Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mendenhall

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Mendenhall

The problem sure is magnified by when and where Mendy coughs it up. I love the way he runs, inside the ten especially, he needs to cover with two arms.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem sure is magnified by when and where Mendy coughs it up. I love the way he runs, inside the ten especially, he needs to cover with two arms.
    Sure, It's the timing and the situation that magnifies things. That was a crucial time and place to fumble the ball. Our team was just about to ice those Vik-queens. imo.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any place you fumble is critical. You fumble it early in the drive and you give the other team good field position, you fumble it at mid field, still good field position to get to at least a FG opportunity. fumble it at the opponents 30 and you negate a FG opp for yourself etc...

There's really not a good place to fumble, nor a good time. Turnovers are great momentum shifters

sjdrewk

Fumbling in the first quarter is a lot better than when your about to ice a game but I get your point.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Fact is we won both the games he fumbled in so he didn't cost us any games. RB's are going to fumble. That is just the way it is. I can totally look past it.
    Eventually, its a matter of time, one of those fumbles IS going to cost us a game. Your starting RB cant have this big of a problem of fumbling.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 29

What I didn't understand on that fumble was why at that spot on the field did he decide to go over the top?

What was crazy on that drive, was Holmes had just given me cardiac arrest with the way he was holding the ball out there and I knew someone was going to knock it loose. Then Mendy fumbled it.

I still believe he is going to be a good back and he ran hard today I thought. But he can't continue fumbling the ball especially taking points off the board.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    What I didn't understand on that fumble was why at that spot on the field did he decide to go over the top?

What was crazy on that drive, was Holmes had just given me cardiac arrest with the way he was holding the ball out there and I knew someone was going to knock it loose. Then Mendy fumbled it.

I still believe he is going to be a good back and he ran hard today I thought. But he can't continue fumbling the ball especially taking points off the board.
    Here's my thing with Mendenhall. He could definitely be a great NFL runningback...BUT...there is a mental aspect of the game that is HUGE...and he's still struggling with that mightily right now.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information