Thread: Today's update: Server Host Issue, Not Ours...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Today's update: Server Host Issue, Not Ours...

Hey folks, as some of you are aware, the board was down for several hours late this morning into mid-afternoon...

It was a issue with our server host, not us... They are located in New York City, and apparently lost power for their entire facility...

So with no power on their end, we were dead in the water... Nothing we could do.

... Just so y'all know...
    Last edited by Palmetto Steel; Jul-29-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Server Host Issue, Not Ours...

Dat's Noo Yoik!

If the power failure started in Park Avenue, it was probably Rog Almighty plugging in his electric ego massager.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Today's update: Server Host Issue, Not Ours...

Well folks, it happened again today.... This time even worse....

Here's the scoop.... Our server host, Galaxy Visions, said that the power transformer they installed yesterday, because of the outage, failed today... It took them almost 12 hours to get a generator for back-up power installed.... In Brooklyn, NY!.... Yea, trust me folks, me and Kipper have been SERIOUSLY ****ED about this all day!... But unfortunately, there was nothing we could do about it.

Here's what we are GONNA do about it for the future:... We are going to change our server host, and do it on our own timeframe so as to have it completed well before the start of football... We personally cannot accept this sort of instance as a recurring event.... It is not fair to you, and it is not fair to us... For that reason, things are gonna change.

To most of the board members, you will not notice a thing. We are going to plan, and set the change in such a way that the board will be down for only about an hour or so, and will schedule it for the middle of the night, when most members are NOT on the board.

Quite honestly, I am ****ing tired of apologizing for things that are out of our control. I can only promise you, the board members, that we are doing absolutely everything within our power to provide you a "quality" posting environment. The issues today were completely out of our control, but we are doing everything possible to ensure that they do not happen again... That, I do promise. Kipper is gonna be on this stuff "hard core", and I am gonna do my usual "*****ing" to everyone that will listen via e-mail or phone.... LoL!

...Bear with us, please.... Once again, I apologize.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information