he can probably be an effective assistant to an assistant in the league somewhere.

As for being a head coach of the Steelers I fell the same way you do.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Maybe with the lack of WR depth Arians will finally figure out he has a 6'7" pass catching TE to go with his other stud pass catch TE for redzone work.
    What are you talking about? We have a very deep WR core. The only issue is we have one legit starter and we shall see who steps up to claim the top spots. I am mainly only worried about the O-line at this point but that is a familiar worry and it hasn't held us back before anyway.

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Arians gets his head out and actually uses the TE Heath Miller is going to have a monster season. He is an all star who gets no recognition because Heath is such a good blocker they have to keep him in to help due to a terrible Oline. Hopefully that changes this year and Heath has a fantastic Pro Bowl type year.

BTW Lasvegasguy, does that lady in the photo live in Las Vegas as well? Very nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information