Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great game...but...what ****ed you off?

Threads : 691

Default Re: Great game...but...what ****ed you off?

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Casey Hampton being offsides/in the neutral zone 3 or 4 times? Oh, and another ****ing fumble inside the redzone

Notice, we didn't see Mendy after that?

Those two things top my list,I didn't care for Wallaces "dive"into the endzone. I know that's just how today's players are,but I don't care for it,especially from a rookie.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I understand he was excited and all, but the way things are going, if that ball comes out, it coulda been bad. Mike Wallace has turned out to be a big play guy who has produced when called on. the longer he is here, I think we'll see less of that.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

KICKOFF COVERAGE, KICKOFF COVERAGE, KICKOFF COVERAGE!!!!!!!! This is two weeks in a row that instead of icing a game, our Kickoff Team gives up big score on a return. We cannot afford to spot everybody 7 on ST's!

All in all, it was a big win for the boys!!! Not pretty, but I'll take it anyday.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only one part of the team showing up. Until yesterday, the O was operating at a consistently high level while the D lapsed. Yesterday, the D started to function again and the O seemed to relax.

If both sides plus ST show up someday, somebody's going to pay.

Threads : 29

Was listening to Tunch and Wolf this morning and someone called in and asked the question about testing their secondary. According to them and Hartings, Minnesota deserved a lot of credit for taking anything deep away from them. According to Tunch they were almost playing a deep cover 3. IMO there is a lot we don't get to see on TV, so I tend to trust Tunch the most on these things.

They also had Wallace on and you guys can thank Holmes for Wallace's antics in the end zone. Apparently the last TD Wallace scored Holmes wasn't happy with his lack of celebration and told him he didn't want to be on Sportscenter. So that was why he did what he did.

Ziggy was on as well and I am now very impressed with him. During the interview he starts talking to someone and tells them he had C-gap, when he finally came back to them he told them he was answering Coach Mitchell. So early on his day off he's at work going over the game film with Coach Mitchell.

But as to things that ****ed me off, Ben trying to force it in to Holmes with Mewelde wide open and ended up being 4th down in what would have been a first down.
    Mendenhall fumbling the ball.
    PI on Miller, that was BS.
    Ward dropping a catch that would have given us 1st down instead forcing us to punt.
    Holmes and his showboating not only how he was carrying the ball, but his superman, muscle man or whatever it was he was doing flexing his muscles after every catch.

But the positive side: The defense reminded me of last year's defense. I don't know how many times last year and the other team would be moving the ball and I wouldn't be worried as I felt they were going to get the ball back. I felt that again yesterday on the drive that ended with the int td.

Rashard's running. I'm not near as concerned as the rest of you on the fumbles. IMO the fumble last week was BS and the whistle should have blown. This week was stupid especially trying to go over the top where he was at on the field. I don't like them and they need to stop and I expect they will, unless the coaches aren't doing what they're paid to do. But he is running with a lot of confidence.

The OL that everyone thought was going to be the weakness this year is the brightest spot another week. Max Starks deserves a lot of praise imo. Before the Bungles game everyone thought Odom was going to eat his lunch and Max proved them wrong. Many thought Allen was going to do the same and once again Max stepped up to the plate.

As for them playing a total game, I think folks need to take a deep breath and think back a little. They had these games often during the last two SuperBowl runs on one or both sides of the ball. But they're not playing their best and they're still managing to win games. They still have plenty of time to continue to improve and peak at the right time.

Threads : 691

I tend to trust Tunch the most on these things
    Tunch knows his ****.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 26

It seemed that the Min center was doing a lot of hand motions with his left hand right before a Hampton off-side call. I was at a bar and couldn't hear the talking heads .How much hand movement is allowed by the center?It obviously was not to point out blocking.

Threads : 277

Not a lot, but if forced to pick something:

--Not going "down field" enough.

--I thought the game plan was a ltitle too conservative.

--Our DBs stll play too far off, allowing for easy short pass completions.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    Not a lot, but if forced to pick something:

--Not going "down field" enough.

--I thought the game plan was a ltitle too conservative.

--Our DBs stll play too far off, allowing for easy short pass completions.
    Our DB play was terrible.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    Gay did look bad of a few plays...not too bad on some others in coverage...but he did make some tackles today.

Ike got burned one time bad. It surprised me...our shutdown corner.
    How about the play where Peterson killed him. He tried to take him head on and bounced off Peterson like a rubber ball off concrete. Man that was painful to watch.

Threads : 48

What ****ed me off most???

