Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a positive note...

Threads : 122

Default On a positive note...

On a positive note, with the Pirates losing again last night in extra's, we are now only 3 games out of last place in the entire MLB. Baltimore is on a hot streak and has won 2 games in a row to give them 59 losses while we have 56.

On a sour note though, Baltimore is playing Texas which has real potential to give them 2 more losses heading into the break. Lets hope we see some real ****ty play from Ryan Church, Doumit, Milledge, and Cedeno over the next two games to offset any gains the youngsters show in their development. My hopes are we can pull down two more losses by the break so the Ori-holes don't gain any ground in the Anthony Rendon race to last place.

Let's go Brew Crew you ****ing pieces of monkey ****!

Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice: Rendon heads into the summer as the best bat in the Class of 2011. He should hit for average and plenty of power. He's got great discipline at the plate and the ball just jumps off of his bat. He gets good marks for his defense at third as well, with excellent range, hands, and arm strength from the hot corner. He has the chance to be a true impact player in the big leagues.

Move Pedro to 1B and Jones to RF. Maybe Rendon and Sanchez can debut near the same time and Allie and Taillon not far behind! Rudy Owens, Morris, Alderson, Justin Wilson, Locke might move up by that time too so they can compete with our current starters to form a half decent starting rotation. Maybe we will totally shock everyone and home grow a rotation that could compare to the Braves rotation back in the day.

So for the rest of this year, cheer your *** off for the youngsters to kick *** and learn every day but lose like hell on their way to the worst record in baseball.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: On a positive note...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a positive note, with the Pirates losing again last night in extra's, we are now only 3 games out of last place in the entire MLB. Baltimore is on a hot streak and has won 2 games in a row to give them 59 losses while we have 56.

On a sour note though, Baltimore is playing Texas which has real potential to give them 2 more losses heading into the break. Lets hope we see some real ****ty play from Ryan Church, Doumit, Milledge, and Cedeno over the next two games to offset any gains the youngsters show in their development. My hopes are we can pull down two more losses by the break so the Ori-holes don't gain any ground in the Anthony Rendon race to last place.

Let's go Brew Crew you ****ing pieces of monkey ****!

Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice: Rendon heads into the summer as the best bat in the Class of 2011. He should hit for average and plenty of power. He's got great discipline at the plate and the ball just jumps off of his bat. He gets good marks for his defense at third as well, with excellent range, hands, and arm strength from the hot corner. He has the chance to be a true impact player in the big leagues.

Move Pedro to 1B and Jones to RF. Maybe Rendon and Sanchez can debut near the same time and Allie and Taillon not far behind! Rudy Owens, Morris, Alderson, Justin Wilson, Locke might move up by that time too so they can compete with our current starters to form a half decent starting rotation. Maybe we will totally shock everyone and home grow a rotation that could compare to the Braves rotation back in the day.

[HIGH-LIGHT]So for the rest of this year, cheer your *** off for the youngsters to kick *** and learn every day but lose like hell on their way to the worst record in baseball[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    ...yeah...sad to think that way, but its true.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Location : Pirates fan trapped 11 CTA stops north of Wrigley Field
    Threads : 72
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So for the rest of this year, cheer your *** off for the youngsters to kick *** and learn every day but lose like hell on their way to the worst record in baseball.
    Never. Never in a million ****ing years! I could not call myself a Pirates' fan if I did.

Yes, it's too bad we didn't stink enough to land Strasburg or Harper. Tough ****!

And, BTW, I'm completely sick up and fed of this "Rendon" horse****. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now, before the season was even HALF OVER!

"Let's drop a few more games, so we can..."

"Well, we lose again. One more game closer to..."

I say, wholeheartedly, **** THAT NOISE!

There's no guarantee that Rendon will still be the #1 pick an entire ****ing year from now. He could get injured, or have a shiite season. There could be someone else make great strides and surpass him.

This whole "Let's dump some games" attitude is horse**** at best, and unethical (and illegal) at worst.

Yes, we're not going anywhere this season (and next, as far as that goes), but this bullcrap is just that. BULLCRAP. Rendon is NOT the franchise's Saviour, so knock it the **** off.

***(Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Professional driver on closed test track. California slightly lower. Do not attempt at home. Past history is not a guarantee of future results. Consult with your doctor before beginning this or any similar program. Not intended for use by minors. Void where prohibited by law. Local taxes may be applied. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If pain persists, seek medical attention. These claims have not been verified by the FDA. Use only under adult supervision. Use only as recommended. Warranty neither given nor implied. Failure to follow directions may result in injury or death. May cause redness, itching, chafing, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, and/or unexpected drop in blood pressure. May be fatal if ingested.)
    Last edited by cocktailsfor2; Jul-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Free your *** and your mind will follow.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cocktailsfor2 View Post
    Never. Never in a million ****ing years! I could not call myself a Pirates' fan if I did.

Yes, it's too bad we didn't stink enough to land Strasburg or Harper. Tough ****!

And, BTW, I'm completely sick up and fed of this "Rendon" horse****. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now, before the season was even HALF OVER!

