Thread: Most Hated and Controversial Sports Figures

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Most Hated and Controversial Sports Figures

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/spo...=faces#slide=4

#4 - Ben Roethlisberger

He should be a God in Pittsburgh. The man has won two Super Bowls, but has also been accused of sexual assault by two different women -- one in Las Vegas, one in Georgia. Teammates have said he needs to get his head back in the game, and even Steelers' legend Terry Bradshaw said he was "learning not to like him." Many Pittsburgh fans are beginning to feel the same way, saying they believe it's time for "Big Ben" to pack his bags.

Threads : 0

Default Re: Most Hated and Controversial Sports Figures

This "list" is rediculous for more than one reason. First off the words hated and controversial are two totally different words and mean completely opposite things. You can have a list for each, but you can't put them both together. Makes sense that Ben is behind OJ. I mean murdering your wife and having sex are basically the same thing.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by threeriversburghblog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off the words hated and controversial are two totally different words and mean completely opposite things. You can have a list for each, but you can't put them both together.
    Bingo.... Agreed....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by threeriversburghblog View Post
    This "list" is rediculous for more than one reason. First off the words hated and controversial are two totally different words and mean completely opposite things. You can have a list for each, but you can't put them both together. Makes sense that Ben is behind OJ. I mean[HIGH-LIGHT] murdering your wife and having sex are basically the same thing[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    Have sex with her 1st, then murder her. Unless of course you like your women to literally "just lay there"

Threads : 277

That's a "cutting" comment about OJ!!

Threads : 60

I think Harding should be before Ben. They also forgot to include Bellicheat is a creep on top of a cheat. Ben tried to snag some drunk chick wow, no one ever tried that before. I don't believe the McNulty chick and I kinda have to believe the Georgia girl must have been flirting during her drinking.
    If girls don't know by now guys try to loosen them up with drinks then she is either really stupid or hit her head and came up with a good story.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shouldn't this dead horse be buried by now instead of still being beaten. What Ben did and where may not have been smart, but the adjectives hated and controversial don't really fit.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 26

this is a crap list,the murderers lewis ,little and caruth were not included.i would think think killing people would be controversial because killing dogs made #20.depending on what he does with the rest of his life,stallworth could be added to this list.then there's always packman, where only a wheelchair for life is involved.I do not follow other sports so I cannot comment on the other people on the list.
    Last edited by VtSteeler; Jul-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    Many Pittsburgh fans are beginning to feel the same way, saying they believe it's time for "Big Ben" to pack his bags.
    We/'re not always known for being the brightest bulbs in the country. I guess people would rather go back to the Kent Graham/Bubby Brister days. They were good 'ol boys with squeaky clean images and non-existent crime records. They may have had major flaws throwing a football, throwing to the right uniform and reading defenses but hey! they weren't getting in trouble.

Good/Franchise Quarter Backs don't grow on trees. The Steelers have 3 for their entire existence and one of them they let go before he ever had a chance (Unitas). Isn't it an annual thing to ***** about the Pirates "getting rid of all of their good players"? It doesn't matter why, getting rid of talent that is hard to replace is always going to be getting rid of talent that is hard to replace.

I'll continue to stand by the same beliefs as I've had since the beginning of this fiasco with Ben... The guy is a moron. I don't blame anyone for burning his jersey or parents from allowing their kids to idolize him. That's good. It would be nice to see that happen in regards to every athlete that finds a way to **** and be a poor role model and inspirational figure... but this isn't a Soap Opera or a movie,. Character Flaws or not, this is a game and to win games and be the best you need the best athletes and players. Football and any sport is a game. It's entertainment. I watch it to see wins and championships, not to pretend that Im 7 years old and latch onto current players and idolize them. Just win some games. Ben without question is our best option by a mile to achieve that, so despite his many screw ups and immaturity, I'd rather have him QB the team than us go through a season with Byron Leftwich or even worse Kordell-lite = Dennis Dixon
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 164

Yeah how silly is it too hate someone you haven't even met???

JUST WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE:

*SHAKING FIST ANGRILY*
    I HATE THEM SO MUCH...
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 70

I cannot believe that John Rocker made this list!!! I loved this guy! Granted, I'm no homophobe or racist, but this is some FUNNY ****ing ****:

“It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through next to some kid with hair, next to some ***** with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?”

Tell us how you really feel Rocker! LOL!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information