View Poll Results: Name the thread.

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Viz's Dumpster Bar & Grill

    2 66.67%
  • Seadog and Viz "Sports Bar and Grill"

    0 0%
  • Who cares I just want a beer

    1 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

      
  1. #1
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    (1) Viz's Dumpster Bar & Grill

    (2) Seadog and Viz "Sports Bar and Grill"

    (3) Who cares I just want a beer.

    I spoke with NKy by telephone and this poll will matter.

    PS; I am biased due to Viz being so charitable and sharing. It was originally The Dumpster. Also because Seadog very rarely participates. If I may persuade lets go back to the original.

  2. #2
    Viz-id/Vigilancer's Avatar
    Status : Viz-id/Vigilancer is offline
    Rank : 3rd Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 824
    Threads : 30
    Last Online : Oct-25-2010 @ 04:17 PM

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    WY good friend,
    I do appreciate the gesture, although I'm inclined to believe that the number of participants with this poll will be very few.
    You and Crossbones have been frequent visiters, but the interest of other individual postings have been almost NULL.
    This saddens me as I enjoy a friendly participation and "the more the merrier" is really something that doesn't exist here or there with the (BAR thread).
    I'll not cast a vote as; [like you say] I'm a go along with the majority sort of guy.
    I named the Dumpster thread BECAUSE the Seadog hadn't entered the forum and I waited, and waited for him to start the thread.
    The Seadog Bar & Grill had been so popular in the past, YET I didn't want to steal the idea from a fellow member.
    Although the Seadog was NOT A MEMBER for some time after I opened the Dumpster Bar thread!

    I'LL REMAIN NEUTRAL, FOR NOW .... I'll only reply;
    Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)

  3. #3
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Dude, it's offseason for the Steelers. Also the thread needs some promotion! Let's give some thought to ways to draw more visitors to the Dumpster. Hell we wouldn't just lay down for flat attendance at a real bar. I don't know how or what just yet. But we can liven things up here. Then as people get to know each other the attendance will grow and stabilize. Believe it. Remember, the Trib board was up a long time allowing people to get acquainted. We are still pretty new here Viz, people need time to become buddies and chat.

  4. #4
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    How about The Pegasus?




  5. #5
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    I dunno Sweetchuck... kinda sounds like a gay bar.

  6. #6
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno Sweetchuck... kinda sounds like a gay bar.
    By George, I think he's got it !!!



    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ittsburgh.html

    (for the record, I never heard about this place until Kip brought it up - and I've never been there. Alright, I went in once just to see what the big deal was all about. Ok twice, I was really thirsty.)


  7. #7
    Viz-id/Vigilancer's Avatar
    Status : Viz-id/Vigilancer is offline
    Rank : 3rd Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 824
    Threads : 30
    Last Online : Oct-25-2010 @ 04:17 PM

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    I call my penis the original GI Jo-Peck .
    This is my rifle and this is my gun
    this is for fighting, this is for FUN
    This guy walks into a bar and two steps in, he realizes it's a gay bar. "But what the heck," he says, "I really want a drink."

    When the gay waiter approaches, he says to the customer, "What's the name of your penis?"

    The customer says, "Look, I'm not into any of that. All I want is a drink."

    The gay waiter says, "I'm sorry but I can't serve you until you tell me the name of your penis. Mine for instance is called 'Nike,' for the slogan, 'Just Do It.' That guy down at the end of the bar calls his 'Snickers,' because 'It really Satisfies."

    The customer looks dumbfounded so the bartender tells him he will give him a second to think it over. The customer asks the man sitting to his left, who is sipping on a beer, "Hey bud, what's the name of your penis?"

    The man looks back and says with a smile, "TIMEX."

    The thirsty customer asks, "Why Timex?"

    The fella proudly replies, "Cause it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!"

    A little shaken, the customer turns to the fella on his right, who is sipping a fruity Margarita and says, "So, what do you call your penis?"

    The man turns to him and proudly exclaims, "FORD, because 'Quality is Job 1.' " Then he adds, "Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

    Even more shaken, the customer has to think for a moment before he comes up with a name for his penis. Finally, he turns to the bartender and exclaims, "The name of my penis is 'Secret.' Now give me my beer."

    The bartender begins to pour the customer a beer, but with a puzzled look asks, "Why secret?"

    The customer says, "Because it's STRONG ENOUGH FOR A MAN, BUT MADE FOR A WOMAN!"

  8. #8
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By George, I think he's got it !!!



    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ittsburgh.html

    (for the record, I never heard about this place until Kip brought it up - and I've never been there. Alright, I went in once just to see what the big deal was all about. Ok twice, I was really thirsty.)

    All of those freak places down on Liberty Avenue are more scarier behind the walls. I only went in the Pegasus to inspect the gas meters as I was doing all of Pittsburgh at that time and every meter sat in a basement or some back *** room... Let's just say, the movie 8mm didn't seem so weird and far fetched.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  9. #9
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    I went with Vote 3 because IMO, the name should be what Viz wants it to be and I'd be glad to allow his preference be my vote.

    Like WY said, it's the summer season. I have what? 16,000 posts and probably 15,000 were made prior to June The summer season has everyone busy with commitments or trying to enjoy the weather before it's gone...

    The talk will build up and I'm working on some in forum promoting ideas with all of the Pick-Em's coming up with football season starting, I'm going to pimp out some flash banners of some sort and I was thinking of doing one for the "whatever the name decides to be" theread as well to call interest!
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  10. #10
    Viz-id/Vigilancer's Avatar
    Status : Viz-id/Vigilancer is offline
    Rank : 3rd Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 824
    Threads : 30
    Last Online : Oct-25-2010 @ 04:17 PM

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    The original naming for the thread was as follows:

    [HIGH-LIGHT]Enter The DUMPSTER Sports Bar and Grill [/HIGH-LIGHT]

    As evidence to the pic; you never know what you'll find inside .



  11. #11
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    How about the Blue Oyster?Weird that there is a poll out to determine the name of an online bar.

  12. #12
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about the Blue Oyster?Weird that there is a poll out to determine the name of an online bar.
    It's important **** Les
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  13. #13
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went with Vote 3 because IMO, the name should be what Viz wants it to be and I'd be glad to allow his preference be my vote.
    I'm good with whatever Viz wants also! That's what I hoped to accomplish.

  14. #14
    Sweetchuck's Avatar
    Status : Sweetchuck is offline
    Rank : The Elite
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : You need a ****ing canoe to get to it.
    Posts : 3,100
    Threads : 137
    Last Online : Jan-22-2014 @ 04:02 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viz-id/Vigilancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The original naming for the thread was as follows:

    [HIGH-LIGHT]Enter The DUMPSTER Sports Bar and Grill [/HIGH-LIGHT]

    As evidence to the pic; you never know what you'll find inside .


    I'd hit that....

  15. #15
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What Is The Best Name For Our Bar Thread?

    Sweetchuck you're incorrigible. I like that about you.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •