Thread: Firefly/Serenity

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Firefly/Serenity

I ran across this on the Roku and watched it. At 1st I was like, um... maybe its okay then it grew om me and now I love it! Any other Firefly/Serenity fans out there?

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Firefly/Serenity

Never saw the series when it was on,but Serenity is a great Sci-Fi flick.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOVE the series. Watch the whole season in order, well worth it. Cryan ****in shame it got cancelled after one season. The movie is decent.

Threads : 88

What I saw of Firefly was good (I was with my ex at the time and therefore had little time to myself - oddly, she watched the whole series...). I really must go and watch them in order.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOVE the series. Watch the whole season in order, well worth it. Cryan ****in shame it got cancelled after one season. The movie is decent.
    Yes, it is the same thing that happened to my favorite series of all time "Carnivale" Abso****linglutely loved Carnivale, but it was cancelled prematurely. In my opinon it was the greatest series of all time. I think Firefly could have gotten there too if they had kept it on.
    Last edited by kinsar; Jul-29-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    Yes, it is the same thing that happened to my favorite series of all time "Carnivale" Abso****linglutely loved Carnivale, but it was cancelled prematurely. In my opinon it was the greatest series of all time. I think Firefly could have gotten there too if they had kept it on.
    Well it is pretty up there for me anyway because I am a sucker for that type of scifi/fantasy. It is kind of a cross between star trek and star wars but with better characters and actors imo. The way they set up the scene they could almost do another series but I think the movie was a product of the fact that the show was canceled they kinda of tried to wrap it up with the movie instead of several more seasons.

I've always liked Nathan Fillion too.He does the "smartass" character very well and Serenity was no exception.If any of you guys are fans of him and horror/sci-fi,check out the movie Slither.Pretty good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I've always liked Nathan Fillion too.He does the "smartass" character very well and Serenity was no exception.If any of you guys are fans of him and horror/sci-fi,check out the movie Slither.Pretty good stuff!!
    Thanks for the tip Les, I'll have to check out slither.

I'm going to check out Farscape and the new Battlestar Galactica also. I need something to hold me over until Dexter fires up and then something to hold me over in early spring before Breaking Bad starts.

I despise network idiot (reality) programming and rarely ever watch series TV. The exceptions being more offbeat, character driven, moral ambiguity type of stuff....IE Carnivale, Deadwood, Firefly, Dexter, Breaking Bad etc. The problem is that those type of excellent shows don't last long because they don't have the typical gratuitous, moronic, plot excrement that appeals to the masses and sells advertising. So, with that being the case, I mill around from short lived show to short lived show like an itinerant miner looking for fine gold!

Just a side note, I love superhero movies. My all time favorite is the Watchmen, for the same reasons as stated above.

Thanks for the tip Les, I'll have to check out slither.

I'm going to check out Farscape and the new Battlestar Galactica also. I need something to hold me over until Dexter fires up and then something to hold me over in early spring before Breaking Bad starts.

I despise network idiot (reality) programming and rarely ever watch series TV. The exceptions being more offbeat, character driven, moral ambiguity type of stuff....IE Carnivale, Deadwood, Firefly, Dexter, Breaking Bad etc. The problem is that those type of excellent shows don't last long because they don't have the typical gratuitous, moronic, plot excrement that appeals to the masses and sells advertising. So, with that being the case, I mill around from short lived show to short lived show like an itinerant miner looking for fine gold!

Just a side note, I love superhero movies. My all time favorite is the Watchmen, for the same reasons as stated above.
    Slither is very good and can be had very cheap at BestBuy for like 5 bucks.You won't be disappointed.Besides,it has the ultra-hot Elizabeth Banks in it.Thats worth the purchase just for the spank material alone.

Just saw Watchmen a few months ago.Wish all superhero movies were adult-themed like this one was.J.E.H. was GREAT as Rorschach!!

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Slither is very good and can be had very cheap at BestBuy for like 5 bucks.You won't be disappointed.Besides,it has the ultra-hot Elizabeth Banks in it.Thats worth the purchase just for the spank material alone.

Just saw Watchmen a few months ago.Wish all superhero movies were adult-themed like this one was.J.E.H. was GREAT as Rorschach!!
    I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I hear that the book for Watchmen is outstanding.

I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I hear that the book for Watchmen is outstanding.
    I've had that book in my hand probably 20 times at the bookstore throughout the years and never bought it.I've heard that it is the BEST period.

Threads : 88

The Watchmen series was a cracker. I used to have the original episodic run, but that seems to have vanished (along with a few other issues).

Treat yourself!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 0
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nathan Filippan or however you spell his name, is now the leader on the ABC tv show "Castle."
    November is Here!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Nathan Filippan or however you spell his name, is now the leader on the ABC tv show "Castle."
    Yes! Fantastic show too if nobody has caught it. Was a mid season replacement for something in 2009. It has that "Moonlighting" meets Hardcastle and McCormack type feel to it. It's nice seeing police shows being a little different after the Jerry Bruckheimer saturating of NYPD immiatations (csi's etc..)
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information