Thread: The Annual Plunk-a-Brewer Thread

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Annual Plunk-a-Brewer Thread

Anyone think Fielder needs plunked in his first at bat tonight....after the excessively high forearms to Kratz's head during a collision at the plate Thursday evening?

Kratz is 6'4 and fielder came in very high and hard....fielder went flying, spun kratz around....but kratz remained on his feet...then took a brief glare at Fielder.

I love the physical nature of the game and do not mind the collisions...however Fielder went out of hsi way to extend way up in attempt to injur....not exactly jar the ball loose.

It's time to get dirty and stir things up a little...and who better than these ego f n punk brewers.....of course thye do it to themselves every year....bunch of ego lil punks who think they are good, but have never done anything.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Annual Plunk-a-Brewer Thread

Yes, I believe that Prince Fielder should get a fastball to the head at every at bat.

Unfortunately we play the Padres tomorrow night and the next time we play Milwaukee who knows... he might not be with his butt buddy Braun.

On a side note, when I saw that play.... had Barry Bonds made that throw that Lastings Milledge made, Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera wouldn't be a bad memory
    Last edited by Kipper; Jul-23-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 197

If you pay attention there's been an article just about every week this season about how Ken Macha is sick of Fielder and Weeks getting hit by opposing pitchers. It's funny when they talk about Weeks in particular because Weeks gets hit on purpose. He's one of those guys like a Jason Kendall or a Craig Wilson or a Chase Utley who likes to use the HBP as an offensive weapon. He likes to stand in close to the plate, wears the armor on his elbow, and never gets out of the way. The two options for the pitcher are to stay away and let him hurt you or come in once in a while and risk hitting him. If he doesn't get hit by all of those pitches his on base percentage drops about 40 points. It has a lot more to do with him than it does the pitchers. If you're going to hit someone on purpose Weeks is probably the worst candidate because that's a free base runner with Corey Hart, Ryan Braun, and Prince Fielder hitting behind him. It just doesn't seem like a great idea. Hitting Fielder on purpose makes a lot more sense because the lineup kind of weakens back there with just Casey McGehee and two guys with sub-.700 OPSes behind him. Some of it is just that he's a huge target and can't get out of the way, though.

Fielder has been described by some as the largest vegetarian since the brontosaurus.

Threads : 23

F N midnight shift crap....I can't keep my days straight....sorry.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fielder is a punk, pure and simple.

That play came after he started yelling at the crew chief for handing out warnings after Coffey threw behind Tabata.

Why does fat boy always get a free pass?
    He should have been ejected for throwing his forearms at Kratz's face.

Thank god Kratz is a house and made Fat Boy look like a punk with his face in the dirt.

By the way Fielder is a vegetarian!!
    Someone should tell him he's not supposed to eat all of his veggies deep fried.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 158

Jason Kendall is awesome at it. I once saw him get HBP on a ball low and away.

Threads : 61

This is why I don't like batters wearing all that armor. It allows for such cheap tactics. I think you have to do one of two things: 1. Don't allow batters to wear all the extra padding 2. Allow them to wear the padding, but do not allow them to take it off once they're on base. If you're going to bat with a big clunky shin pad, you should have to the bases with a big clumsy shin pad. That might make the speed demons think twice about wearing something extra to slow them down.

I am NOT a big fan of collisions at the plate. It allows for the kind of cheap **** that Fielder pulled. Baseball is not a contact sport. If the ball beats you to to plate, you deserve to be out. Why reward someone like Fielder for being such a fat ***? The catcher's pads are meant to protect him from foul tips, or stray pitches, NOT collisions.

Threads : 45

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I don't like batters wearing all that armor. It allows for such cheap tactics. I think you have to do one of two things: 1. Don't allow batters to wear all the extra padding 2. Allow them to wear the padding, but do not allow them to take it off once they're on base. If you're going to bat with a big clunky shin pad, you should have to the bases with a big clumsy shin pad. That might make the speed demons think twice about wearing something extra to slow them down.

