Thread: Cardinals looking at Andy LaRoche

Threads : 138

Default Cardinals looking at Andy LaRoche

"According to Rob Biertempfel, the St. Louis Cardinals are eyeing Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman Andy LaRoche as a possible trade target. David Freese, the normal starting third baseman in St. Louis, recently went down for the season with an ankle injury, leaving the Cardinals looking for a replacement. The Cardinals currently trail the Cincinnati Reds by half a game in the NL Central race, and sit one and a half games back in the NL Wild Card race, tied for second with the Philadelphia Phillies, and trailing the San Francisco Giants.

In order for any trade to work, LaRoche would have to make it to the Cardinals on waivers. The Cardinals have the tenth priority on LaRoche, as he would have to get past Arizona, Chicago, Houston, Washington, Milwaukee, Florida, New York, Los Angeles, and Colorado, in that order. If LaRoche made it to the Cardinals, all it would take is an agreement between the Pirates and Cardinals. Any player on the St. Louis 40-man roster that the Cardinals wanted to trade would have to go through waivers, although this wouldn't be an issue, since the Pirates have the number one waiver claim. Players who aren't on the 40-man rosters don't need to go through waivers. The key to any potential deal is LaRoche reaching the Cardinals through waivers, which isn't guaranteed.....
    LaRoche is also out of options, which means he either has to be in the majors next year, or he has to be designated for assignment."

Read more: Cardinals looking at Andy LaRoche | Pirates Prospects http://www.piratesprospects.com/2010...#ixzz0vvbkiW7C

Threads : 45
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cardinals looking at Andy LaRoche

I'm completely indifferent on what they might get for him. He's had ample opportunity to prove himself and hasn't.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cardinals looking at Andy LaRoche

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm completely indifferent on what they might get for him. He's had ample opportunity to prove himself and hasn't.
    I likewise am indifferent on LaRoche. However, if I am trading him to an inter-division rival so they can make a run at the WS...I better be getting a decent return.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information