Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ravens weakest position is CB and they lose starter, D. Foxworth, for the Season

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Ravens weakest position is CB and they lose starter, D. Foxworth, for the Season

WESTMINSTER, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens starting cornerback Domonique Foxworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Thursday's practice and will miss the coming season.

The veteran was hurt Thursday during an informal practice period. Coach John Harbaugh said Friday that Foxworth tore his ACL without being touched.

Foxworth had four interceptions last season.

His injury is another setback for Baltimore's defensive backfield. Fabian Washington and Lardarius Webb are dealing with injuries and safety Ed Reed, who had hip surgery in the offseason, will start the season on the physically unable to perform list.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Ravens weakest position is CB and they lose starter, D. Foxworth, for the Sea

Bwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The odds are starting to level out a little in our division. Mind you, it's seldom going to be easy, but hey - we can take just a little from this, right?

That's a leaky secondary (assuming they have anyone left) and they might need to bring someone in to shore it up a little. I would expect them to kick ol' Deshea's tyres.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Default Re: The Ravens weakest position is CB and they lose starter, D. Foxworth, for the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The odds are starting to level out a little in our division. Mind you, it's seldom going to be easy, but hey - we can take just a little from this, right?

That's a leaky secondary (assuming they have anyone left) and they might need to bring someone in to shore it up a little. I would expect them to kick ol' Deshea's tyres.
    Yeah with Ed Reed a big question mark with his neck (he thought about retiring) and now down a starting corner, its hard to win big time with the likes of Dewayne Washington, Chad Scott and Lee Flowers and Brent alexander roaming the secondary

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    Yeah with Ed Reed a big question mark with his neck (he thought about retiring) and now down a starting corner, its hard to win big time with the likes of Dewayne Washington, Chad Scott and Lee Flowers and Brent alexander roaming the secondary

It's crazy to think about how quickly a teams strength can turn into a weakness. With the Jets having had raped the Defense of good players and coaches last season, the Ravens defense looks like the weak spot on the team. Ball control clock eating offense is about all that can hide a lack of talent defense like the Ravens. I'd be throwing 30+ times per game on that **** *** secondary and taking the run game away from the Rats and forcing Flacco to beat you
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WESTMINSTER, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens starting cornerback Domonique Foxworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Thursday's practice and will miss the coming season.
    I really HATE SO MUCH (get the connection, bdeff... LoL) to root for injury, even if it is a division foe... But quite honestly, this is obviously a good thing for us... It may not be a popular stance, but Flacco got a few new targets this offseason, and is a much more formidable opponent... So I'll take any advantage/leveller we can get...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I really HATE SO MUCH (get the connection, bdeff... LoL) to root for injury, even if it is a division foe... But quite honestly, this is obviously a good thing for us... It may not be a popular stance, but Flacco got a few new targets this offseason, and is a much more formidable opponent... So I'll take any advantage/leveller we can get...
    Personally I want Joe Flacco throwing the ball more than the Ravens running the ball more. their strength is with their running backs and Offensive Line. the more Flacco throws IMO the better off for everyone

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Personally I want Joe Flacco throwing the ball more than the Ravens running the ball more. their strength is with their running backs and Offensive Line. the more Flacco throws IMO the better off for everyone
    Agreed... But the combination (and possible more accuracy with quality targets) is an issue for any defense, including ours. Flacco ain't all that bad, and given some targets (Boldin, etc...) it could be a problem... I won't lie that it has me slightly worried... If their defense is crippled, it just makes things possibly more easier within the game for us to score points... Because I do think Baltimore will score points this season.

But yea... Their running game is gonna be somewhat great... All things considered at this point.

They are another quality opponent... Again, with the exception of Cleveland, I think our division is gonna be real tough.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

see, I don't think Joe Flacco is anything more than a Field General/Manager. He's not a guy that a team puts on their shoulders and relies on to win games, regardless of the WR's he has. If they are running bal 60% of the time they are keeping what looks to be a very porous defense off the field. If Flacco throws more, you're getting mroe chances to face that defense, get turnovers and it takes away from their strength (running game)

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

see, I don't think Joe Flacco is anything more than a Field General/Manager. He's not a guy that a team puts on their shoulders and relies on to win games, regardless of the WR's he has. If they are running bal 60% of the time they are keeping what looks to be a very porous defense off the field. If Flacco throws more, you're getting mroe chances to face that defense, get turnovers and it takes away from their strength (running game)
    So,you're saying that he's another(according to the media) Big Ben??

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Neil O'Donnell

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Neil O'Donnell

Hey,the Jets thought he was good.

Threads : 82

Now the Bengals have a clear path to the super bowl... Ah **** can't add emoticons from tapatalk *insert hand on forehead here*. Seriously though I like Anquan but I just don't see why people are so high on unibrow. Never impressed me. They need to run the ball and have stellar defense in order to have success IMO and they aren't going to be able to run on us. They may catch a break defensively since they won't have to face Big Ben the first meeting. Things aren't looking good for the gayvens which is good for us.

Hey,the Jets thought he was good.

****, I forgot about that. I think Jets fans try to as well

Threads : 82

I liked Neil up until the super bowl bed ****ting. I thought he was a good fit for the type of O we ran at the time. Made Thigpen into a bit of a star. That contract I remember being kind of insane at the time. Good for NO tho. Would have rather had that bum than the bum we had after he left.

No there haven't been any reports of Flacco whipping it out whenever he pleases yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information