Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noll suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Noll suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

I got a phone call tonight from a friend of mine and he was telling me (this came from my friends doctor)that Chuck is suffering from Alzheimer's to the point where he doesn't even know that he is a 4 time Super Bowl winning HC for our Pittsburgh Steelers, or who he is half the time. This led us to reminisce about Chuck's career and his drafts, particularly the 1974 draft. How lucky we were to have such a great man as our HC for 23 seasons. He took our Steelers from nothing and built the greatest team the NFL has ever seen.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 60

Default Re: Noll suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

Thanks for the info. I kinda thought there was something like health issues revolving around the Emperor. That guy is super smart too I bet and just not about football. It is a shame he never made coach of the year. I can't remember what NFl team owner said this but maybe someone could tell me.

In an interview he said, after Miami beat the Colts ( I think it was these two teams ) in the Super Bowl the Steelers hired Chuck Noll. Chuck came from the losing Super Bowl team and they hired the assistant from the winning Super Bowl team. He said who would have thought that, Chuck from the losing team goes on to win four Super Bowls and he won nothing with his new coach. He then said, go figure.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sad news. I wish him the best with his battle against Alzheimer's.

I can't think of anything that I would dread more than that.

Threads : 186

Stem cell research would nail that disease if all the backward religious freaks were swept aside. He

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Goonatic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stem cell research would nail that disease if all the backward religious freaks were swept aside. He

Exactly!!!

But I made enough trouble today on the board.....so I guess some more won't hurt. **** religious people. We should eat them all and solve world hunger, and hate and war and hypocrisy and............................................... ................

I had better start drinking that Rum I was talking about before I get into a big ole' fight on here tonight.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    Exactly!!!

But I made enough trouble today on the board.....so I guess some more won't hurt. **** religious people. We should eat them all and solve world hunger, and hate and war and hypocrisy and............................................... ................

I had better start drinking that Rum I was talking about before I get into a big ole' fight on here tonight.
    You mean the stuff NKy drinks. Just downright NASTY stuff.

About Noll's condition, I watched my father, his sister and most likely his father suffer from it. I could probably think of a couple of diseases that are worse, but not many. Hopefully I'll still remember how to use my gun when I get it.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I could successfully argue that ALS (Lou Gerhig's Disease) is worse... While Noll doesn't know where he is, those with ALS continue to be cognisent of their surroundings until the muscles that control even their speech and breathing fail...

... As for the religion aspect, it was the one saving grace that kept my mom sane throughout the entire bastardly process, as well as the rest of our family.

It's a shame that he (Noll) is experiencing this... It was just a few days ago that I heard about Dean Smith (UNC) not remembering his former players... All of this is truly tragic.

.... Hell... I need a drink now too.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    You mean the stuff NKy drinks. Just downright NASTY stuff.
    ... Nature's "nectar".... .... But I think he was referring to Rum, not Rumplemintz.... Big difference, as rum is for lightweights. Go 100 proof....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    ... Nature's "nectar".... .... But I think he was referring to Rum, not Rumplemintz.... Big difference, as rum is for lightweights. Go 100 proof....
    Bacardi 8 is as smooth and tasty as an asian hookers inner thighs, yum! (but not nearly as cheap)

Being German, I can down some Jagermeister long after me drinking pals have run home to mama. Course they run home after on shot (luckily, cause I'm a light weight too)....I thought the Irish could drink like fish, but these guys are pussies.

Threads : 88

I seem to recall reading that the Mighty Emperor had, in recent years, seemed more withdrawn from social interaction.

Hope it's not so, but...
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    Bacardi 8 is as smooth and tasty as an asian hookers inner thighs, yum! (but not nearly as cheap)
    ... I HAVE been doing an awful lot of Asian trips the last few months, so your analogy is fully received...

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love me some Jager. I believe I will do a few shots in honor of The Emperor Chaz. I gotta agree Nky, ALS has got to be the worst disease to live with. To gradually lose all muscle control and to know your fate ahead of time is tragic. Reagan once said of Alzheimer's " You may forget a lot of things, but at least you meet new friends everyday ". God bless Chuck Moll and his Family.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 6

As sorry to hear this.

Threads : 31

Noll was suffering alot of physical problems with his back and needed assistance to walk. Unfortunately Alzheimer's is a battle no one seems to win. Chuck Noll is the man I respect more than any other to come out of this sport. I'll pray for him.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker100 View Post
    Noll was suffering alot of physical problems with his back and needed assistance to walk. Unfortunately Alzheimer's is a battle no one seems to win. Chuck Noll is the man I respect more than any other to come out of this sport. I'll pray for him.

You said it about Noll being the most that I respect. Noll was an honorable man in my opinion and a smart guy at that too. My father is everything to me and watching the Noll teams with my father as a kid means more to me than I can describe. My father never speaks unless there is something to say and many times my father wolud praise Noll with the teams he had, how he conducted himself and how he conducted his teams. With that it tells me a lot about Noll and my father. Noll reminds me alot of my father.

I love the interview with Andy Russell when he said some of Nolls first words from his mouth where, I studied the films and I know this teams problems, " your just not that good and I'm going to replace most of yins. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information