Missing the game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    Was listening to Tunch and Wolf this morning and someone called in and asked the question about testing their secondary. According to them and Hartings, Minnesota deserved a lot of credit for taking anything deep away from them. According to Tunch they were almost playing a deep cover 3. IMO there is a lot we don't get to see on TV, so I tend to trust Tunch the most on these things.

They also had Wallace on and you guys can thank Holmes for Wallace's antics in the end zone. Apparently the last TD Wallace scored Holmes wasn't happy with his lack of celebration and told him he didn't want to be on Sportscenter. So that was why he did what he did.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Ziggy was on as well and I am now very impressed with him.[/HIGH-LIGHT] During the interview he starts talking to someone and tells them he had C-gap, when he finally came back to them he told them he was answering Coach Mitchell. So early on his day off he's at work going over the game film with Coach Mitchell.

But as to things that ****ed me off, Ben trying to force it in to Holmes with Mewelde wide open and ended up being 4th down in what would have been a first down.
    Mendenhall fumbling the ball.
    PI on Miller, that was BS.
    Ward dropping a catch that would have given us 1st down instead forcing us to punt.
    Holmes and his showboating not only how he was carrying the ball, but his superman, muscle man or whatever it was he was doing flexing his muscles after every catch.

But the positive side: The defense reminded me of last year's defense. I don't know how many times last year and the other team would be moving the ball and I wouldn't be worried as I felt they were going to get the ball back. I felt that again yesterday on the drive that ended with the int td.

Rashard's running. I'm not near as concerned as the rest of you on the fumbles. IMO the fumble last week was BS and the whistle should have blown. This week was stupid especially trying to go over the top where he was at on the field. I don't like them and they need to stop and I expect they will, unless the coaches aren't doing what they're paid to do. But he is running with a lot of confidence.

The OL that everyone thought was going to be the weakness this year is the brightest spot another week. Max Starks deserves a lot of praise imo. Before the Bungles game everyone thought Odom was going to eat his lunch and Max proved them wrong. Many thought Allen was going to do the same and once again Max stepped up to the plate.

As for them playing a total game, I think folks need to take a deep breath and think back a little. They had these games often during the last two SuperBowl runs on one or both sides of the ball. But they're not playing their best and they're still managing to win games. They still have plenty of time to continue to improve and peak at the right time.
    I absolutely loved the hustle and effort that Ziggy gave on the Fox return!!!! That boy has some wheels for a big guy...Big things to come

Threads : 407

[QUOTE=cardiacsteelers;8842]
    But as to things that ****ed me off, Ben trying to force it in to Holmes with Mewelde wide open and ended up being 4th down in what would have been a first down. For me what was even worse than not throwing to MM, Ben could have run for the 1st down, and we needed to make a first down bad at the time.

Mendenhall fumbling the ball. Wasn't happy, but it was the effort I liked, had he not fumbled, everyone would have been gloating about the effort.

PI on Miller, that was BS. Right call was made, just not consistently in all games and down and distance situations.

Ward dropping a catch that would have given us 1st down instead forcing us to punt. Didn't mind it a bit, he has made many a catch and scarificed for the team, he is entitled to drop a tough one knowing he was gonna get nailed,....come on it ain't he is Sweed

Holmes and his showboating not only how he was carrying the ball, but his superman, muscle man or whatever it was he was doing flexing his muscles after every catch. I agree he needs to get over that ****.

[quote=bleedBnG58;9190]
    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    But as to things that ****ed me off, Ben trying to force it in to Holmes with Mewelde wide open and ended up being 4th down in what would have been a first down. For me what was even worse than not throwing to MM, Ben could have run for the 1st down, and we needed to make a first down bad at the time.

Mendenhall fumbling the ball. Wasn't happy, but it was the effort I liked, had he not fumbled, everyone would have been gloating about the effort.

PI on Miller, that was BS. Right call was made, just not consistently in all games and down and distance situations.

Ward dropping a catch that would have given us 1st down instead forcing us to punt. Didn't mind it a bit, he has made many a catch and scarificed for the team, he is entitled to drop a tough one knowing he was gonna get nailed,....come on it ain't he is Sweed

Holmes and his showboating not only how he was carrying the ball, but his superman, muscle man or whatever it was he was doing flexing his muscles after every catch. [COLOR="red"][HIGH-LIGHT]I agree he needs to get over that ****.[/[/HIGH-LIGHT]COLOR]
    He can only ride out the SBMVP thing for so long! Flex your little guns when you catch a TD pass bro! You're expected to move the chains...its getting old (ask my fantasy league)

Threads : 135

I agree...showboating after every first down is a little much...so what dude...you did your job. Want a cookie?
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information