I am NOT a big fan of collisions at the plate. It allows for the kind of cheap **** that Fielder pulled. Baseball is not a contact sport. If the ball beats you to to plate, you deserve to be out. Why reward someone like Fielder for being such a fat ***? The catcher's pads are meant to protect him from foul tips, or stray pitches, NOT collisions.
    There's a big difference between shin guards and elbow and forearm pads. The shin guards are for foul balls to stop the fouling off of balls on your instep. The forearm and elbow armor allows to lean out over the plate.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    There's a big difference between shin guards and elbow and forearm pads. The shin guards are for foul balls to stop the fouling off of balls on your instep. The forearm and elbow armor allows to lean out over the plate.
    Let's not forget the king of "I'll wear armor and then let everyone drill me."

http://padresteve.files.wordpress.co...rrybonds20.jpg

And as a bonus... while I was looking for a picture of Bonds I came across this one which is too good to pass up.

Looks like my picture of Andy whiffing is getting replaced.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...rry-bonds2.jpg
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    If you pay attention there's been an article just about every week this season about how Ken Macha is sick of Fielder and Weeks getting hit by opposing pitchers. It's funny when they talk about Weeks in particular because Weeks gets hit on purpose. He's one of those guys like a Jason Kendall or a Craig Wilson or a Chase Utley who likes to use the HBP as an offensive weapon. He likes to stand in close to the plate, wears the armor on his elbow, and never gets out of the way. The two options for the pitcher are to stay away and let him hurt you or come in once in a while and risk hitting him. If he doesn't get hit by all of those pitches his on base percentage drops about 40 points. It has a lot more to do with him than it does the pitchers. If you're going to hit someone on purpose Weeks is probably the worst candidate because that's a free base runner with Corey Hart, Ryan Braun, and Prince Fielder hitting behind him. It just doesn't seem like a great idea. Hitting Fielder on purpose makes a lot more sense because the lineup kind of weakens back there with just Casey McGehee and two guys with sub-.700 OPSes behind him. Some of it is just that he's a huge target and can't get out of the way, though.

Fielder has been described by some as the largest vegetarian since the brontosaurus.
    I really don't know if Fielder is hit on purpose, because he's a huge fat *** target or what. In any case I enjoy watching him get beaned and wish that more would aim for the head. Strasburg has nice control, wouldn't mind seeing him lift a 100 mph fastball to Fielders head

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post

I could drink to this regarding any other padding except the shin which like indy mentioned was more about protection themselves against foul balls. I agree complete,y that catchers gear isn't football padding. It's not made for collisions. Kratz should've gotten lower at the last second and had fat *** up heeved over head and land hard. Fat people guys like Fielder normally have cushion but they get injured easier because nothing is in good shape

Threads : 2

Quote Originally Posted by wvkeeper View Post
    Jason Kendall is awesome at it. I once saw him get HBP on a ball [HIGH-LIGHT]low and away[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    Now that takes talent.

I'd like to see that one on youtube.

Threads : 61

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I could drink to this regarding any other padding except the shin which like indy mentioned was more about protection themselves against foul balls. I agree complete,y that catchers gear isn't football padding. It's not made for collisions. Kratz should've gotten lower at the last second and had fat *** up heeved over head and land hard. Fat people guys like Fielder normally have cushion but they get injured easier because nothing is in good shape
    Okay, so maybe I'd give in on the shin pad, because speaking from personal experience, a foul ball off the shin or top of the foot does hurt like a *****.

Threads : 6

Weeks and Fielder annoy the heck out of me. I do believe they do it on purpose. If you see a ball about to hit you, move. I watch the pirates dodge balls all the time.

For example, the one day we hit Fielder this week, I can't remember what day it was, he should have moved backwards. Instead, he turned his back toward the pitcher. Plus, it is kind of hard not to hit Fielder, if you know what I mean.

I hope Fielder is traded to the AL (or at least of out NL central) so we won't have to see him as often.

Threads : 197

Sean Gallagher got fined for hitting Rickie Weeks 2 weeks ago. No idea why really. Weeks gets hit all the time. I doubt Gallagher decided he wanted to hit Weeks since he had done nothing to that point in the game.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information