***[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3]

There's no guarantee that Rendon will still be the #1 pick an entire ****ing year from now. He could get injured, or have a shiite season. There could be someone else make great strides and surpass him.

This whole "Let's dump some games" attitude is horse**** at best, and unethical (and illegal) at worst.

Yes, we're not going anywhere this season (and next, as far as that goes), but this bullcrap is just that. BULLCRAP. Rendon is NOT the franchise's Saviour, so knock it the **** off.

Make no mistake about it, I'm a BIG fan of Rendon's skills (he reminds me of Evan Longoria, almost to a t), and would like NOTHING more than to have him in the organization. However, be ****ed if I'm rooting for the Pirates to lose. **** that.
    Last edited by TX Longhorn; Jul-11-2010 at 02:33 AM.
    Listen Live, Every Thursday Night at 10 PM Eastern Time

Hidden Content (in progress)

Hidden Content

Threads : 5

Quote Originally Posted by cocktailsfor2 View Post

***(Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Professional driver on closed test track. California slightly lower. Do not attempt at home. Past history is not a guarantee of future results. Consult with your doctor before beginning this or any similar program. Not intended for use by minors. Void where prohibited by law. Local taxes may be applied. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If pain persists, seek medical attention. These claims have not been verified by the FDA. Use only under adult supervision. Use only as recommended. Warranty neither given nor implied. Failure to follow directions may result in injury or death. May cause redness, itching, chafing, eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, and/or unexpected drop in blood pressure. May be fatal if ingested.)

Even if it helps us get better by getting the first pick in the draft, I just can't see rooting for my team to lose. With baseball, I just don't see ONE person making the team (in the Pirates case) a contender. One person could make a possibly contending team into a contender, but not improve a team by 20-25 wins. I pretty much knew we were going to be taking a lot (and I mean a lot) of lumps this year. we should be used to it by now, unfortunately.

Rooting for them to lose...and accepting the fact that they are going to lose and hoping for Rendon are completely different things.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Rooting for them to lose...and accepting the fact that they are going to lose and hoping for Rendon are completely different things.
    I respectfully disagree. CF2 was right on the money.

Threads : 122

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Abso-****ing-lutely. It isn't going to make me feel like a winner if we finish 2nd to dead last in the entire league. How good would the Pens be if they had second picks with Crosby and Malkin sitting there? How good would the Pirates be looking for the future if they had Weiters, Harper, and Strasburg under contract?

If praying for those 5 or so more wins makes you sleep better at night cause you feel confident in your fandom then more power to you. I want the best players they can get cause I sure as **** know they aren't going to get players that caliber in free agency.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jackie Bradley JR of South Carolina University! That's who the Pirates need. The dude was MR Clutch this year in the CWS, and I realize he's a sophmore.. but the Pirates need to grab this guy in a draft. He's going to be a star...and probably end his career with the Yankees with 5 or more championships.

Threads : 413

Did I mention that I HATE THE ****ING BREWERS? (That one's for you skipperon)

The bullpen all year has been our only bright spot. Today we get some hitting. Come back from a tie game to take the lead, not once but twice, and STILL ****ing get beat on a WO HR against Dotel.

There, feel much better now.

Threads : 12

According to Huntington and Russell, the Pirates are almost there.

"We're moving in the right direction, but we need to figure out how to start winning," general manager Neal Huntington said.

"It's just a matter of putting it all together," Russell said. "Right now, things aren't going well at all for us, obviously, but that's going to change. I know I keep saying this, but it seems like we're right there."

The Pirates are 11-32 in their last 43 games, so obviously this team is ready to break out on a major winning streak.

Threads : 21

We should trade Duke,Doumit,Donnely,Lopez and finish this rebuld with the kids. We shoud ust watch the young kids and hope for the near future if we get RENDENON in the process then great.

Threads : 24

Quote Originally Posted by DBinAL View Post

"We're moving in the right direction, but we need to figure out how to start winning," general manager Neal Huntington said.

"It's just a matter of putting it all together," Russell said. "Right now, things aren't going well at all for us, obviously, but that's going to change. I know I keep saying this, but it seems like we're right there."

The Pirates are 11-32 in their last 43 games, so obviously this team is ready to break out on a major winning streak.
    I wish I could be the proverbial fly on the wall when these two discuss how the season has gone so far.

Threads : 197

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    Jackie Bradley JR of South Carolina University! That's who the Pirates need. The dude was MR Clutch this year in the CWS, and I realize he's a sophmore.. but the Pirates need to grab this guy in a draft. He's going to be a star...and probably end his career with the Yankees with 5 or more championships.
    Word out of Team USA camp is that he looks like there's a chance he can play his way into the top 10 picks. He struggled with wood bats last year, but seems to have figured something out now. He's still under-sized and tends to chase fastballs, though.

Rendon has apparently been unimpressive out there before turning it on recently, but most scouts aren't too worried about it. His swing is still there, but he had just been off.
    Last edited by jnn123; Jul-12-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DBinAL View Post

I understand that they have to say some of these things, but I am losing more faith the longer this management team continues to let JR trot Ryan Church out there instead of giving Lastings a shot.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information