Poll: Was the flag for tripping a complete fabrication?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call on Vikings for Tripping

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Call on Vikings for Tripping

Bill and Tunch explained it for me. It's a good call. All hail Bill, Tunch and the Wolfman (which is a particularly good nickname for a mostly bald chap)!

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Furthermore, if they give the Vikings that TD...take the kick return and the Woodley return off the board...AND give us our Holmes TD...we still win.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bill and Tunch explained it for me. It's a good call. All hail Bill, Tunch and the Wolfman (which is a particularly good nickname for a mostly bald chap)!
    How is it a good call when he didn't have a tripping motion and hit him with his shoulder?

Pause the above video at 2:01 and look at the positioning of the player...it wasn't a trip...his HIPS and SHOULDERS take Harrison out...not his feet.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was sure I saw our chap (if memory serves, it was Harrison) going forward and then, as the Vikes player's leg comes up and makes contact with him around knee level or a little lower, his trajectory changes and he goes down. Hence a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    I was sure I saw our chap (if memory serves, it was Harrison) going forward and then, as the Vikes player's leg comes up and makes contact with him around knee level or a little lower, his trajectory changes and he goes down. Hence a trip.
    Look at the video link I posted. Harrison is contacted by the hip and shoulder of Dugan...hence...not a trip.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    And that is why it was tripping, along with the fact that after the guy wiffed on the block, he tried to make up for it by tripping Harrison.

Good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    It was a trip. As far as I am concerned, the refs still owe us 278 calls in our favor for ignoring the holds against Deebo on every snap, plus other egregious calls that go against us every week. Watch the replay of Harvins return again. As Harvin is approaching Reed(tard), just to his right, there is a blatant hold being perpetrated by a Vikes blocker that should've been called. Just sayin'
    Dang I just posted same comment about the holding call on the return. I got the feeling that they really wanted farve to win the game anyone else feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    People...I know we all have Steeler biases...but this thing isn't anything CLOSE to a trip. He hits him with his shoulder. Its a terrible call...it equaled out...but lets not just write it off b/c it WAS NOT a trip.

Look at around the 2 minute mark:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ers-highlights
    Personally I thought it was more like a leg whip and I agree if he gets him initially a bit then the trip is not called.

I also thought the pic play was a good call though against the steelers

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    Personally I thought it was more like a leg whip and I agree if he gets him initially a bit then the trip is not called.

I also thought the pic play was a good call though against the steelers
    You thought the pic was a good call? Hmm...I thought he was pushed into the opponent...maybe Im wrong about that.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 407

I was watching the NFL network and they thought is was the correct call...that being Sanders and Irving. That play didn't lose the game for them IMO...and that call has to be made without any *****ing......same as the Heath call. The problem is...either of them don't always get called...or caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    I was watching the NFL network and they thought is was the correct call...that being Sanders and Irving. That play didn't lose the game for them IMO...and that call has to be made without any *****ing......same as the Heath call. The problem is...either of them don't always get called...or caught.
    I think the *****ing about it is the problem. Few calls TRULY lose a team the game. They came right back with the KO Return for a TD that completely nullified the Woodley TD...and they still couldn't win...so...........
    Hidden Content

Threads : 61

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    The rules are unclear to be honest. The rule is "Tripping by a member of either team." is a 10 yard penalty.

HOWEVER, to be a trip by definition one should be sticking his/her leg out etc...this was simply a terrible call that changed the game.

HOWEVER, the media is also wrong because the pass interference penalty earlier in the game against the Steelers was also bunk...which essentially equals out.
    I agree with you. It was a horrible call, but before whining about it changing the game, the Heath Miller pass interference call on Holmes' TD was garbage. Tit for Tat as far as I'm concerned. We turned our bad call into 3 points, they turned theirs into a fumble returned the other way.

Also, the Vikings still had their chances. They returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to wash out Woodley's. After forcing a Steelers punt, they drove the ball deep into Pittsburgh's half of the field before throwing an INT returned for TD. So I don't feel sorry for them at all....especially being professional player. 3 points on three chances in the red zone in the second half just isn't getting it done, bad call or not.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    I agree with you. It was a horrible call, but before whining about it changing the game, the Heath Miller pass interference call on Holmes' TD was garbage. Tit for Tat as far as I'm concerned. We turned our bad call into 3 points, they turned theirs into a fumble returned the other way.

Also, the Vikings still had their chances. They returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to wash out Woodley's. After forcing a Steelers punt, they drove the ball deep into Pittsburgh's half of the field before throwing an INT returned for TD. So I don't feel sorry for them at all....especially being professional player. 3 points on three chances in the red zone in the second half just isn't getting it done, bad call or not.
    EXACTLY
    Hidden Content

Threads : 61

BTW, the reason I thought the call on Miller was so bad is because it looked to me like the two players were simply on a collision course. Of course Miller knocked the MIN player's skinny *** down because he's so big. Yeah he leaned into it a little, but it's football. What do you want him to do, just take the hit, and hope the ref calls it against him? That's not how champions play. Also, it looked to me like Miller was running his own specific route. Why would you pick someone while running your own route? And what Steelers' receiver benefited from the pick? As I already mentioned, it was just two guys whose paths crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    BTW, the reason I thought the call on Miller was so bad is because it looked to me like the two players were simply on a collision course. Of course Miller knocked the MIN player's skinny *** down because he's so big. Yeah he leaned into it a little, but it's football. What do you want him to do, just take the hit, and hope the ref calls it against him? That's not how champions play. Also, it looked to me like Miller was running his own specific route. Why would you pick someone while running your own route? And what Steelers' receiver benefited from the pick? As I already mentioned, it was just two guys whose paths crossed.
    Furthermore, it had NOTHING to do with the play...I know that that doesn't mean it should/shouldn't be called, but it just annoys me when that kinda stuff happens when its not even involved...and like you said they were headed right for each other--and I still think/thought he was pushed into him.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information