This was from Scott Brown's blog, View From The Press Box...
-------------------------

Contract situation doesn't faze Woodley
July 31st, 2010

The Steelers don’t have to worry about outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley.

At least not in the short term.

Woodley came across as disgruntled during a recent interview with Yahoo! when he talked about about his contract situation.

For anyone that missed the story here is the pertinent background: Woodley is going into the final year of his contract but the Steelers seem intent on letting him play out his existing deal since they have all of the leverage right now.

Woodley said he merely told Yahoo the news about his contact situation (i.e. that he wasn’t getting a new deal before the start of the season) and that he never considered holding out of training camp in protest.

“I can’t help my team win sitting at home. I’m not going to pout like that,” Woodley said.

The 6-2, 265-pounder later added, “Frustration is only going to hold me back. I don’t have time for that.”

The uncertain labor situation is what is holding Woodley back as far as cashing in big on his last couple of seasons. Under the current system, the fourth-year veteran is not eligible for unrestricted free agency until after the 2012 season.

Woodley said he would like stay with the Steelers long term. That, of course, is contingent on them taking care of him at some point with a deal that reflects his status as one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.

“When I get somewhere I like to stay but that’s out of my control,” said Woodley, who had 13 1/2 sacks last season. “The only thing I can do is come out here and practice every day.”

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...-faze-woodley/